Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I've had that happen before, but I think it was on F1 2015 lol.

I had a problem where my engine sound wasn't audible at the start of the Sochi career race. After doing a mid-session save and coming back in it went back to normal. Before that though I could only hear the turbo and the MGU's, no actual engine lol.
    Yeah I've not had it on 15 or 16. It kind of feels kind of weird as the games been running pretty well up until now. I have reported it though in the technical section we'll have to see if anything comes of it.
    Just had the bug again this time at Singapore. I'm currently uninstallimng and reinstalling it to see whether that does anything.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Personally I would have deleted your graphics setting and then let Steam check the files, rather than going straight to the extreme of uninstalling and redownloading it.
    Hughesy said:
    Personally I would have deleted your graphics setting and then let Steam check the files, rather than going straight to the extreme of uninstalling and redownloading it.

It's OK as I was originally going to move it from where it was originally installed anyway. So it made sense to do both at the same time.

• WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    I'm only at Austria and I've already had 3 failed upgrades... If there was no such thing as bad luck I wouldn't have any.
    Not convinced getting the extras (reduced fail % and reduced cost) are actually worth it.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

I'm only at Austria and I've already had 3 failed upgrades... If there was no such thing as bad luck I wouldn't have any.
    Not convinced getting the extras (reduced fail % and reduced cost) are actually worth it.
    Maybe not but it is making the game more fun. I had a few in my first season at Williams but in my second racing for Ferrari I haven't had any yet and I've only got 2 more races of the season to go.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Well I've just had the most bizarre thing happen at Monaco!

I don't really like the track and was struggling in qualifying. I made it into Q3 but was stuck in 10th. I would've been happy to get 9th, but I was last car across the line and gained 2.2 seconds on the last lap! I have no idea where that came from! I qualifed 5th, but I get to the race and I'm on pole!

It turns out all but 5 cars have gearbox penalties, so I'm starting on pole and Perez is 3rd. He got past Perez on the run up the hill on lap 1, so now it's a battle between the 2 of us for the win at Monaco!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

fIsince08 said:
    Well I've just had the most bizarre thing happen at Monaco!

I don't really like the track and was struggling in qualifying. I made it into Q3 but was stuck in 10th. I would've been happy to get 9th, but I was last car across the line and gained 2.2 seconds on the last lap! I have no idea where that came from! I qualifed 5th, but I get to the race and I'm on pole!

It turns out all but 5 cars have gearbox penalties, so I'm starting on pole and Perez is 3rd. He got past Perez on the run up the hill on lap 1, so now it's a battle between the 2 of us for the win at Monaco!
    Nice I've really been struggling at Monaco this year but good for you. Hopefully with more practice I'll get better.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    And I did win! Some dodgy strategy by Merc with Hamilton (and then Perez covering it) allowed me to win, but Sainz and Kvyat finished off the podium! I'm now second in the championship as well as both Ferraris retired.

Have the blue flags been fixed in the latest patch? I wasn't expecting them to work in a mid race save, but Monaco is horrific without them and it needs fixing.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Sounds like CM need to work on when the AI cars change parts. I too had something like 7 AI cars that changed parts and got penalties too at Monaco. I qualified 7th but ended up starting 4th.
    Sounds like CM need to work on when the AI cars change parts. I too had something like 7 AI cars that changed parts and got penalties too at Monaco. I qualified 7th but ended up starting 4th.
    At Brazil I qualified 13th and started 2nd, absolutely bonkers :joy:
    There was a bug relating to wear of component parts  but I believe CM said they fixed it in the last patch. I've not had it at Monaco but I did have it a cou8ple of times at the end of Season 1 in my career where I qualified poorly and got bumped up due to others taking penalties a lot. It didn't happen too much in Season 2 though at most I did get bumped up 1 row as I qualified I think 5th in Brazil and ended up starting the race from 2nd alongside Hamilton. That's as extreme as it got in my 2nd season. I like the idea of what CM have tried to do as it does lead to some interesting races and starting grids but I do agree it's a bit strange sometimes tbh.

Anyone here play Xcom 2? Until I played Mario+Rabbids I'd never looked at this type of game, weird connection but the combat is similar. But wow what a game Xcom is, the amount of stuff to do away from battle is crazy. I love that if a soldier dies during a mission, he/she is gone forever, it makes for a very tense experience. It's kind of has a Mass Effect vibe to it, I now feel silly that I thought I didn't like this type of game.
    Hughesy said:
    Anyone here play Xcom 2? Until I played Mario+Rabbids I'd never looked at this type of game, weird connection but the combat is similar. But wow what a game Xcom is, the amount of stuff to do away from battle is crazy. I love that if a soldier dies during a mission, he/she is gone forever, it makes for a very tense experience. It's kind of has a Mass Effect vibe to it, I now feel silly that I thought I didn't like this type of game.

No I've heard of it but not played it. It just doesn't really look like my kind of game much.

Haha that's what I thought a week ago, then I found out I really enjoy turn based strategy combat games. All the stuff a way from combat is just as fun, you can customise each solider, name them, different coloured armor and facial features. It actually puts most RPG's to shame with how much you can change. So far my best soldier is my brother, he's a killing machine so he wears a hockey mask :joy: Then there's upgrading your ship and researching new tech and making new weapons. The best bit is it has Steam workshop support, so there's loads of mods I can try after completing the main game.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 16

Lukedfrt said:
    Operator1 said:
    Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO 80% off - Steam week long deal ends September 11.

Lots of bad reviews, but it's quite a deep discount for anyone who might be curious enough to try it, or for those who just want to sample various rally games affordably.
    I enjoyed it, one of only 2 games I've ever had a platinum trophy on!

Admittedly, I'm not a serious rally fan or a hardcare rally sim player, but for only $5.99 (US) on a recent Steam sale, Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO seems fun to me so far.

Lots of cars, tracks/stages, & modes. Looks & sounds decent. Some customization/personalization options. Good atmosphere, presentation, & menus. I haven't noticed any critical game-breaking functional/technical issues yet.

Driving it feels good to me with a wired/USB Xbox One gamepad using the game's "pro" (no assists) handling preset. Driving it also feels good to me with a ThrustMaster T150 wheel using the game's "pro" (no assists) handling preset.

I wouldn't be a good judge for how authentic/realistic the physics & FFB are. For all I know, maybe hardcore rally sim purists might think this game's handling & FFB are for "arcade kids."

I haven't driven all of the cars in the game. The cars I've tried so far feel a little floaty to me on gravel, almost like trying to steer a jet-ski in the water. Tarmac driving feels grippy to me. The front-wheel drive cars I've tried feel like they spin way too easily under even very light braking.

Unfortunately, the game appears to require creating a 3rd-party account to access online leaderboards & multiplayer modes. I typically stick to single-player gaming, so I probably won't bother creating that online account.

The game seems quite accessible. So far, I'm finding it pleasantly smooth to just casually pick-up-&-play the single-player modes without fussing too much over trying to "git gud."

I'm sure it's not the world's greatest rally game ever, but it seems well worth 6 bucks to me. ;)

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

edited September 19

ACG review of Project CARS 2:

(Summary/verdict: ACG says wait for sale & patches.)

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

Operator1 said:

ACG review of Project CARS 2:

Might get it for Christmas but I'm trying to cut back a bit on new games till  I clear some of my backlog.

edited September 18

Just been testing out the new patch looks like they've fixed the rain bug I had. Needs to test some more though but it's looking good atm.

Edit nope the bug's still there but I think I've found the culprit though it seems if you alt tab out of the game and then go back in without shutting it down is what causes it.

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    P Cars 2 is reviewing with too many bugs for me to want to make it a day 1 purchase.

Going to wait for community feedback first.
    Lively IGN Project CARS 2 video review (9.2/10):