Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

1341342343344345347»

Comments

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Has anyone else struggled at Monaco on F1 2018? Finished dead last in my career mode even though i'm normally top 10 :confused: The car was fairly quick in quali, but absolutely awful for the race!             
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Lukedfrt said:
    Has anyone else struggled at Monaco on F1 2018? Finished dead last in my career mode even though i'm normally top 10 :confused: The car was fairly quick in quali, but absolutely awful for the race!             
    I've always struggled at Monaco on these CM games to the point where I'm kind of used to it now but yeah 2017 and 2018 I find are definitely harder. But I think at least for me it's partly down to the wider cars. I just find I struggle more because wider cars on a narrow track don' t tend to go well or at least they don't for me.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Lukedfrt said:
    Inner tyre temps bud. That race is the reason I have it turned off as Codies can't do anything new right. That's why you were so slow in the race. 
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Hughesy said:
    Lukedfrt said:
    Inner tyre temps bud. That race is the reason I have it turned off as Codies can't do anything new right. That's why you were so slow in the race. 
    Well this is a biased statement. So many times Codies have confirmed that it works as it has been planned to and so many times Codies have nerfed it because of a small portion of the community...
    edited December 4
    Not biased at all, it's a fact. Tyre temps shouldn't be an issue at Monaco, yet its the worse track. Add to the fact that the ai aren't affected by inner temps and that makes it a bs feature. They haven't nerfed it at all. The people that aren't affected are probably slow drivers with the AI set low. I can keep temp down by driving 5 seconds a lap slower, but that's for the whole race, push for one lap and boom they're gone. 
    Hughesy said:
    Not biased at all, it's a fact. Tyre temps shouldn't be an issue at Monaco, yet its the worse track. Add to the fact that the ai aren't affected by inner temps and that makes it a bs feature. They haven't nerfed it at all. The people that aren't affected are probably slow drivers with the AI set low. I can keep temp down by driving 5 seconds a lap slower, but that's for the whole race, push for one lap and boom they're gone. 
    I can't believe I'm having this argument again. As in every other thread most people have pointed out: You're pushing too much, the feature works as it's supposed to. The AI knows how to save their tires, so if you can't race them while saving your tires, maybe that AI level is not good for you.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Currently playing RDR 2 very good game graphics wise but the missions are long and slow, i think RDR was fast and action packed. Maybe it's the size of the map and bring a sense of slowness to the game, it's rumored the map is bigger that Gta 5.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited December 5
    UP100 said:
    Hughesy said:
    I can't believe I'm having this argument again. As in every other thread most people have pointed out: You're pushing too much, the feature works as it's supposed to. The AI knows how to save their tires, so if you can't race them while saving your tires, maybe that AI level is not good for you.
    You only have to look at their lap times to see they aren't saving tyres at all, in fact they get quicker until the tyres are worn. Turn the feature off and you will see they are setting the exact same lap times, so again they aren't affected by it.

Tyre temps should not be an issue at all at Monaco. There's no high speed corners, no long braking zones. I love people like you that stick up for them no matter what. Just like when Code masters said ai were setting real qualifying times in 2010, it was proven they weren't and also in another game they weren't affected by fuel usage or weight. If I can get around Monaco in a proper sim, they this game should be no problem. Pretty much any other track my tyre temps are fine, Monaco is broken. Keep responding if you like butting into other people conversations, Luke was slow at Monaco, I gave him the reason..... 
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    That must be the reason Hughesy, it's the only track I've struggled at.. It was insane, i was around 3 seconds a lap slower :lol:
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Hughesy said:
    UP100 said:
    Hughesy said:
    You only have to look at their lap times to see they aren't saving tyres at all, in fact they get quicker until the tyres are worn. Turn the feature off and you will see they are setting the exact same lap times, so again they aren't affected by it.

Tyre temps should not be an issue at all at Monaco. There's no high speed corners, no long braking zones. I love people like you that stick up for them no matter what. Just like when Code masters said ai were setting real qualifying times in 2010, it was proven they weren't and also in another game they weren't affected by fuel usage or weight. If I can get around Monaco in a proper sim, they this game should be no problem. Pretty much any other track my tyre temps are fine, Monaco is broken. Keep responding if you like butting into other people conversations, Luke was slow at Monaco, I gave him the reason..... 
    This is a pointless argument. I guess you're playing on gamepad as that is the only "logical" reason about why you think like this.
    edited December 7
    Interesting stuff really. The first proper battle royale mode to launch for Linux and it's for a 5 year old game that is now even free (as Epic Games for some reason doesn't realise UE4 supports linux)

Not really a BR when there’s only like 16 players. It’s just a deathmatch using the BR tag as it’s popular.
    Hughesy said:
    Not really a BR when there’s only like 16 players. It’s just a deathmatch using the BR tag as it’s popular.
    Well up to 18 but I guess I get your point.
    Too damn right I have questions what do you think you're doing you bad dog?

So this is what it feels to be like a used car salesman. In Forza 7 I bought a car from someone in the auction house for 1 million and then I sold it for 5 million :sunglasses:
    Must admit I'm impressed by Shadow of the Tomb Raider's graphics the encounter with the Jaguars in the jungle for example was really impressively done.

Must admit the puzzles are pretty impressive and  very challenging even when set to easy in Shadow.

Finally decided to buy Fifa 19 for Xbox X for £28. PES 19 is on Xbox Game pass but playing that made me want Fifa 19 lol. 
    edited 3:59PM
    Hughesy said:
    Finally decided to buy Fifa 19 for Xbox X for £28. PES 19 is on Xbox Game pass but playing that made me want Fifa 19 lol. 

A chance to take Yeovil to Champion's League glory too irresistible I take it? :p Either way yeah Fifa 19 is a lot of fun. Those new kick off/party  modes will make for good entertainment at Christmas and stuff I think. They may not have changed career mode too much but the graphics do look slightly better in Fifa 19 at least to me. Also the fact it is harder to score in Fifa 19 too makes it a little better too thanks to the new mechanics but then I felt it was a little too easy on 18 to get lots of goals.

Got a couple of games on the cheap as well recently. One called Enslaved Odyssey to the west which is half platformer half beat'em up and the other one Bullet Witch which is kind of half shooter half magic kind of hybrid game. Apparently Bullet Witch got rather mixed reviews when it first came out but it looked quite good fun to me so I decided to give it a chance. Seeing as it only cost £10 I thought I can spare that if I don't like it it's only £10 wasted and if I do end up enjoying it I got myself a bargain. Haven't played either of them yet but I am looking forward to giving them both a try. Enslaved was a little more expensive as that was £15 but still 2 games I'm hoping will turn out to be quite good bargains.

Post edited by sjsharp2010 at