Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

Comments

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    I was playing the World Cup game demo so it got me exited :P

Its got a pretty high chance of being a mess. Think i saw there's 2 stadiums that won't be ready?
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Its got a pretty high chance of being a mess. Think i saw there's 2 stadiums that won't be ready?
    The demo's out ?  :-O See you in 2 days . :)
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    Can't wait for the World Cup, though I reckon some of the matches will be at ungodly hours.
    Europe , no , Australia , yes.  :-h L-)
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    edited April 2014
    Can't wait for the World Cup, though I reckon some of the matches will be at ungodly hours.
    Europe , no , Australia , yes.  :-h L-)

Well I'm used to it. We can't have everything, right? A perfect country needs to stay isolated from the forces of evil. 

EDIT: Quoting's broken.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn

Yeah, been out since Thursday i think? Yet another WC game thats better than the actual fifa...

The menus look so cluttered because of all the colours and shapes going on. I know it's the same basic template as the FIFA 14 ones but, I don't know, it looks like a two-year old's finger painting.

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Yeah, been out since Thursday i think? Yet another WC game thats better than the actual fifa...
    the annoying thing is it's not being released on PC AGAIN but I'm suer it'll be good for those that do buy it

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

The player movements are a lot more realistic on the Ps3. I'm really struggling to win a game :L

Only played 3 games so far but it's been brilliant. Drew 2 lost 1. Score a brilliant bicycle with Neymar too. Really enjoying it.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    The player movements are a lot more realistic on the Ps3. I'm really struggling to win a game :L
    I've preordered the full version for my PS3 would have preffered a PC version fortunately I do have a PS3 as backup don't have the means of getting the demo as my PS3 is not connected to the internet like my desktop is I watched a vid of it on youtube earlier and it looked good

I had to turn up the first touch control because it was just unbearable. Players aren't that **** in real life.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Last night was horrific :(

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

I've preordered the full version for my PS3 would have preffered a PC version fortunately I do have a PS3 as backup don't have the means of getting the demo as my PS3 is not connected to the internet like my desktop is I watched a vid of it on youtube earlier and it looked good
    You won't be disappointed. IMO the graphics are pretty good for being a PS3 game. Its good playing the WC games a few years after they came out, i stil play the 2010 world cup game from time to time :P

I had to turn up the first touch control because it was just unbearable. Players aren't that **** in real life.
    I didn't find the first touch that bad, if you hold L2 when receiving the ball its usually fine.

I was thinking the exact same thing actually. The gameplay is pretty different but it's actually quite a bit better than the actual Fifa.....again.
    The menus look so cluttered because of all the colours and shapes going on. I know it's the same basic template as the FIFA 14 ones but, I don't know, it looks like a two-year old's finger painting.
    Yeah the menus do look pretty messi (pardon the pun , I couldn't help myself) but the game play itself is brilliant imo.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Past couple of weeks there have been some really good goals like Rooney's and (as much as I hate to admit it) Engelaar's.

• yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    fIsince08 said:
    To be fair though it was more an opportunistic goal than a great one. Keeper was far too slow to get back into position.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
    edited April 2014
    You won't be disappointed. IMO the graphics are pretty good for being a PS3 game. Its good playing the WC games a few years after they came out, i stil play the 2010 world cup game from time to time :P

I didn't find the first touch that bad, if you hold L2 when receiving the ball its usually fine.

I know I still play the 2010 game as well and the 2006 one on PC from time to timeI'm just annoyed that PC is missing out again  because EA are a lazy bunch of idiots the PS3 and the PC use the same friggin engine yet they don't release the game on PC

[-X
    Post edited by sjsharp2010 on

edited April 2014
    I played the 2006 game for hours on end. Best World Cup game.

EDIT: This has reignited my interest. 
    Shipping will be an absolute nightmare though.

• EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Hate how they use almost the same animations for the crowd in the World Cup/Euro's games. The ones with the three or four characters celebrating like retards, and then the rest of the crowd blurred out. 

I mean I know current gen is almost a decade old but still. Those animations looked good on a PSP seven or eight years ago. 

Also hate the orange tint in the demo-reminds me of a Codemasters game.