Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[SOLVED] PLEASE ADD COMPATIBILITY FOR THRUSTMASTERS F1 ADDON [FIX INSIDE]

neongioneongio New Car Smell
Please add compatibility for Thrustmasters F1 addon for t500rs or tx458 (rim is the same)

I have tx458 and game works great with default rim. F1 rim is detect as direct input device and doesn't work (loop menu selection when I touch pedals)

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have edited dinput.xml with same satting as tm_tx.xml and F1 RIM works!!!

You can grab edited dinput_default.xml here https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1ayoj8767qtirx/dinput_default.xml

-Go to \input folder, make a backup of original dinput_default.xml
-Overwrite it with modded file
-Go ingame and choose "direct input device" as your controller device
-Set all buttons and pedals without issues.

Thank you CM for support  >:) >:) :s

Post edited by neongio on

Comments

• geektechgeektech New Car Smell
    Hello,

I have the exact same problem!

As soon as I touch the wheel or any button or the pedals, the menu controll goes into an endless loop. If I don't touch anything and start a race, I can steer, but I always look "back".

No way to play the game this way, sadly.

Would be great if the Thrustmaster T500 would be fully supported (with the F1 wheel)

thank you!

best regards

Ulrik
  • neongioneongio New Car Smell
    anyone else has same issue?
    geektech said:
    Hello,

I have the exact same problem!

As soon as I touch the wheel or any button or the pedals, the menu controll goes into an endless loop. If I don't touch anything and start a race, I can steer, but I always look "back".

No way to play the game this way, sadly.

Would be great if the Thrustmaster T500 would be fully supported (with the F1 wheel)

thank you!

best regards

Ulrik
    I agree 100%!!
    Yeah, I am sitting here quite dissappointed.

The game looks like fun (just did one race with keyboard...uh...) and I want to play it, and the Thrustmaster T500 is on the list of compatible wheels, so it's a bummer it isn't "fully" supported, meaning the F1 version does not work at all.

best regards

Ulrik
  • Metfan86Metfan86 New Car Smell
    I have the exact same problem. I am very disappointed since the T500 F1 worked perfectly fine with previous Codemasters game like Grid 2, F1 2011 - F1 2013. Grid Autosport is unplayable this way (camera always looks backwards, loop in the menu etc.)

Please support the Thrustmaster T500 wheel, Codemasters!

Thanks
    Hello CM,

any chance to get some feedback on this issue? Or even some ETA for a fix?

Currently, we are not able to play the game :/

best regards

Ulrik
    I'm writing detailed email to custserv@Codemasters.com

Could you do the same...F1 rim is actually not working
    not good....not not good!
    ---------------------------------------
    Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid Autosport.

Unfortunately that add-on is not supported by the game and, at the current time, we do not have any plans to add support for it I'm afraid.

Keep up to date with any further announcements on our website - www.codemasters.com

Kind regards
    Rob
    Codemasters Customer Services
    Then they shouldn't list the Thrustmaster T500 wheel in the compatibility list.

Looks like that was the last Codemasters game I bought. No money towards F1 2014 if that is how they treat their customers.
    They HAVE the codebase to make it work (it works in every other Grid game, plus in the F1 games), and refuse to implement it, after they realize they forgot to support a rather common setup?

Sorry, that is bad customer service, nothing else.

best regards

Ulrik
    geektech said:
    Then they shouldn't list the Thrustmaster T500 wheel in the compatibility list.

Looks like that was the last Codemasters game I bought. No money towards F1 2014 if that is how they treat their customers.
    They HAVE the codebase to make it work (it works in every other Grid game, plus in the F1 games), and refuse to implement it, after they realize they forgot to support a rather common setup?

Sorry, that is bad customer service, nothing else.

best regards

Ulrik
    1 step forward, 2 steps back...thank you Codemasters
    I can't try grid for next days. Could you check if something is changed with new patch?
    edited July 2014

update 3 has NOT add compatibility for our F1 RIM!!!!

it's detected as direct input device and menu scroll down in loop!! impossible to use...ad before!!!!

edited August 2014

I have edited dinput.xml with same satting as tm_tx.xml and F1 RIM works!!!

You can grab edited dinput_default.xml here https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1ayoj8767qtirx/dinput_default.xml

-Go to \input folder, make a backup of original dinput_default.xml
    -Overwrite it with modded file
    -Go ingame and choose "direct input device" as your controller device
    -Set all buttons and pedals without issues.

• BrutusBruthahnBrutusBruthahn New Car Smell
    T300RS
    Hello, in Grid 2 my wheel (Thrustmaster T300RS) is'nt recogniced. Has someone a .xml to solve this problem?