Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

12357114

Comments

  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Platy said:
    yugin96 said:
    Phewwwwwww. That was some match. Liverpool had so many chances to put the game out of sight in the first half. Hope the clinical finishing from earlier in the season comes back.

    I think they will win the league. Today they proved they can win under just about any circumstances.
    Clattenburg certainly helped them out today.
    Guess so, but the decisions have evened out over the course of the season.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Herby007 said:
    So imagine your 24, proclaimed in the media as having the potential to be the best player in the world and have a child on the way. You would say no to moving to the biggest club in the world for obscene amount of money a week and work with the best players in the world?
    If I saw potential in the club I was already at and felt we could achieve something then yes I would say no
    And what do you think Spurs could have achieved?
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Herby007 said:
    Right, one last question:

    You play for Swansea circa last year. Your teams going places with a young progressive manager and you just won the League cup. Europe next year and you love your manager. Spurs make a bid for you.

    Would you go?li

    like I said if the club I was playing for I felt was making progress and looked likely to achieve something then I would stay because for me the chance to win would always outweigh the money I was being paid especially if I was playing an integral part to their success then I'd be delighted with that and would feel no reason to go. If the club was going backwards and all the hard work was kind of being undone as it was under AVB in my opinion then like Bale I would have left but only under those conditions bot necessarily because of the money for me money would simply be a bonus because footballers get paid a heck of a lot anyway


    Unfortunately under AVB Spurs have ended up going backwards not forwards and I always thought we were even before Bale left as Bale was the only person in the team at that time who was actually doing anything. He was left to get on with it by himself most of the time IMO. In the year before Bale left the only thing we were missing was a good solid amount of goals we were winning games but to break into the top4 we needed to score more than we did and that to me was the problem as AVB was playing attacking midfielders up front instead of proper strikers

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Bale was guarenteed to win bigger and better things at Madrid rather than Spurs. Even if they qualified, how realistic is it that Spurs would win the CL, or even a League title?
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.
    what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off
    Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.
    tbf though and don't take any offence but I don't think Sunderland were going anywhere thoughj there was a chance we may have done given the way we were playing at that time
    You're kidding, right? Spurs could have mounted a serious challenge for the top four but they were never really going to be fighting for the league or Champions League for a few years yet.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    edited April 2014
    (Deleted random duplicate post)
    Post edited by yugin96 on
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    yugin96 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    Platy said:
    It's Real Madrid...
    just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
    Jordan Henderson.

    End of argument.
    what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off
    Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.
    tbf though and don't take any offence but I don't think Sunderland were going anywhere thoughj there was a chance we may have done given the way we were playing at that time
    You're kidding, right? Spurs could have mounted a serious challenge for the top four but they were never really going to be fighting for the league or Champions League for a few years yet.
    I never said winning the CL was a possibility yet but I do think winning the PL was given the way things have played out this year I think it's an outside chance admittedly but still a chance  sand if it were me I'd have taken the gamble

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    EdMa said:
    Bale was guarenteed to win bigger and better things at Madrid rather than Spurs. Even if they qualified, how realistic is it that Spurs would win the CL, or even a League title?
    given how well we did in the 1 occasion we have made it into the CL who knows? let's not forget that we did get quite far in the competition that year and only lost out in the quarter finals to RM and to me given where we were when Redknapp came to us I'd call that serious progress

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    Spurs never had a chance of winning the league with the way they defend. This was including during Redknapp's time in charge. No LB and Michael Dawson as a starting CB?
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Platy said:
    Spurs never had a chance of winning the league with the way they defend. This was including during Redknapp's time in charge. No LB and Michael Dawson as a starting CB?W
    we defended better under Redknapp than we're defending now though and we were scoring more goals too

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Platy said:
    Spurs never had a chance of winning the league with the way they defend. This was including during Redknapp's time in charge. No LB and Michael Dawson as a starting CB?W
    we defended better under Redknapp than we're defending now though and we were scoring more goals too
    Doesn't take much...

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    Platy said:
    Spurs never had a chance of winning the league with the way they defend. This was including during Redknapp's time in charge. No LB and Michael Dawson as a starting CB?W
    we defended better under Redknapp than we're defending now though and we were scoring more goals too
    You really didn't.
  • EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    It wasn't just the Bale transfer that hurt Spuds though. Letting Van Der Vaart and Nordic leave was stupid too. I know you had a deal between yourselfs and Real, but they've only got players from you so far. Who turns down £50 million plus Ozil, in favour of £85 mill for Bale? Which is then spent on mostly crap players (Eriksen and Paulinho) the exceptions. Levy can only blame one man for this season, and that's himself. Even selling Defoe was a mistake.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited April 2014
    Platy said:
    Platy said:
    Spurs never had a chance of winning the league with the way they defend. This was including during Redknapp's time in charge. No LB and Michael Dawson as a starting CB?W
    we defended better under Redknapp than we're defending now though and we were scoring more goals too
    You really didn't.

    we did at least in my opinion we did besides I 've seen worse defending from Man U at times  when Sir Alex was in charge and he still managed to pull it off and win trophy after trophy I['m not saying we were going to achieve that but I definitely think we were getting closer to it than we have been for a long time.




    EdMa said:
    It wasn't just the Bale transfer that hurt Spuds though. Letting Van Der Vaart and Nordic leave was stupid too. I know you had a deal between yourselfs and Real, but they've only got players from you so far. Who turns down £50 million plus Ozil, in favour of £85 mill for Bale? Which is then spent on mostly crap players (Eriksen and Paulinho) the exceptions. Levy can only blame one man for this season, and that's himself. Even selling Defoe was a mistake.
    It may surprise you but I agree but then Modric wanted out so that was probably out of his hands but the rest of it was almost certainly his fault because had I been chairman I'd have extended Redknapp's contract and we'd have been in a much better position now. and I wouldn't have sold Defoe either if I would have got rid of anyone during the January window it would have been Kane because in my opinion he's not really PL material at least not to me

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    edited April 2014

    sjsharp2010 said:
    EdMa said:
    It wasn't just the Bale transfer that hurt Spuds though. Letting Van Der Vaart and Nordic leave was stupid too. I know you had a deal between yourselfs and Real, but they've only got players from you so far. Who turns down £50 million plus Ozil, in favour of £85 mill for Bale? Which is then spent on mostly crap players (Eriksen and Paulinho) the exceptions. Levy can only blame one man for this season, and that's himself. Even selling Defoe was a mistake.
    It may surprise you but I agree but then Modric wanted out so that was probably out of his hands but the rest of it was almost certainly his fault because had I been chairman I'd have extended Redknapp's contract and we'd have been in a much better position now. and I wouldn't have sold Defoe either if I would have got rid of anyone during the January window it would have been Kane because in my opinion he's not really PL material at least not to me
    Maybe cause he's only 20. You can't judge if somebody is premier league material at 20, fair enough he's maybe not as good as Januzaj, but he's got time to develop.

    Give young players time in the 1st team, and the majority of them will improve...
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

    sjsharp2010 said:
    EdMa said:
    It wasn't just the Bale transfer that hurt Spuds though. Letting Van Der Vaart and Nordic leave was stupid too. I know you had a deal between yourselfs and Real, but they've only got players from you so far. Who turns down £50 million plus Ozil, in favour of £85 mill for Bale? Which is then spent on mostly crap players (Eriksen and Paulinho) the exceptions. Levy can only blame one man for this season, and that's himself. Even selling Defoe was a mistake.
    It may surprise you but I agree but then Modric wanted out so that was probably out of his hands but the rest of it was almost certainly his fault because had I been chairman I'd have extended Redknapp's contract and we'd have been in a much better position now. and I wouldn't have sold Defoe either if I would have got rid of anyone during the January window it would have been Kane because in my opinion he's not really PL material at least not to me
    Maybe cause he's only 20. You can't judge if somebody is premier league material at 20, fair enough he's maybe not as good as Januzaj, but he's got time to develop.

    Give young players time in the 1st team, and the majority of them will improve...

    he's been playing for us for a while actually tbh and I haven't seen any signs of improvement granted he scored last week but he's not really justified his position within the team for me I think we either need to sell him or send him out on loan to get more experience and see if he develops but for the moment I can't justify his spot within the team he's only there as we have nobody else to pick from aside from Soldado and tbh I'd be picking him over Kane if I were in charge

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    You'd rather keep Loldado than someone who's scored as many goals ance January than you're at the time record £25 million signing has all season. Have you not seen what a f*** up that's been at Chelsea wrt Sturridge. To think last January we swapped Sturridge for Ba for the sake of a 5 million quid profit. God I hate Benitez.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    EdMa said:
    You'd rather keep Loldado than someone who's scored as many goals ance January than you're at the time record £25 million signing has all season. Have you not seen what a f*** up that's been at Chelsea wrt Sturridge. To think last January we swapped Sturridge for Ba for the sake of a 5 million quid profit. God I hate Benitez.

    I said I'd rather have Soldado in the side rather than Kane as at least he has proven himself he's just I think found it hard to adjust to the PL Kane has had plenty of opportunities but hasn't taken them not just in this season but in previous years too.


    Anyway Sturridge is a better player than Ba so that was a mistake by Chelsea. i can't make the same claim for Kane against Soldado I'm afraid

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    EdMa said:
    You'd rather keep Loldado than someone who's scored as many goals ance January than you're at the time record £25 million signing has all season. Have you not seen what a f*** up that's been at Chelsea wrt Sturridge. To think last January we swapped Sturridge for Ba for the sake of a 5 million quid profit. God I hate Benitez.
    Hey, he finally won Liverpool the Premier League.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

    #CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    EdMa said:
    You'd rather keep Loldado than someone who's scored as many goals ance January than you're at the time record £25 million signing has all season. Have you not seen what a f*** up that's been at Chelsea wrt Sturridge. To think last January we swapped Sturridge for Ba for the sake of a 5 million quid profit. God I hate Benitez.
    Hey, he finally won Liverpool the Premier League.
    indeed it looks that way doesn't it :p

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Sign In or Register to comment.