After Showdown, GRID2 and now Autosport I really fear for next DiRT game, since this series are my favorite at the moment. I have been rally fan, and CM fan of doing rally games since Colin McRae 2.0, it was gorgeous. I accepted DiRT1 which went more arcady way but they still delivered, I felt satisfied with driving and physics, no matter it was simplified. DiRT 2 was not one bit worse than 1st game, I enjoyed it as much, and DiRT 3 I play till this day almost every evening. It gives me lots of fun and generally game well done, it's even improved since DiRT2 (weather conditions, track variety, more classic car choices). You can call DiRT 3 names, and certainly not everyone is very happy about it (especially about Gymkhana mode), but you cannot take from this game the fact that it's quality and well very well done in general. There are no real flaws aside from not being true simulator, which isn't very relevant at this point.
What I want from next DiRT game:
- Same detailed and immersive interior view (game even has IR Tracking) as last DiRT games.
- Same physics, I beg you not to change it, because I fear those might fall as Showdown which will be a killer of this game.
- More tracks and more cars, adding at least one very long track for every rally or/and climb/trailblazer event would be the blast.
- Same weather conditions as in DiRT 3 but preferably more varied.
- Move Gymkhana in separate mode, not present in Rally Tour, like Battersea challenges. This mode is fun, but forcing to play it along rally events isn't best idea in my opinion.
- A bit more Rally focus.
It's all I want. Basically do the same game with a bit more content, as you did with F1 series, I'm absolutely positive that fans will accept it much better without drastic changes. It's a racing game after all, it's not shooter that needs lot of new features to keep fanbase hyped. People enjoy Driving, not some blingy stuff, please don't put it down to NFS level, keep it unique as it is right now!
P.S. If anyone else has doubts and fears for next DiRT, please bump/sign this thread, or leave similar suggestions in other threads. I just want to draw CM's attention, because, as I see, they are taking questionable turns in releasing new games in series, maybe our (fans) opinions can reveal them of what we really want to see and buy.