Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

1246725

Comments

  • SASBlinkSASBlink Member Unleaded
    Thoughts anyone?


    Mission 10, Final Boss: Defeat Prawn!
    Team SAS #3 on Grid-A, xbox 360.
    Team Beez are cheaters, they talk big, race slow.
    Complete noob, come race with me. ;)
    A indomitable spirit, Expert tree kicker, Noise maker, Professional ostrich babysitter and a Superb armchair critic.
    Link to team Hq-https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/club/448/sas
  • SASBlinkSASBlink Member Unleaded
    thought, anyone?



    Mission 10, Final Boss: Defeat Prawn!
    Team SAS #3 on Grid-A, xbox 360.
    Team Beez are cheaters, they talk big, race slow.
    Complete noob, come race with me. ;)
    A indomitable spirit, Expert tree kicker, Noise maker, Professional ostrich babysitter and a Superb armchair critic.
    Link to team Hq-https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/club/448/sas
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Not exactly much to go on at the moment! I dunno, I never really got into DBZ. Maybe I was just too young when I watched it.
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Ditto. My friends have tried to get me into DB/Z a few times but I just can't get into it.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    SynGamer said:
    Ditto. My friends have tried to get me into DB/Z a few times but I just can't get into it.
    @SynGamer well, it is quite repetetive and plot progression is far too slow for most. I remember I used to like it as a kid for the epic attacks and stuff, but when I tried re-watching it, I found it all to be the same generic battles and, frankly, rather boring.

    DBZA is a whole different story, though. Quite well-balanced. Of course, it's not an official series, just a parody. Newes episode 45 is called "Hyperbolic Plot Device" and makes a reference to Naruto ending.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    edited November 2014
    Recently binge-watched Attack on Titan in two days spanning two weeks (2 wednesdays, missing one in the middle.)  Not sure what to think of it. I guess it was OK, overall. Some bits were epic, others were kinda meh.

    Also, it seems the dub (which i watched) aired on Adult-Swim... Haven't seen the sub for Shingeki no Kyojin.
    Post edited by 789ifyz on
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Also, just started Steins;Gate today. It's really interesting. I'm absolutely hooked.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    edited November 2014
    789ifyz said:
    Also, just started Steins;Gate today. It's really interesting. I'm absolutely hooked.
    My anime buddy at work insisted I try Steins;Gate, she was pretty distraught when I revealed I hadn't watched it. What's it actually about? Never really looked into it much.

    I think mainly I'm just resisting it because that's a stupid place to put a semicolon.
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Britpoint said:
    789ifyz said:
    Also, just started Steins;Gate today. It's really interesting. I'm absolutely hooked.
    My anime buddy at work insisted I try Steins;Gate, she was pretty distraught when I revealed I hadn't watched it. What's it actually about? Never really looked into it much.

    I think mainly I'm just resisting it because that's a stupid place to put a semicolon.
    @Britpoint‌ it's basically time travel and its consequences, with a  slightly different take  on the multiverse theory but it isn't  quite as dull as many others that take  on that topic. Apart from a few generic episodes  in the middle, it's actually pretty interesting, as are the characters.

    It's a total of 25 episodes. I watched it on Netflix, which has GREAT quality, as you probably know. Too bad it's anime library is so pitifully puny.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    @Britpoint‌ I tried yuyushiki and I did enjoy it a lot, but I didn't love it as much as yuru yuri.

    Have you tried Yama no susume? Basically about some high school students who love climbing mountains. I think the second season is still ongoing. The firsthe one is super short.

    Also, in case you weren't aware, Zankyou no terror finished a while back. Total of 11 episodes.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    I think I have mentioned this before, but I really liked Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru., better known as oregairu, also known as my teen romantic comedy SNAFU.

    the second season is airing in April 2015. It's called, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.zoku, probably will be better known as oregairu 2, aka my teen romantic comedy SNAFU 2.

    This anime almost inspired me to learn Japanese so I could read the light novel series it's based on...
    Almost.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    I guess I might check out OreGairu. Especially as it's got a second season as a) things that earn a second season are often pretty good and b) if it is good there's more of it to look forward to. Yuyushiki not getting a second run remains a great tragedy.

    Recently finished the first season of Hitsugi no Chaika (or 'Chaika the Coffin Princess' if you prefer). I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me with fun characters, interesting antagonists and some good action. Second season of that is currently airing. Top action anime at the moment has to go to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's nice to see this franchise living up to its potential
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Britpoint said:
    I guess I might check out OreGairu. Especially as it's got a second season as a) things that earn a second season are often pretty good and b) if it is good there's more of it to look forward to. Yuyushiki not getting a second run remains a great tragedy.

    Recently finished the first season of Hitsugi no Chaika (or 'Chaika the Coffin Princess' if you prefer). I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me with fun characters, interesting antagonists and some good action. Second season of that is currently airing. Top action anime at the moment has to go to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's nice to see this franchise living up to its potential
    @Britpoint I've heard great things about Fate series. That's the next series I'm watching. Right now, I've restarted FMA:B, and this time I'm finishing it.
    What order were they produced in again? Is it Fate/Stay Night, Fate Zero and then Unlimited Blade Works, or is Fate Zero the original and Night the prequal?

    My Anime viewing has slowed down greatly in the last few months. But now my the xmas holidays are coming up (4 whole weeks!) and most my family's going abroad, I'll probably start binge watching (again).

    Unless I'm feeling too lazy. Which I often am.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    @Britpoint Apparently, Detective Conan is the Japanese version of Sherlock Holmes, so if you enjoy or enjoyed Sherlock you may enjoy that.
    Personally, I don't like the new Sherlock. The original Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was much better in my.... humble. opinion.


    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Forgot to mention how Steins;Gate is very well dubbed. As are some older and longer series.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    789ifyz said:

    @Britpoint I've heard great things about Fate series. That's the next series I'm watching. Right now, I've restarted FMA:B, and this time I'm finishing it.
    What order were they produced in again? Is it Fate/Stay Night, Fate Zero and then Unlimited Blade Works, or is Fate Zero the original and Night the prequal?

    So there was:
    1. Fate/Stay Night. Produced by Studio Deen in 2006 and adapted the first route of the visual novel the series is based on. I quite liked it, but it was far from perfect and felt a bit low budget at times. I don't think you need to bother with it.
    2. Fate/Zero. This is the direct prequel to the current series. I didn't watch all of it as it was a bit grimdark in places, but very well received by a lot of people. If you watch it, watch it before the current series because it does reference back occasionally. You can skip it if you like though.
    3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Currently airing. UBW is the second route of the visual novel, so the story is somewhat different from the 2006 anime. This is the one you definitely want to watch IMO, we're 9 or 10 episodes in at the moment. If you use Crunchyroll they're simulcasting it.
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Britpoint said:
    789ifyz said:

    @Britpoint I've heard great things about Fate series. That's the next series I'm watching. Right now, I've restarted FMA:B, and this time I'm finishing it.
    What order were they produced in again? Is it Fate/Stay Night, Fate Zero and then Unlimited Blade Works, or is Fate Zero the original and Night the prequal?

    So there was:
    1. Fate/Stay Night. Produced by Studio Deen in 2006 and adapted the first route of the visual novel the series is based on. I quite liked it, but it was far from perfect and felt a bit low budget at times. I don't think you need to bother with it.
    2. Fate/Zero. This is the direct prequel to the current series. I didn't watch all of it as it was a bit grimdark in places, but very well received by a lot of people. If you watch it, watch it before the current series because it does reference back occasionally. You can skip it if you like though.
    3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Currently airing. UBW is the second route of the visual novel, so the story is somewhat different from the 2006 anime. This is the one you definitely want to watch IMO, we're 9 or 10 episodes in at the moment. If you use Crunchyroll they're simulcasting it.
    @Britpoint OK, Thanks.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    After seeing some scenes that didn't seem to fit the age rating of  Anime that I thought were PG-13, I found out that 4 of the anime I and my brother (who's 15) watched are 17+ (Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Zankyou no Terror) , and one that I watched alone was actually R+ 17 (Zetman)...

    It's OK since I'm 18 and my bro's kinda mature for his age in some ways, but, thinking they were only PG-13 as most anime are, I've actually let an 8 year old watch some bits of them....

    ps. not sure why I'm posting this here. 
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    @Britpoint I've started watching Nozaki-kun (pt of 1st episode). pretty funny so far.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    You know those "feels" scenes? Well, I start watching them and start getting the feels, but if the character (particularly if it's a child) cries for more than a few seconds, or suddenly burst into tears without warning, I find myself laughing for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? Or am I messed up emotionally?
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

    Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
Sign In or Register to comment.