Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
Football.

#DareToZlatan

Comments

• Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    When is BT taking over the Champions League? Is it this year or next?
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    Next year I believe.
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    Soooo United didn't get trashed Athletico got an absolute screamer , Dortmund are trashed and PSG beat Chelsea pretty comfortably. The only interesting second leg will be Barcelona Athletico.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Platy said:
    Next year I believe.
    yeah I think it is too luckily I get BT sport for free as I get my internet from them

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    They didn't beat us comfortably if you actually watched the game. They had the better start but one chance after we scored in the first half, and Hazard hit the post with a scuffed volley. Second half was even for most of it and Lavezzi played really well. Torres was w*** as usual and Cech needs to be replaced by Courtois as he can't command the area well enough any more. Love him to bits, pulls off at least one properly world class save a year and still a good shot stopper but too many times we've conceded sloppy goals because he's been complacent and thought an effort wouldn't go in so left it. Nothing Luiz could have done about their second. Pastores was a good goal from an average player, Cech should have stopped it but he shouldn't have been allowed to get the shot in in the first place. Definitely didn't deserve to be beaten 3-1, 2-1 was fair enough. Second leg will be tough but manageable without Zlatan. Thought he and Cavani were awful on Wednesday too, managed about one decent effort between them in the whole 90 minutes.
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    BT are certainly taking the fight to Sky. Prem, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A, Europa League, Champions League, FA cup, only thing they haven't got is La Liga, although i'm sure some games will end up there sooner or later.

Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

Worst thing about the deal is we'll only see the big games on TV such as the final. No group games or knockout matches on itv. Perhaps only a matter of time before the same happens to the World Cup and Euro's.
    I stream pretty much all the football I watch, no worries for me.
    EdMa said:
    They didn't beat us comfortably if you actually watched the game. They had the better start but one chance after we scored in the first half, and Hazard hit the post with a scuffed volley. Second half was even for most of it and Lavezzi played really well. Torres was w*** as usual and Cech needs to be replaced by Courtois as he can't command the area well enough any more. Love him to bits, pulls off at least one properly world class save a year and still a good shot stopper but too many times we've conceded sloppy goals because he's been complacent and thought an effort wouldn't go in so left it. Nothing Luiz could have done about their second. Pastores was a good goal from an average player, Cech should have stopped it but he shouldn't have been allowed to get the shot in in the first place. Definitely didn't deserve to be beaten 3-1, 2-1 was fair enough. Second leg will be tough but manageable without Zlatan. Thought he and Cavani were awful on Wednesday too, managed about one decent effort between them in the whole 90 minutes.
    Second half was even ? It was anything but even. the only time Chelsea got into the swing of things was for about 20 mins after the first goal. Besides that it was PSG on the offensive pretty much the rest of the game. Besides that I agree with everything else you said. Lavezzi played well , Willian too.  I doubt Chelsea will come back but at least they have an away goal. Imbrahimovic and Cavani played rubbish. Hazard couldn't have done much better with the volley to be fair. And of coy]urse I watched the match , I wouldn't have commented on it otherwise.  :)>-
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Can't wait for the World Cup, though I reckon some of the matches will be at ungodly hours.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
    Can't wait for the World Cup, though I reckon some of the matches will be at ungodly hours.
    I think they will too

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    We're bloody doomed.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Don't worry so are we, could've should've won at Leicester, and at Wigen where we were winning but let 2 goals in a few mins. Yeovil have lost around 30 points from winning positions so just shows how well we've done considering we have a l2 budget in Championship. Paddy Madden who was L1 top scorer last season, went to Scunthorpe and gets paid more
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    We have the worst home record IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

I would have never thought Ipswich would be within reach of the play-offs at this stage of the season.
    Had a great start when Sherwood took over from AVB but it seeems we're falling apart again we need another striker and sort our damned defence out we'll struggle to make it into europe at this rate never mind challenging for a CL spot

I don't know who the bigger jokes are. Spurs or Arsenal.
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Because the match just had to be on at the exact same time as the race I didn't see what was going on in Liverpool v West Ham. Needed two penalties to win? Not good.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    Portsmouth <3  :x
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
    I can't wait either. One of my favourite events of all time. Getting excited now. :-h
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL