Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ
and Forum Rules
before you get started.
Ok so not had the game long, just finished Bahrain in my 1st season.
Decided to try a different tyre strategy for qualifying 3. Knowing it would compromise my grid position, I used the soft tyre to do my run on. So as I could finish the race on the super soft. But instead when I get to the race im on the super soft and the tyres have wear!
How is this possible when obviously I did my quick lap on the soft but started the race (with wear) on the super soft?
See DashPanel here:http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/54969/dashpanel-android-app-now-with-full-codemasters-data-support
I often have requests for the client to read UDP directly for XB1 and PS4.
I have test code running against UDP from the PC version however as I don't own either console I would much prefer someone test it on actual console hardware before releasing it.
If anybody is interested in helping I can offer free full data for all DashPanel plugins your effort.
If you own a compatible Android tablet and an XB1 or PS4 with F1 2017 please contact me with the gmail you sign into Google Play with at email@example.com.
The first contact from someone from both categories will be accepted.
in cockpit view it only happens
F1 2018 Game Ideas
F1 2017 Game is so far, in my opinion the best ever game within Codemasters franchise. However, every amazing game still needs improvement. So today, I'm going be talking about F1 2018 and ideas that could be implemented for the new game, next year. Obviously, I am aware of FOM regulations/license etc. But hopefully some of these ideas can be implemented.
- AI are more defensive in the slipstream/straight
- AI hang around a corner or might make a huge dive bomb into a corner
- Show characteristics of actual F1 drivers when you are in any racing mode (Alonso does a lot of cut backs or Ricciardo dive bombing)
- Use feeder categories such as; F4, F3, F2 or Go - Karting within the gameplay for career mode (get promotion from teams and so on)
- Bring back conferences and interviews even a interview outside the F1 world maybe in a boat with a special broadcast or something
- First and third player format of the F1 world, which includes the, garage, pit lane, motor home, paddock area
- Have YOUR own celebration when you win or do well inside and outside the cockpit
- Put more womens in the cutscenes
- Produce standing water, if drivers go on top of this they aquaplane
- Once it rains, make some drivers go on the non - racing line like Verstappen
- Different setups for different tracks
- POV view of the podium like Monza, Silverstone and so on
- Pre - Podium scene or POV view. Drivers talking etc
- Once a race finishes YOU get to drive back to parc ferme
- Marshals come out on tracks to clean debris instead of it disappearing
- Have winter testing running before the season starts so you and the team can develop the car but you get less R & D
- Keep legendary cars
- Get legendary circuits back
- More reversal tracks
- Tyres can de - laminate or explode instead of losing pressure all the time
- Get to talk with team bosses
- First lap crashes need to be sometimes bigger and catastrophic.
- Drive to your own pit box
- Commentators speaking within the race David Coulthard and Ben Edwards ( I like his commentating)
- Engineer talks more and tries to motivate you
- Podium talks, POV
- On race day, by yourself you get to go to the starting position and team rolls you into your grid slot
- AI needs to be more aggressive
- Time Trials delete laps which don't seem to be correct
- Getting demoted or out of contract by a team much more quicker then 13 races
- Getting demoted mid - season
- Drivers from other feeder categories participate in P1 and P2
- Red flag when there is heavy rainfall
- Once red flag YOU get to go back to either the pits or grid slot
- Getting told off for a mistake or crashing into a teammate by the team
- When cars hit one another, sometimes there can be terminal damage, such as water leak/ hydraulic leak etc causing you to stop
- Get a charge button this means drivers and players can only go for a lap, then charge battery for a lap, then go again. This reduces wear of tyre and tests players more
- More mechanical failures
- Be able to change engine settings
- Have more information on the steering wheel, lap times, battery charge
- Being able to use ERS
- Double flap DRS
- Story mode of an young talent, you get to choose the path to get to the Formula One World
- White lines can make the rear slide away in the wet or cause you to go off
- Be able to analyse your driving. Where you lost time and so on or being able to watch your lap
- If you win the world championship you get it on December or whenever it is, so maybe a cutscene for that
- Have a more realistic trophy cabinet
- Have a series where you start in the a 2000's car and then as the year progresses new drivers, new teams, new cars start to get implemented until 2018
- Being able to unveil the car during launch and asked questions
- Being able to change helmets or customise your own helmet
These are all my ideas, I'll be happy if anyone of you can leave more ideas for Codemasters, which will make the game better for the years to come. By the way I'm not saying Codemasters hasn't done a good job it has done an exceptional one but it just needs a bit more of a tweak to become the best racing game in the world.