Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Game Thread!

Comments

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward

Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Thinking about picking up two games today for my (new) PS4. Right now I'm deciding between the following, would like some thoughts;
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Trials Fusion ($20 digital version)
    • other (open to suggestions)
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    I'd get Battlefield 4 as it has better graphics than COD Ghosts and AC IV Black flag.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    SynGamer said:
    Thinking about picking up two games today for my (new) PS4. Right now I'm deciding between the following, would like some thoughts;
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    Out of that list, Battlefield 4 and Black Flag are must plays :)
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    SynGamer said:
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    BF4 - I loved the single player, I prefer playing BF4 multiplayer over Ghosts too - pleanty of maps and modes to keep you busy out of the box too.

NFS - It's not a bad game but personally I think its a bit odd and you hit a point where its like you are only playing it in 15 minute stints - I'm normally a big NFS fan but if you want cars on PS4 then this is your only choice.

AC4 - If you haven't played it then get this, brilliant game and will keep you entertained for ages - MP is really good fun too.

Trials - Not played it yet

Suggestion - inFAMOUS is pretty good fun, reminds me a lot of the first Crackdown but without the cool cars.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

edited April 2014
    SynGamer said:
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    BF4 - I loved the single player, I prefer playing BF4 multiplayer over Ghosts too - pleanty of maps and modes to keep you busy out of the box too.

NFS - It's not a bad game but personally I think its a bit odd and you hit a point where its like you are only playing it in 15 minute stints - I'm normally a big NFS fan but if you want cars on PS4 then this is your only choice.

AC4 - If you haven't played it then get this, brilliant game and will keep you entertained for ages - MP is really good fun too.

Suggestion - inFAMOUS is pretty good fun, reminds me a lot of the first Crackdown but without the cool cars.
    I'm definitely leaning towards BF4 right now. I could never get into the Assassin's Creed games, wanted too, but couldn't. BUT, AC4 looks really good. As for NFS Rivals, I've heard very mixed reviews, and while I want a racing game, I'm not going to spend $50 on one that is mediocre. I can wait for F1 2014, or GRID 3, or ToCA 4 ;)

Trials Fusion looks like it would be a fun time waster, and for $20, I may pick it up, we'll see. I would like to get inFAMOUS Second Son too, so I think I'm looking at BF4 and ISS. Thanks everyone!
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    SynGamer said:
    SynGamer said:
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals

I'm definitely leaning towards BF4 right now. I could never get into the Assassin's Creed games, wanted too, but couldn't. BUT, AC4 looks really good. As for NFS Rivals, I've heard very mixed reviews, and while I want a racing game, I'm not going to spend $50 on one that is mediocre. I can wait for F1 2014, or GRID 3, or ToCA 4 ;)

Trials Fusion looks like it would be a fun time waster, and for $20, I may pick it up, we'll see. I would like to get inFAMOUS Second Son too, so I think I'm looking at BF4 and ISS. Thanks everyone!
    Problem with Rivals is you need the game connected to the net everyone time if you want less boring experience.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

I wouldn't mind that, but I want something where races last longer than 15 minutes. Gran Turismo or Forza, for example.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Battlefield 4. I've got no one to play with currently.

Speaking of which, I've got an American disc copy of the game that I'm selling if you want it.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
    Battlefield 4. I've got no one to play with currently.

Speaking of which, I've got an American disc copy of the game that I'm selling if you want it.
    How much and where would it be shipping from?
    You know what? It would probably be more economically efficient to buy it in Canada. I was going to sell it for ~$35 plus postage. FedEx quoted postage at $160, UPS at $320. Cheapest I found was Aus Post Airmail at $15, but would take an absolute age to get there.

edited April 2014
    Yeah...I appreciate the offer, but yeah, might as well just buy it here. Might pick it up today if I can find an EB Games that is open (today is a holiday in Canada).

EDIT: if we aren't already, add me on PSN. Same name as on here.
    edited April 2014
    Well I'm open to you taking the $320 UPS offer.  :P

And public holidays. Fun fact, it's illegal to open in Victoria on Good Friday, Christmas and before midday on April 25th.

EDIT: I will add you first thing in the morning.

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    SynGamer said:
    • Battlefield 4
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    I have Black Flag on PS4 and it is incredible, well worth the money. I've played 18 hours so far and i'm at 49% completion.

Trials Fusion looks really good, i'm definitely going to pick it up soon. Hopefully it'll come out on PS Vita as well! 

And i'd recommend Second Sun, although i haven't got it yet. But from what i've seen it is awesome! 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Know what you mean about not getting into the AC games Dustin, but AC4 is so different to the previous ones, and that's a good thing!
    If they'd called it 'Pirate Simulator' it would have been a more accurate name lol, there's still the usual Assassin type missions and stuff but the character you play as is more or less a pirate rather than an assassin. Plus he reminds me a little of Chris Hemsworth playing James Hunt in Rush :p And the gameplay itself is just brilliant, far more engaging than any of the previous ones and it'll just fully suck you in :)
  • Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    Black Flag is AMAZING!! I really recommend the game. I also prefer Battlefield to the newer COD games, but instead of those 2, you should also try Infamous. Looks amazing! :D
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
    edited April 2014
    Need some opinions guys! What do I get out of these 3? I've played Ghosts and liked it, got a demo of DR3 I haven't tried yet but didn't much like 1 or 2. And Ryse I have no idea about...

Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Dead Rising 3
    Ryse: Son of Rome

Might as well add Titanfall to that list too.
    Post edited by RevolvingPrawn on
    Need some opinions guys! What do I get out of these 3? I've played Ghosts and liked it, got a demo of DR3 I haven't tried yet but didn't much like 1 or 2. And Ryse I have no idea about...

Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Dead Rising 3
    Ryse: Son of Rome

Might as well add Titanfall to that list too.
    I'd go with COD or Titanfall if you like shooters. I would probably lean more towards COD: Ghosts considering there are more people online for that I believe.

As for me, I'm picking up Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed IV on PS4 today. I *really* want a racing game, but I might change AC4 to NFS: Rivals at the last minute, we'll see.
    @SynGamer Shall we schedule a play date? 

• Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    He's average at best Syn. You'll have to carry him. ;)
    Twitter | Member since 2011