Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

1313314315316317319»

Comments

  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion



    Yeeeah, quite frankly, Turn 10/Microsoft can p*ss off for all I care. Real shame since I very much enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 and their previous Motorsport titles, especially the 4th one, but I can't bring myself to support this greedy behaviour in any way shape or form.

    Built from the ground up for micro-transactions:
    http://redd.it/73g7do

    Destiny 2 also looks quite micro-transtastic.

    Like I always say: they'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. We vote with our wallets: every pre-order & purchase is a vote that says "yes, give us more of this." If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. So there's 2 more games for me to vote against by not purchasing them.


    *Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    ...They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. #NeverPreOrder

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Anybody know if F1 2017 has the two hour rule in it? I just did a 115 minute race at Singapore without any sign of a clock.

    Also, a rather bizzare incident. I was 40 seconds behind Vettel when the SC came out. I followed the delta time, then when it switches to "catch the car behind" I got 2 drive through penalties for exceeding 10 car lengths. Mate, I'm 40 seconds behind driving flat out, give me a break! Had to go back to a save and do it again.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • EUfkdupEUfkdup Member New Car Smell
    The safety car is a complete mess. Managed to get 6th in a Sauber at Monza because a lot of the AI had to serve penalties for what you were screwed for, illegal blocking and overtaking under the safety car. The rain also helped i suppose...

    There were moments Jeff kept telling me i had permission to overtake the car in front but the OSD was telling me to stay behind them! 

    I've also had races where the AI decide to drive into the back of the safety car and end their race. Maybe they were just putting themselves out of their own misery.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    EUfkdup said:
    The safety car is a complete mess. Managed to get 6th in a Sauber at Monza because a lot of the AI had to serve penalties for what you were screwed for, illegal blocking and overtaking under the safety car. The rain also helped i suppose...

    There were moments Jeff kept telling me i had permission to overtake the car in front but the OSD was telling me to stay behind them! 

    I've also had races where the AI decide to drive into the back of the safety car and end their race. Maybe they were just putting themselves out of their own misery.
    I've just done some browsing through the forum and there's a patch coming which should sort a lot of it out, so I'm not posting a bug report until after I've tested it. Interestingly, Grosjean in my last race got 4 5 second penalties for ignoring blue flags and Sainz got 2.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    By far the worst thing during a safety car is the restart. If you are mid pack and they all slow down, you turn into a ghost and they all just overtake you. The worst track for it seems to be Mexico.
  • EUfkdupEUfkdup Member New Car Smell
    In my last race, Stroll wiped himself out after trying to force his way through me. I overtook him at the last corner on the pit entry side but obviously he wanted a change of tyres. Bloody youth of today
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited October 19
    Nice I can now record videos on my Nintendo Switch, welcome to the 21st century Nintendo. It’s only the last 30 seconds, but it’s a start.

    Edit: Not quite 21st century, it’s only supported in a few games, Fifa isn’t one currently, which is a shame as I’m scoring some cracking goals. Hopefully EA add support for it.
    Post edited by Hughesy on
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited October 19

    DiRT 4 currently 50%-off (PC/Steam)


    *Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    ...They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. #NeverPreOrder

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Must admit I'm really liking the look of Star Wars Battlefront 2's SP

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Bought Gran turismo sport, the graphics are amazing but the game doesn't have any cars older than 2009 except for 80s model group B Audi. So no classic cars which is a real shame.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!





  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    Battlefront II looks so great visually, and the campaign stuff is no doubt going to be good but the whole loot box stuff in multiplayer is just awful, are you getting it on launch sj?
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |
     



  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    AMS97KRR said:
    Battlefront II looks so great visually, and the campaign stuff is no doubt going to be good but the whole loot box stuff in multiplayer is just awful, are you getting it on launch sj?
    yeah I am I'm mostly interested in the single player stuff though I'm not interested in the MP. Gameplay wise it looks like it plays a lot like MEA in SP and I enjoy Andromeda's combat. It's one of the main reasons why I'm still playing it.

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    Probably for the best you're not interested in it, can't see EA changing much between now and launch in terms of the multiplayer. Really disappointing what they've done with the multiplayer considering how much potential there is there :(  It's pretty much the reason I would have bought it...
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |
     



  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    AMS97KRR said:
    Probably for the best you're not interested in it, can't see EA changing much between now and launch in terms of the multiplayer. Really disappointing what they've done with the multiplayer considering how much potential there is there :(  It's pretty much the reason I would have bought it...
    yeah it's the main reason why I stayed away from Battlefront 1 no SP. I liked what I was seeing graphics wise though as Frostbite is a beautiful engine and given how it handled Battlefield I knew it would look great for games like Mass Effect and Star Wars type games if done right. Wasn't too sure at first about Dragon Age at first when I heard Inquisition was going to use it but it worked out well. So it's certainly not just showing how pretty it is but how versatile as well especially given EA's sports games like Fifa are using it too now. It's taken a little while to get it where it needs to be to handle these games but I think they're getting there. Perhaps my only criticism is that faces do look a little cartoony from time to time but that aside I think they've done a good job with it.

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    edited October 22
    fIsince08 said:
    Anybody know if F1 2017 has the two hour rule in it? I just did a 115 minute race at Singapore without any sign of a clock.

    Also, a rather bizzare incident. I was 40 seconds behind Vettel when the SC came out. I followed the delta time, then when it switches to "catch the car behind" I got 2 drive through penalties for exceeding 10 car lengths. Mate, I'm 40 seconds behind driving flat out, give me a break! Had to go back to a save and do it again.
    I once followed the delta time thinking I was safe and then it randomly added 5 tenths to a second at the very end of it, giving me a penalty.


    So I crashed out Massa as a response, caused a SC and won the race because I pitted. Take that.
Sign In or Register to comment.