Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Oldest PC you own that is still running?

Prawn01Prawn01 Member New Car Smell
edited April 2014 in Off-topic Discussion
Hello / Hi and happy Friday. :)

This thread I created for people to show their oldest PCs that they may still have running.
*P.S This thread is not intended to make you feel old :p

I guess I'll start then:

My trusty old IBM Pentium 1, specs are listed down below along with pictures..

Specs:
Pentium 1 166mhz
16mb ram
1,2gb HDD
CD ROM
3 ¼ Stiffy Drive
Recently added a 5 ¼ Drive in below the CD ROM ( not shown in the pic)
Running Win95

Speakers and CD ROM have yellowed quite a bit I admit, but they are still functioning :)

Pics:

Feel free to post below :)
A boot full of power solves most problems..

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Team Principal
    edited April 2014
    I have a old IBM at my mums place no picture or specs tho.

My first computer was a Espon 286.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Reminds me a lot of my first computer :) The speakers look extremely familiar! And I used to love the 3 button mouse :)

Unfortunately, the only computers I own now are modern.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    My dad has an old IBM. It's still tucked away in a cupboard which I am reluctant to open because I trapped a pretty large spider in there a couple of weeks ago and hope to starve it to death.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • Prawn01Prawn01 Member New Car Smell
    My dad has an old IBM. It's still tucked away in a cupboard which I am reluctant to open because I trapped a pretty large spider in there a couple of weeks ago and hope to starve it to death.
    Haha. I know how you feel buddy.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Prawn01 said:
    Hello / Hi and happy Friday. :)

This thread I created for people to show their oldest PCs that they may still have running.
    *P.S This thread is not intended to make you feel old :p

I guess I'll start then:

My trusty old IBM Pentium 1, specs are listed down below along with pictures..

Specs:
    Pentium 1 166mhz
    16mb ram
    1,2gb HDD
    CD ROM
    3 ¼ Stiffy Drive
    Recently added a 5 ¼ Drive in below the CD ROM ( not shown in the pic)
    Running Win95

Speakers and CD ROM have yellowed quite a bit I admit, but they are still functioning :)

Pics:

Feel free to post below :)
    looks like my first PC in fact my first PC had those specs as well my old Acer I've just replaced still works that's probably my oldest one right now but  I mostly replaced because I knew it was time for a change as the liquid cooling system was due for a top up-

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Reminds me a lot of my first computer :) The speakers look extremely familiar! And I used to love the 3 button mouse :)

Unfortunately, the only computers I own now are modern.
    same here

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    For some reason we still have our old Dell Windows 2000 PC connected up. We haven't turned it on in about 5 years but it still works! :p
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    For some reason we still have our old Dell Windows 2000 PC connected up. We haven't turned it on in about 5 years but it still works! :p
    Ah Windows 2000. Has to be one of my favorite OS's
  • JordJord Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Wow that's pretty old. My girlfriend currently uses my old gaming rig, it's been updated fairly regularly though so I don't really have any old rigs lying around anymore. 

I can't even remember what happened to my first pc, it probably went to a skip or donated to someone at some point :(
    Level Designer :)
    Jord said:
    Wow that's pretty old. My girlfriend currently uses my old gaming rig, it's been updated fairly regularly though so I don't really have any old rigs lying around anymore. 

I can't even remember what happened to my first pc, it probably went to a skip or donated to someone at some point :(
    Slightly off topic, but that's a gorgeous Supra. Is it yours?
  • JordJord Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Prawn01 said:
    Jord said:

Slightly off topic, but that's a gorgeous Supra. Is it yours?
    Thanks mate :D Yup it's mine. Check here for a bigger photo :)
    Level Designer :)