Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Time Trials Silverstone

Hi guys I've been a fan of grid for ages well since the first one and was kind of sad when that went offline .
This Autosport version is great I've just purchased the pack in store for Silverstone track . Is there anyway you can add the GP full track to the offline competition also can we have Time Trails for this track even on all disciplines if you can . I find that no one is online playing Silverstone GP track when I'm on I've only played the touring car version . 
Please please can you add the option 
Great game by the way !

Comments

• oldmodeltoldmodelt Member Unleaded
    andy5guns said:
    Hi guys I've been a fan of grid for ages well since the first one and was kind of sad when that went offline .
    This Autosport version is great I've just purchased the pack in store for Silverstone track . Is there anyway you can add the GP full track to the offline competition also can we have Time Trails for this track even on all disciplines if you can . I find that no one is online playing Silverstone GP track when I'm on I've only played the touring car version . 
    Please please can you add the option 
    Great game by the way !

I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • SantariniSantarini Member New Car Smell
    I bought the Silverstone DLC, also! I will always buy extra tracks but never bother with DLC which only contain cars. With regard to Silverstone... I have had the track for at least six months and as yet have had no opportunity to run on it yet! However "Gran Turismo" also has the track so I have raced on it, quite frankly I don't care if I never do so again! The new configuration of Silverstone is dire! The original Silverstone was one of the most exciting tracks in the world (all of its alternative configurations) but since it has been upgraded and altered it has lost all appeal. I say too the people who think they have the capability of redesigning tracks in real life... YOU DON'T! Another example of this is the new Snetterton 3000 track, My wife and I went to the Snetterton round of the BTTC every year from 1984 until a few years ago (we stopped going two years after the new track was opened). Snetterton WAS an hugely exciting track with overtaking (or attempts at overtaking) happening everywhere,it had the longest straight of any track world wide and was great fun to watch from any place on the circuit, Today it is a boring procession that takes two minutes to complete a lap, 50 second  laps in it's earlier form. Jonathan Palmer who owns the track and is also responsible for it's redesign clearly has no clue about what makes a track great! This is evidenced by the fact that he wanted to recreate his favourite corner (the Montreal hairpin) but failed to understand that the way a corner works is determined by the run up to it. On the Montreal circuit the approach to the "Montreal Hairpin" is from a long flat out section begun from a chicane complex which brings cars together and allows slipstreaming to come into play before the hard braking into the hairpin! Exciting stuff! Snetterton's "Montreal Hairpin" is at the end of a short straight which begins after the first corner which brings the field into line astern formation and from that point on the so called improvements prevent overtaking at any place on the circuit, even in the places which remain unchanged!  the reason is the same as just mentioned with regard to the "Montreal Hairpin" in Montreal ( The alterations change the way each and every corner is approached ) At the first two BTTC meetings post changes the drivers and Tim  Harvey were expressing their disappointment with the new track and subsequently have been mute on the subject ( contractual obligations are a very efficient gag!). Significantly though there is none of the enthusiasm and excitement for the new track, that was a big feature of the event before the changes were implemented! Poor show Jonathan!

Back to Silverstone, F1 drivers still want to win at Silverstone particularly the "Brits" and that is understandable but I would wager that if the drivers were candid about it they would be saying they much prefer it s it was... Silverstone was the fastest track in the world now it it is a boring and quite frankly a pitiful track... I and, it seems, many others have no taste for it at all which is why we never race on it in "GAS". If it is ever included in another game the old format should also be included, then (I think) it will be possible to measure the distaste for the circuits new format. Elsewhere in these threads I have mentioned that Snetterton should be included in a future Grid game but also pleaded for the inclusion of its historic layouts.

A great big thumbs down, from me and (as the track is not often used in the game), many others, for this new configuration Silverstone!    
  • oldmodeltoldmodelt Member Unleaded
    I can only speak for my love of the Silverstone tracks from the Forza series.  The one in GAS certainly was a change for me.  But I do run it in reverse a lot though.
  • andy5gunsandy5guns Member New Car Smell
    I remember watching 1600s going round snetterton in the 90s and loved that track they definitely need to add it to next gen racing games (grid4) 
    silverstone should be added maybe have options for different timelines. 1990s for me