Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

Comments

• 789ifyz789ifyz Member Co-Driver
    Britpoint said:
    789ifyz said:
    Britpoint said:
    I keep pitching this but they're having none of it! XD
    @Britpoint am i right in assuming you work with the GRID team? Do you happen to know anyone in the DiRT team who would be willing to pitch something similar there? Of course, if they refuse we can always rely on modders to get some sort of livery out there, but said mods probably won't be available on console.
    Aha, not a chance ^_^ Even when I bring it up it's only as a joke, don't expect us to be putting Hatsune Miku in any time soon! The parody MadokaxAutosport trailer @scarl3td3vil did is as good as you're gonna get.

@Britpoint oh, well, it was worth a shot. I'm on PC anyway, so I still have modders to rely on. I did begin making a livery myself once, but then I got lazy.
    Oh, and I just watched that MadokaxAutosport trailer. It's really brilliant, that.
    Youtube: 789ifyz         Steam: Ultament Gamr

Specs:
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    GFX Card: MSi Twin Frozr nVidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
    CPU: Quad Core Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2133MHZ
    Motherboard: MSi B250I Gaming Pro AC
    PSU: Corsair CX550M
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Just added Tokyo Ghoul, Death Parade, and Assassination Classroom to my watchlist/queue. Not sure which one to start first, but I have tomorrow off so I better decide soon :D
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    @SynGamer , both Tokyo Ghoul and Assassination Classroom are on my wishlist too. I've seen some bits of the former. As far as I can tell, it seems bair gory. Though the bits I saw were from root(A). I believe that's the sequal? Or is the full title just Tokyo Ghoul Root(A). 'Root' being the mathematical sign for square root.

Specs:
  • scarl3td3vilscarl3td3vil Member Unleaded
    The Madoka X Autosport trailer I made last year becomes even funnier when I realize that Codemasters used that name VERY liberally for the Japanese drivers in the original GRID. They were all boys, or at least the ones you could hire teammates are, anyway.

Codies, if I ever make a racing game, I am going to make sure you guys will NEVER live it down.

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    So I've picked up Hunter x Hunter since my last reply in this topic around April.

WOW!

That is all.

Next up is probably Akame ga Kill, Gintama, Kill la Kill and maybe Death Note. I'm one of the few who is yet to see Death Note.
    Any anime recommendations for my 2.5 hours of commute each day? Would like something fun, with some action. Think Cowboy Bebop, I just require the suggestions to be dubbed, please.
    @SynGamer basically something Action & Comedy-and/or-fun, right? I'm not really sure of any, and I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop (yet), but here's a few that I feel fit those categories. Not sure if they're suitable for during a commute to work, but I'll leave that to you to  decide. These are in no particiular order:

1. Ultimate Spiderman: fits the category, though it is a Cartoon, but the Art Style does resemble that of Anime.

2. While we're on Marvel, there's the Iron Man Anime...

3. I've heard Lupin is very similar to Cowboy Bebop. I think it was made around the same time period... haven't watched it yet, so can't confirm, but try it.

4. Gintama: apparently the best Action-Comedy, high up on my watchlist. Also, it spends a lot of time trolling other Anime, so that's a plus. Not sure if there's a dub. Should be, though.

5. If I was younger, I'd be recommending DBZ, but looking back, that's pretty boring.

However, I think Team Four Star's Abridged Series is worth checking out. Apart from the first episode, it's pretty decent, and sometimes cracks some jokes regarding the flaws of the original. Still ongoing, though .So far, 46 episodes plus movies/specials. They even have their own version of 'Make a man out of you' from Mulan. (end of shameless advertising)

6. Yu Yu Hakusho: Some fun, some action, but also simmilar to DBZ, unfortunately. Not sure if this should really be on this list...

7. Samurai Shamploo?

8. Afro Samurai?

Others that I've watched which I feel may be action and/or comedy are either not dubbed or the dubs are horrendous.

Well, I'm no expert on these things, but I hope this list is at least of some help to you. :smile:

Specs:
    789ifyz I've actually seen most of those already!
    • I did't really care for the Iron Man anime, which is disappointing since I'm a fan of Madhouse.
    • Spider-Man was fun, but is definitely more American cartoon than Japanese anime.
    • I could never get into Lupin. Tried watching it in the past, but yeah...just not interested.
    • Same for Yu Yu Hakusho. Gintama was fun, but seemed more like small short stories, especially considering how long the series it.
    • DBZ is another pass. Just can't get into that series/characters.
    • Samurai Shamploo = love it! One of my favorites actually.
    • Afro Samurai was alright, not amazing, but the art was cool.
    I was browsing Crunchyroll and came across Log Horizon so I am giving that a try right now, enjoying it so far :)
    Recently started watching Higurashi no Naku Koroni/When They Cry. It's a mix of disturbing bits, brutal bits, fun bits, funny bits, sad bits, happy bits...

but above all else, it's incredibly, incredibly confusing. There seem to be many versions of how the story/events unfold, and the chronology is a little all over the place... unless they're all separate universes/timelines, in which case...

Anyhow, just thought I'd post my initial thoughts here. Hopefullly I'll find all the answers by the end of it.

Specs:
    Watched half of episode 7. Turns out, I was right about it being multiverse. Clears up much of the confusion, but I'm not too sure why the 'alternate universes' are called 'past worlds'...

Unless time 'resets' after reaching a certain point... and everyone is transferred to this new 'world' that has been created by the reset, where the would-be futures are now past memories, thus making those original worlds 'past worlds' for the characters, rather than alternate universes with different versions of the same characters...

Anyway, I'm hopeful that it will clear up pretty soon.

Specs:
    My exams are FINALLY OVER!!!

I'm probably gonna spend the next few days binge-watching anime or binge-gaming, and then return to my normal daily routine.

Also, finally got round to watching Gin Tama, Oregairu.Zoku doesn't have as much of the comedy element as the original did, but there are other things that made it great and I'm liking/enjoying this second season so far.

And I also found the name of that Fighting anime I liked about that secret deadly martial art: Shootfighter Tekken.

Specs:
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Binge play some anime games, two birds with one stone! ^^
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
    Britpoint said:
    Binge play some anime games, two birds with one stone! ^^
    I generally keep my anime and gaming separate, and only have a few Anime Games, most of which are fighting and get boring relatively quickly.

One of the anime games (Long live the Queen) would make up a portion of the binge-gaming, but most of it would probably be taken up by DiRT Rally and (when it comes out) Arkham Knight. And GTA V PC and Just Cause 3 and Orie and the Blind Forest...

Anyway, I think it's about time for a couple hours of Gin Tama.

Specs:
    Just out of interest, which anime/manga are people currently watching/reading and what do you guys have planned for the Summer.

Specs:
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    edited May 2015
    Ah, if only we'd make an anime version of DiRT Rally then! Initial D on gravel.

I'm watching some Barakamon at the moment. Absolutely great comedy.
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • scarl3td3vilscarl3td3vil Member Unleaded
    Britpoint said:
    Ah, if only we'd make an anime version of DiRT Rally then! 
    I always thought rallying would be the perfect motorsport discipline for a romantic comedy anime.

Britpoint said:
    Ah, if only we'd make an anime version of DiRT Rally then! 
    I always thought rallying would be the perfect motorsport discipline for a romantic comedy anime.
    I would love to see a short rally anime, similar to Initial D :smiley: 
  • Anths95Anths95 Member Unleaded
    edited May 2015
    @SynGamer, @Britpoint@scarl3td3vil - it's funny you guys mention a rally anime because I'm actually working on a piece right now for a mock poster/advertisement for a rally-based anime. I'll post a pic when I've got more done, I don't have much yet. My goal is to make it look like a cross between K-On! and Initial D, but on dirt, lol (and with less tea-drinking). With the proliferation of weird titles like Rail Wars! and Girls Und Panzer it only seemed to make sense :tongue: 

And @789ifyz - I never keep up with the current seasons but I'm making an exception this year; I think I'm going to try to catch the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato because I was/am a huge Haruhi fan. 
    "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows." - Walter Rohrl
    dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com - my liveries
    edited May 2015
    Apparently there's a Higurashi no Naku Koroni game. Well, visual novel. That's like an interactive, coloured manga, right? Anyway, here's the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/310360/ 

some of the drawings, are a bit weird.
    Post edited by 789ifyz on

Specs:
    edited May 2015
    789ifyz said:
    Just out of interest, which anime/manga are people currently watching/reading and what do you guys have planned for the Summer.
    I think I'll respond to my own question here...

Recently finished: 
    Higurashi no Naku Koroni (+Kai) (+Rei), 
    Yama no Susume

Currently Watching: 
    Gin Tama, 
    Naruto Shippuden (for some reason), 
    Oregairu.Zoku 

Plan to watch soon: 
    (re-watch) Yuru Yuri, Nozaki-kun, Shootfighter Tekken, 

(first time) Psycho Pass, SAO II, Toradorara.

Specs: