Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Hughesy said:
    Yeah  because I got down out a million times by the ai ;)
    In most races yea, but not the one where I forgot to choose a gear ;) That was Long Beach in the GT3's, where you were leading before driving into a tire barrier :D

It was fun though, best races we've had on PCars 2 so far, and 3 wins each.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    No it was in that race, I came back on in 2nd and then was spun over and over again before the fountain ;)
    It was definitely the best we've both done since we started playing it together.
    Hughesy said:
    No it was in that race, I came back on in 2nd and then was spun over and over again before the fountain ;)
    It was definitely the best we've both done since we started playing it together.
    Lol, should have had a penalty for unsafe rejoining :p 
    edited May 15
    Wow what Microsoft do with old games on Xbox One X is really impressive. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption at 4K and it looks amazing, it's crazy that it still holds up to today's game when you consider the hardware it was running on. Currently waiting for 97GB of Forza 7 to download....
    These are taken using my phone, but still I think you'll agree they look great @RevolvingPrawn

Post edited by Hughesy on
    Looks good dude :)

Anybody else seen the gameplay trailer for Rage 2 today? I liked the first one, and the sequel is looking like Doom + Mad Max so it's definitely on my radar!

I loved RAGE, the new one does look good so hopefully it is.
    Hughesy said:
    I loved RAGE, the new one does look good so hopefully it is.
    It was one of those games that never got the attention it really deserved I think. I'm hoping they absolutely smash it with the new one :)

There was this one bit in the first game where you were standing on like the balcony bits of a smashed up apartment building firing rockets at this giant monster that was smashing the building trying to kill you. I've always remembered that part and how awesome it was :)
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 15

I very much enjoyed my play-through of Bethesda's & id's first Rage game on my Xbox 360. If I recall correctly though, the game wasn't much of a commercial success, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see a sequel coming. I hope it's at least as awesome as Doom's 2016 comeback.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it sells enough, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than reviews, requests, & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Sounds like PES  may be on it's last legs now. As it sounds like EA have got the Champions league and Europa League rights back for Fifa 19. It looks to me that that was the only thing keeping PES afloat so I suspect they may struggle now especially as FIFA already had an impressive lead on them this gen

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    PES still wipes the floor with Fifa based on gameplay imo.. But the lack of licences, just kills it :disappointed: 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Lukedfrt said:
    PES still wipes the floor with Fifa based on gameplay imo.. But the lack of licences, just kills it :disappointed: 
    Yeah and now it' s lost the UEFA licensing. It's not confirmed yet but there are rumours going round that EA have resecured it. At least it' s a rumour going round from Fifa youtubers like MGH based on something the dutch commentator said that EA uses for the game and that he recorded extra lines for this for FIFA 19. I don't mind PES but the way it has been going and the improvements Fifa have made in recent years with extra game modes like the Journey and all and the switch to Frostbite this is going to be a real kick in the teeth for Konami if it's true. But given how they've treated the PC version of the game I'm not too sorry though because at least EA have tried using the same engine across the board and kept things up to date.

PES died in 2006 for me. It just feels old and clunky to me, lack of licenses doesn't bother me, but the gameplay isn't for me.
    Hughesy said:
    PES died in 2006 for me. It just feels old and clunky to me, lack of licenses doesn't bother me, but the gameplay isn't for me.
    Yeah I don't tend to play PES much either but I think the loss of UEFA's licensing could just be the final nail in it's coffin.

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Picked up Prey cheap for the PS4, so far its a good game as i like Sci-fi thriller type games.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited May 17
    I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

tbtstt said:
    I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it sells enough, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than reviews, requests, & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Operator1 said:

tbtstt said:

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.

I am about 25% in and Arkham Knight already seems a much bigger game than Arkham City. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

So I just installed Forza Horizon 1 on my Xbox One X, the disc was still in my 360 as it was the last game I played on it, so the disc was in it for years haha. It plays at 4K on the Xbox X and looks pretty stunning. It just shows that they were able to do amazing things with those old weak consoles
    tbtstt said:

yeah I picked up Arkham Knight cheap as well for my birthday as I got it for £5 on Steam as I decided to treat myself to the Batman Arkham series for my birthday I had played Arkham Asylum but I never beat it though as I found the combat a little tricky but I have been rethinking that maybe I just need a different strategy but I managed to get the whole lot for about £50 altogether with all the DLC's as well  so not a bad deal really.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I got the Arkham trilogy (not Origins) cheap on the PS Store a while ago, they're a great set of games but Knight is by far the best one.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----