Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

Comments

• Ron666Ron666 Member Wheel Nut
    Everyone's talking about who's gonna win the premier league and I am here waiting to see if Manchester United can even make it to Europe next season.
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Ron666 said:
    Everyone's talking about who's gonna win the premier league and I am here waiting to see if Manchester United can even make it to Europe next season.
    NEVAHHHH.

Ok, they might, but why the hell do you want them in the Europa League anyway? It's next to worthless.

Meanwhile, we all know that famous gif of the sniper at the 2013 British Grand Prix. Now he's back...

I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    yugin96 said:
    Ron666 said:
    NEVAHHHH.

Ok, they might, but why the hell do you want them in the Europa League anyway? It's next to worthless.

Meanwhile, we all know that famous gif of the sniper at the 2013 British Grand Prix. Now he's back...

almost as good as me with a sniper rifle not quite as good as me and Garrus though :p

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/moyes-50-failings-in-50-games/

I really can't believe how stupid (thats being kind) some Man United fans are, the whole Moyes things beginning to pi$$ me off.

Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Silly to think that the club may possibly actually trust him with £200 million in the Summer. Bought Fellaini which was a terrible buy, especially at £4 million more than his release clause. Mata's a class player but has so far been played out of his position. Mourinho may have helped drive him out of the club but at least he never played him anywhere other than AM. Can't see him going to the world cup now either. United may get Kroos, won't get Reid unless they get Klopp, even then they won't have CL and it'll apparently cost them £40 million for each. Moyes won't get anywhere near £200 million now I think of it anyway, unless the club wants to get bum rushed by FFP.
  • Ron666Ron666 Member Wheel Nut
    In short, it will take a good while to get the club back on it's heels again. For now and even the next season, I can't see United getting anywhere higher than 5th let alone challenge for the league title. Personally, yeah I am utterly disappointed with how things have gone down this season but then again, we all knew it was coming isn't it ? Honestly, I expected somewhat better from Moyes but give the guy a break, it's only been his first season. What did SAF do in his first season huh ? As far as the hypocritical bunch of fans goes, I simply ignore them. I hope for them to quit the club and save ourselves a good bunch of glory hunters.
    EdMa said:
    Silly to think that the club may possibly actually trust him with £200 million in the Summer. Bought Fellaini which was a terrible buy, especially at £4 million more than his release clause. Mata's a class player but has so far been played out of his position. Mourinho may have helped drive him out of the club but at least he never played him anywhere other than AM. Can't see him going to the world cup now either. United may get Kroos, won't get Reid unless they get Klopp, even then they won't have CL and it'll apparently cost them £40 million for each. Moyes won't get anywhere near £200 million now I think of it anyway, unless the club wants to get bum rushed by FFP.
    Fellaini's been awful so far he'd be one of the many i'd get rid of. Hopefully the teams built around Mata cause he's a good wee player.

Really don't like the idea of all this money being spent, i think there are cheaper options out there that will give the same result as the expensive players, but hey ho

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Is Poyet trying to get sacked? Really not sure what he's aiming for in those press conferences...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

fIsince08 said:
    Is Poyet trying to get sacked? Really not sure what he's aiming for in those press conferences...
    You can't really blame him :P

fIsince08 said:
    If he doesn't want the job anymore he can walk. I don't want him to leave, but if he is going to then he should leave on his own accord rather than getting a payout by effectively sacking himself. I can see what Brighton fans have been through now.

#RIPJules

fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    If he doesn't want the job anymore he can walk. I don't want him to leave, but if he is going to then he should leave on his own accord rather than getting a payout by effectively sacking himself. I can see what Brighton fans have been through now.
    What did he say? Was it about the whole thing with there being problems that are preventing him from doing his job?

fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    What did he say? Was it about the whole thing with there being problems that are preventing him from doing his job?
    That and the the fact that when he was asked if he could commit his future to the club he said "We'll see between now and the end of the season".

Personally I think he wants rid of the sporting director, and maybe when he said there are problems at the core he was having a dig at the board. The only thing Ellis Short is good for is his money, which he never spends. Sound like another club near by?

#RIPJules

fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    That and the the fact that when he was asked if he could commit his future to the club he said "We'll see between now and the end of the season".

Personally I think he wants rid of the sporting director, and maybe when he said there are problems at the core he was having a dig at the board. The only thing Ellis Short is good for is his money, which he never spends. Sound like another club near by?
    I don't like the idea of sporting directors or whatever you want to call them. It should be up to the manager who he wants to sign, bit like what happened at Spurs with AVB. Think it was his final or 2nd last press conference he pretty much came out and said that he didn't want to sign the players they did. Think thats what happened anyway.

Fan ownership is the way forwards, best thing that ever happened to us.

Strange how Arsenal play with such swagger when they're confident, and like a pub team who met 5 minutes before KO when they lose a game or two.
    X_X

#RIPJules

edited April 2014
    COME ON SUNDERLAND HOLD ON!!!  :-SS
    And as soon as I post that...

#RIPJules

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    WHAT A GOAL FROM BALE !!!!!    ^:)^
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    fIsince08 said:

I don't like the idea of sporting directors or whatever you want to call them. It should be up to the manager who he wants to sign, bit like what happened at Spurs with AVB. Think it was his final or 2nd last press conference he pretty much came out and said that he didn't want to sign the players they did. Think thats what happened anyway.

Fan ownership is the way forwards, best thing that ever happened to us.
    yeah probsably is Barcelonsa is owned by it's fans as well I believe

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Can only see Chelsea or Liverpool winning the title now. Even if City win their game in hand they're a point behind us and three behind Liverpool. 

Liverpool-Chelsea at Anfield will be a huge game. 

Also hate Pellegirni. Seems to be as much of a wum in the media (esp towards Mourinho) than the man himself, and yet never get's a bollocking from the fans/media like Mourinho does. Must be at least the third time this season he's tried to stir stuff up in the media yet he seems to get away from the negativity. 
    And that Bale goal was ridiculous. Only a few generations of Welsh inter-species breeding could make a man run so fast. Playing better than Messi this season imo.