Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

Comments

• KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    Can someone play Max Payne 3 on Steam with me, all alone atm. :(
    I have it... Never played it online though :p
    It's hilarious, use Jack Lupino as my online character. The drugged up boss in Max Payne 1 who thinks he's a messanger from satan.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    So how does it work? The usual deathmatch/TDM? And can you still use bullet time online?
  • KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2014
    TDM, DM, Hardcore and Gang Wars. What you would expect, except Gang Wars is like a short story, written by the plays depending on what happens during the rounds. For example one team might be able to grab all of the bags of drugs, of blow up a garage. Then the next round would be different. They are all based around Story events as well. You can customize your loadouts and avatars into the finest detail, use story characters from the old games if you unlock them too.

You can use bullet time, shoot dodging, various different boosters.

• Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    Perhaps if you bought me CS:GO. And a new PC while you're at it.

But I must say I do love your TS talk.
    I'll buy you CS:GO when it'd next on sale, Brucey boy.
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Ron666 said:
    Just started playing NFS Underground 2 all over again. Criterion kinda killed the real NFS. Their iterations of hot pursuit and most wanted come nowhere near the level of Black Box. Yeah they are fun and entertaining but nowhere near as good as UN2 or the original most wanted.
    my favourite NFS's are the Shift ones  although the Run is quite good

:-O HAVE YOU PLAYED THE OLDER GAMES ?  [-X
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    My first NFS game was Hot Pursuit on the original PS.

I was about 5/6/7 and the cops scared the **** out of me.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Ron666 said:
    Just started playing NFS Underground 2 all over again. Criterion kinda killed the real NFS. Their iterations of hot pursuit and most wanted come nowhere near the level of Black Box. Yeah they are fun and entertaining but nowhere near as good as UN2 or the original most wanted.

what makes you think I haven't?

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    Here's a racing based board game set at Monaco.

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Ron666 said:

Nothin I was just sayin' that I think the older NFs games were waaay better than the newer ones. They've all been pretty rubbish. Shift was a half hearted attempt at a sim and the rest just aren't the same they used to be .Although I will admit I have never played therun so I can't comment on that.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    Been playing some Forza 5 this afternoon, really enjoying it - here's my current ride.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Ron666 said:

Nothin I was just sayin' that I think the older NFs games were waaay better than the newer ones. They've all been pretty rubbish. Shift was a half hearted attempt at a sim and the rest just aren't the same they used to be .Although I will admit I have never played therun so I can't comment on that.
    I agree that they're not the best when it comers to out and out racing but I think it may have to do with the fact that in them ain in those games you spend just as much time dodging the police as you do actually racing other competitors that's why I think I generally prefer Shift as it is more a touring car type game where you race in proper championships and such like the Toca and Grid games for me it's just my opinion but I think Shift has been there best attempt at this sort of game and it's just a shame they only did 2 before going back to doing their police dodging again I still enjoy Carbon and The run but I prefer track racing

Been playing some Forza 5 this afternoon, really enjoying it - here's my current ride.

God damn that looks sweet. These are the kind of graphics I want from an F1 game *hint hint* ;)

God damn that looks sweet. These are the kind of graphics I want from an F1 game *hint hint* ;)
    I think we all would :D

waiting for Dead space to downolad

Played it before bud?
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    The first one was scary! 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Played it before bud?
    I've seen vids of it on the internet but I haven't played it but it's available free from Origin now if you download it before may 8th so I thought I'd give it a go I know it's very Doom like sand I've played that as I've got that game looking forward to trying it out. If I get along weith it I'm thinking I might get 2 and 3 but I wanted to wait until I had a go with the first one

edited April 2014
    Lukedfrt said:
    The first one was scary! 
    Yeah I heard the first one was the scariest one

You are in for a treat! It's quite a lot more sketchy than Doom :p The Dead Space games are among the few games that have ever actually given me a scare! Atm I'm about halfway through the 3rd one but it's hard to play for too long with the tension lol.

The only games to have ever scared me: Slender: The Arrival, SCP: Containment Breach, and all 3 Dead Space games :)
    You are in for a treat! It's quite a lot more sketchy than Doom :p The Dead Space games are among the few games that have ever actually given me a scare! Atm I'm about halfway through the 3rd one but it's hard to play for too long with the tension lol.

The only games to have ever scared me: Slender: The Arrival, SCP: Containment Breach, and all 3 Dead Space games :)
    well at the moment I'm just having trouble mastering the controls as I'm finding them rather tricky given I'm used to using the arrow keys