Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

12467112

Comments

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited April 2014
    fIsince08 said:
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.
    what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    Real Madrid holds a special draw for nearly every player on this planet. The weather is better than the UK, they are a team steeped in history and success and, generally speaking, they always have a few of the best players in the world in their team.

    I'm sorry, SJsharp, but if you really think Bale would of said no to Real Madrid just because Redknapp was there you are deluding yourself. Bale had personal reasons for leaving (Higher wage, just had a child, CL football and currently the best player in the world to learn from in Ronaldo) and Spurs had reasons for selling (Are you really going to reject 80+ Million?). 

    I understand you are a massive Spurs fan, but no manager could of kept Bale at Spurs. They simply weren't Real Madrid.

    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    fIsince08 said:
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.
    what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off
    Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Want this semi to go to penalties.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2014
    Your wish is my command.

    If Wigan win, will Wenger walk? World record for most Ws in a sentence?
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I don't think Wenger has long left at Arsenal anyway to be honest. Dunno who else is available like?

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited April 2014
    fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.
    what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off
    Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.
    tbf though and don't take any offence but I don't think Sunderland were going anywhere thoughj there was a chance we may have done given the way we were playing at that time

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    Fulham have surprised me, assumed they were dead and buried 2 weeks ago, hopefully Villa get dragged back in now :D
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    WES BLOODY BROWN

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Will Liverpool win the Premier League?

    Go.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

    #CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Maybe.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    if they can win at least 1 moer then I'd say yes but they need a minimum of at least 1 more win but I think it's in their hands given there's only 4 games left

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Phewwwwwww. That was some match. Liverpool had so many chances to put the game out of sight in the first half. Hope the clinical finishing from earlier in the season comes back.

    I think they will win the league. Today they proved they can win under just about any circumstances.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Herby007 said:
    Real Madrid holds a special draw for nearly every player on this planet. The weather is better than the UK, they are a team steeped in history and success and, generally speaking, they always have a few of the best players in the world in their team.

    I'm sorry, SJsharp, but if you really think Bale would of said no to Real Madrid just because Redknapp was there you are deluding yourself. Bale had personal reasons for leaving (Higher wage, just had a child, CL football and currently the best player in the world to learn from in Ronaldo) and Spurs had reasons for selling (Are you really going to reject 80+ Million?). 

    I understand you are a massive Spurs fan, but no manager could of kept Bale at Spurs. They simply weren't Real Madrid.

    well we'll never know will we? but I know that if it had been me I would have said no

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    yugin96 said:
    Phewwwwwww. That was some match. Liverpool had so many chances to put the game out of sight in the first half. Hope the clinical finishing from earlier in the season comes back.

    I think they will win the league. Today they proved they can win under just about any circumstances.
    Clattenburg certainly helped them out today.
  • Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    So imagine your 24, proclaimed in the media as having the potential to be the best player in the world and have a child on the way. You would say no to moving to the biggest club in the world for obscene amount of money a week and work with the best players in the world?
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Herby007 said:
    So imagine your 24, proclaimed in the media as having the potential to be the best player in the world and have a child on the way. You would say no to moving to the biggest club in the world for obscene amount of money a week and work with the best players in the world?
    If I saw potential in the club I was already at and felt we could achieve something then yes I would say no

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2014
    Right, one last question:

    You play for Swansea circa last year. Your teams going places with a young progressive manager and you just won the League cup. Europe next year and you love your manager. Spurs make a bid for you.

    Would you go?
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"
Sign In or Register to comment.