Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official Football Thread

Comments

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    EdMa said:
    And that Bale goal was ridiculous. Only a few generations of Welsh inter-species breeding could make a man run so fast. Playing better than Messi this season imo. 
    Messi's been off it for a while, just doesn't look himself or as if he's enjoying it. Wonder if the time's come to move on...

Bale's not got all the flicks and tricks like Ronaldo, but he's got great physique to make up for it, that last goal showed it.
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• EdMaEdMa Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Don't think he's valued in the same bracket as Ronaldo/Messi possibly even Suarez because he's British. Even though he's left, from January last year he was scoring ridiculous goals from far out and lung-busting runs every match or so. Real's attack is ridiculous-and will be even more so if they get Suarez. 
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Huge favour that Sunderland did us there- now how about an even bigger one against Chelsea... if they can achieve another draw then we can lose to Chelsea and still win the title.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    EdMa said:
    Don't think he's valued in the same bracket as Ronaldo/Messi possibly even Suarez because he's British. Even though he's left, from January last year he was scoring ridiculous goals from far out and lung-busting runs every match or so. Real's attack is ridiculous-and will be even more so if they get Suarez. 
    i can't see Suarez going to Madrid to be honest. It wasn't that long ago he signed another contract for Liverpool and there on the verge of winningthe league. I don't think Liverpool can afford to lose him either. I can't see them selling.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    yugin96 said:
    Huge favour that Sunderland did us there- now how about an even bigger one against Chelsea... if they can achieve another draw then we can lose to Chelsea and still win the title.
    We'll try, so long as O'Shea and Mannone don't mess up again.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Such a good goal, apparently he was near enough running at the same speed as Usain Bolt which is pretty impressive!

#TankedUp

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Such a good goal, apparently he was near enough running at the same speed as Usain Bolt which is pretty impressive!

#TankedUp
    That's why we loved him at Spurs his ability to pull off things like this

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator

This is on the wall of a dentists in Sunderland. I think I'd take that down...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• Herby007Herby007 Member Pit Crew
    Waiting for F1since08 to have a seizure and for EdmA to explode...
    Steam ID | PSN: HeRbY-007 | "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Herby007 said:
    Waiting for F1since08 to have a seizure and for EdmA to explode...
    I think they already have going by the silence...

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Chelsea lol.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    This battle for 4th is going to be good. Arsenal are focusing on the FA cup I'm sure, they could easily slip up against a relegation candidate who is fully focused. United have what you'd think would be an easy run in and will be desperate to prove themselves as individuals in order to keep their places, so I am expecting some big performances from some players. If they beat Everton, they will be right in there with a chance. Everton have a more tricky run in, playing both Manchester teams. Should be an interesting few games. Thinking it will be:
    4. Arsenal
    5. United
    6. Everton
    7.Spurs
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

Hmm, i still fancy Everton to finish 4th. Can't see United beating them today sadly :(

It will be an interesting game, Everton come off of the back of a defeat which might affect their morale. I think United might just edge it. I think Arsenal will finish 4th, but if they don't and really mess it up, it all hinges on City Vs Everton IMO.

Ah look Liverpool score yet another counter attacking goal. Strange that when we score them we're criticised, but when Liverpool do (seriously most of their goals this season have come from counter attacks, corners or bloody penalties they haven't deserved). I wouldn't have minded Liverpool winning the League a few weeks ago, but I actively hate them right now simply because of their fans. At least the ones on social media, esp Twitter, are utter arseholes who treat themselves as if they have a divine right to win because the last time they weren't s***e was 30 years ago. Fans on other forums are even worse, and the most depressing part of it all is the ridiculous Liverpool bias in the mainstream football media. Lawrensen, Hansen. Owen, Fowler. Thompson, Redknapp, McManaman, Carragger. Souness and there's probably more that I've missed. And it doesnt help that casuals actually believe the crap that spews from Alan Shearers mouth on MOTD. I'd love to know in what universe the Altidore/Azpilicueta penalty incident was a stonewall penalty as he was so quick to say yesterday. Other quality comments of his include "I do love a striker who can score goals". And the country pays his wages? Convenient too that they didn't show the Eto'o penalty claim on MOTDva few minutes after the penalty, let alone discuss it after that set our assistant manager off. The anti-Chelsea agenda in the media and particularly on a Saturday night at 10.30 on BBC1 is disgusting. And as for Mike Dean. Well. Not only is he from the Wirral, about ten minutes from Liverpool, but he had to be stopped from refereeing the 2006 FA Cup Final because of doubts over his ability to not be bias towards Liverpool. So which genius decided to put him in charge of their title rivals most important league match to date? Not only that, but he had an utterly awful performance. Gave apenalty where the attacker stood on the defenders leg (almost immediately may I point out from an angle where he couldn't have seen the contact), but Larsson barged Ramirez out of the way on the goalline and wasn't even looking at the ball, then to cap it all off he got in the way of the ball as we attacked in the very last minute. Wish Riu Faria would've been allowed to lamp the bald idiot. But even worse than all that was Ramires' elbow. Both from our perspective, and Mike Deans. Having not at least given Johnson a yellow for a ridiculous high foot, he does nothing after Ramires' decides to try and throw our title challenge away single handedly. Stupid, petulant swipe out that he does far too often for my liking. Also has the worst tackle on him (giggidy) and is only there cos he runs a lot. He can't tackle, and my god he can't pass to save his life. And best of all,one of the top rated refs in the country missed all this despite being two feet away Oh and one more thing about Liverpool, it's absolutely criminal how Skrtel gets away with so many shirt pulls, plus Sakho bringing down Dzeko last week, and then Skrtel PUNCHING the ball away last week (conviently turned a blind eye to). Was thinking last night how the whole refereeing situation could be improved. Thought perhaps about two refs on a pitch, one takes one side of the pitch, and the other refs as normal. Games (and titles) wouldnt have to be decided by dodgy and biased refereeing, there would be at least one view of an incident at a time and no more officials guessing a decision from a blind angle as was the case yesterday and so so so many times this season up and down the country. All that said, we weren't great yesterday, but didn't deserve to lose. Not enough urgency in our play and can't get past teams who park the bus. Once again though, when we park the bus against the greatest team ever in the CL semis in 2012, the club is lambasted for it, but when Big Sam and WHU do it on a Tuesday night league game v us, he's praised no end. Too many double standards. Oh and Norwich are awful. I mean just awful. How is it possible for another team to be anally destroyed as much as they are by Suarez every time they play Liverpool.
  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    It'll stay as it is. Only change I can see happening will be Everton 4th, Arsenal 5th.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    edited April 2014
    Whoa, paragraphs dude.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
    Just seen Suarez break his leg and recover in a second. Classy guy.
    I think that is most likely Platy, but never say never. Relegation threatened teams are dangerous at the end of the season, as Chelsea found out yesterday and as Liverpool are finding out (Norwich only losing 3-2). Of course, United cannot lose another game or drop a single point to get there, which is unlikely so I reckon United will be 6th/5th. 

Whoa, paragraphs dude.
    I did paragraph. Crappy phone decided to delete them.