Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Beg for DiRT 4 to CM

MaserattiMaseratti Member New Car Smell
After Showdown, GRID2 and now Autosport I really fear for next DiRT game, since this series are my favorite at the moment. I have been rally fan, and CM fan of doing rally games since Colin McRae 2.0, it was gorgeous. I accepted DiRT1 which went more arcady way but they still delivered, I felt satisfied with driving and physics, no matter it was simplified. DiRT 2 was not one bit worse than 1st game, I enjoyed it as much, and DiRT 3 I play till this day almost every evening. It gives me lots of fun and generally game well done, it's even improved since DiRT2 (weather conditions, track variety, more classic car choices). You can call DiRT 3 names, and certainly not everyone is very happy about it (especially about Gymkhana mode), but you cannot take from this game the fact that it's quality and well very well done in general. There are no real flaws aside from not being true simulator, which isn't very relevant at this point.
What I want from next DiRT game:
- Same detailed and immersive interior view (game even has IR Tracking) as last DiRT games.
- Same physics, I beg you not to change it, because I fear those might fall as Showdown which will be a killer of this game.
- More tracks and more cars, adding at least one very long track for every rally or/and climb/trailblazer event would be the blast.
- Same weather conditions as in DiRT 3 but preferably more varied.
- Move Gymkhana in separate mode, not present in Rally Tour, like Battersea challenges. This mode is fun, but forcing to play it along rally events isn't best idea in my opinion.
- A bit more Rally focus.

It's all I want. Basically do the same game with a bit more content, as you did with F1 series, I'm absolutely positive that fans will accept it much better without drastic changes. It's a racing game after all, it's not shooter that needs lot of new features to keep fanbase hyped. People enjoy Driving, not some blingy stuff, please don't put it down to NFS level, keep it unique as it is right now!

P.S. If anyone else has doubts and fears for next DiRT, please bump/sign this thread, or leave similar suggestions in other threads. I just want to draw CM's attention, because, as I see, they are taking questionable turns in releasing new games in series, maybe our (fans) opinions can reveal them of what we really want to see and buy.

Comments

• mikeyar72mikeyar72 Member New Car Smell

Dirt3 was definitly the best game all over.

But for drivers like me who didnt like Rallycross and Gymkahna there is no alternative game outside the market with this Grafik.

I personatly want a Game with rallymodus like the 2.0 Game. All Games after this can not give me the rallyfeeling that i want !

Changing from collin Mcrea to Dirt was in my opinion Marketing only. I think with a rally"alone"game can Codies not make enough money because there are not so much rallydrivers?

The time has changed. Today the player wants 200 cars in 300 diferent colurs with 400 diferent Tracks :).

I want a few cars a few Tracks  but the Tracks as tricky as possiple. I miss the Tricky old stages - sorry codies but your roads are defintly to big. Rally means driving a car on his limits on a road witch is not much bigger than 1 car ! Look at for example Litlikaupanger or col st roch realy good stages but all the time can 3 cars driving side by side. When i looked you tube vids about my Heroes like Walther Röhrl on what a small road he blows a lancia or the Quattro thats what i want !!!

I know thats Dreams then Marketing can not sell such a game with big wining ? The Grafik the sound and the atmosphere are realy outstanding in all Dirtgames specally Dirt 3.

Make in Dirt 4 the Rallymodus as the Main-event! All others In a seperate Modus or a seperate Game ?

We Startet 2000 or 1999 With a rallygame and now we have a rally/rallycross/trailblazer/freestyle Gymkhana/landrush/head to head/driftshowcase/smash attac/speedrun/gymkhana sprint/gymkhana attac-GAME !!!!!! Must we have this ?  I think make 1 or 2 group of drivers realy happy like 11 Groups a little bit !

• screweddriverscreweddriver Member New Car Smell
    there is no hope left for me other than rally pack for project c.a.r.s.
    i'm no beggar or dreamer but i'm looking forward to be surprised by the boldness of codies' investors
  • MaserattiMaseratti Member New Car Smell
    tbh I either have no hope for Project c.a.r.s being decent game, it more looks like some kind of benchmark to me and Slightly Mad Studios don't have a single decent racing that can back up my hope, both Shifts were just terrific abominations, not arcades and definitely not sims with inadequate physics, no proper damage model, input lags (unacceptable thing for racing), and whatnot.

CM at least have really good and quality games released, both sims and aracades. I hope their investors aren't too blind to see feedback on their races with twists like Showdown with GRID2 and poor sales of those products. Pushing DiRT like F1 model would be my dream, though most of us have nothing left but to dream...
  • liam7988liam7988 Member New Car Smell

come on Codemasters. Give us a good rally game with a multi season career mode where drivers change teams and move between categories. e.g younger drivers in 2wd emerge as stars in wrc cars after a few seasons, and older drivers retire. player would start off in junior championship with a small budget attemting to attract better sponsors to go to better categories or even attract a professional team.

• thanos999thanos999 Member New Car Smell
    mikeyar72 said:

Dirt3 was definitly the best game all over.

But for drivers like me who didnt like Rallycross and Gymkahna there is no alternative game outside the market with this Grafik.

I personatly want a Game with rallymodus like the 2.0 Game. All Games after this can not give me the rallyfeeling that i want !

Changing from collin Mcrea to Dirt was in my opinion Marketing only. I think with a rally"alone"game can Codies not make enough money because there are not so much rallydrivers?

The time has changed. Today the player wants 200 cars in 300 diferent colurs with 400 diferent Tracks :).

I want a few cars a few Tracks  but the Tracks as tricky as possiple. I miss the Tricky old stages - sorry codies but your roads are defintly to big. Rally means driving a car on his limits on a road witch is not much bigger than 1 car ! Look at for example Litlikaupanger or col st roch realy good stages but all the time can 3 cars driving side by side. When i looked you tube vids about my Heroes like Walther Röhrl on what a small road he blows a lancia or the Quattro thats what i want !!!

I know thats Dreams then Marketing can not sell such a game with big wining ? The Grafik the sound and the atmosphere are realy outstanding in all Dirtgames specally Dirt 3.

Make in Dirt 4 the Rallymodus as the Main-event! All others In a seperate Modus or a seperate Game ?

We Startet 2000 or 1999 With a rallygame and now we have a rally/rallycross/trailblazer/freestyle Gymkhana/landrush/head to head/driftshowcase/smash attac/speedrun/gymkhana sprint/gymkhana attac-GAME !!!!!! Must we have this ?  I think make 1 or 2 group of drivers realy happy like 11 Groups a little bit !

WE USED TO HAVE THAT ON A GAME CALLED GRAND TORISMO ON PS1 IT HADE 600 CARS AND LOTS OFF BASIC COLOURS SO I CANT SEE WHY THEY CANT HAVE 1000+ CARS IN GRIDE