Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Loot boxes in F1 2018

KillerDrillerzKillerDrillerz Member New Car Smell
If Codemasters introduce loot boxes in F1 2018, for example locking the R&D behind a loot box pay wall, what would your veiw as consumers be?

Loot boxes in F1 2018 60 votes

I would accept paying for progression
1%
DanHawk1ns 1 vote
I would boycott the game
91%
tarrantinoscottishwildcatjaykaybeHo3n3rlikewisemartblokeWynterdustOperator1Falcon4LGS469Reub09mantazzo1512marcelMrGhostO1OImDyingYouIdiotjayp666Julo264speeddemon8021EdwardoAndrettiFiremanPvW 55 votes
I would buy the game and accept no progression
6%
VirtuaIceManSamReaNAkkan74David143 4 votes

Comments

• ale85bgale85bg Member Unleaded
    edited January 3
    I would boycott the game
    F2P > I'll accept microtransactions (even if I'd hardly use them anyway).
    Paid game > No way. We already paid for the game, why should we pay again? I can understand paid DLCs with cars from the past and tracks from different eras, that's fine... But paying in order to unlock what should be the natural progression of a career, no way.

I abandoned FUT 'cause it had become a pay to win mess, I'd gladly also give up on F1 if it became like that.

I wouldn't call it boycotting though. It's just a thing I disagree with, therefore I'll not be interested. That's all.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    I would buy the game and accept no progression
    The only way loot boxes should be included is that you have to give them to the team in order to get a drive (as per pay drivers in real life lol)
    (p.s. joking)
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    I would boycott the game
    Absolutley no way. Why do they deserve anymore money? Exactly, they don't lol. I'd consider a paid DLC for like more classic cars or tracks or something. BUT NEVER MICRO-TRANSACTIONS. I've never ever done micro-transactions and never will. I think they're absolutely disgusting, you buy the game and should unlock the WHOLE game with that original £40+ transaction. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    I would boycott the game
    Is this guy feeling alright? Like seriously are you for real
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• Senna755Senna755 Member Wheel Nut
    I would boycott the game
    FRACTURED said:
    Option 4: I would burn Codemasters to the ground.
    You do realise that if Codemasters did now actually burn to the ground, you've just put yourself in the frame?

I do wish people would stop with the **** talk on forums.  Take some responsibility for what you say and do online.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    They'll have good insurance, they can replace all the stuff... 
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Wheel Nut
    I would boycott the game
    FRACTURED said:
    Are you, like, 12 years old?
  • SgtKubicaSgtKubica Member Wheel Nut
    I would boycott the game
    EA                                                      
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 4
    I would boycott the game

Anybody who knowingly & willingly buys into that clearly has more dollars than sense and deserves to have their money continually/repeatedly siphoned. At that point, it's not companies' fault if people are so eager to throw so much easy money at them. I'd take the cash too... As a matter of fact, while your wallets are open, here's a link to my GoFundMe - all donations are appreciated. o:)

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to money more than requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. Consumers don't buy games to waste their recreational time doing a tester's work. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed. #VoteWithYourWallet

Senna755 said:
    FRACTURED said:
    Are you, like, 12 years old?

More like 3. 3 times that. 
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    I would boycott the game
    Am indirectly boycotting "Codemasters" anyways so i wouldn't care less if they decided to implement lootboxes or any other form of questionable anti-consumer practices, it would only mean that certain death for the F1 franchise would become reality much sooner than i personally hoped for, yes, i'm evil..... ;)

PS: FYI, have bought their F1 games second hand for 30 or less bucks since 2013 and got a gift code with 50 bucks in 2016 where i bought F1 2016 on sale online for PSN,  around 25 bucks it was i believe i still know it as that money wasn't mine and the game wasn't as bad as F1 2015 or F1 2017 in terms of bugs and glitches destroying any sense of playability imho.

Seriously though, #VoteWithYourWallet
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    I would boycott the game
    I wouldn't worry even if they did being as it's codies the fookers probs wouldn't open!!
    I would boycott the game
    Senna755 said:
    FRACTURED said:
    You do realise that if Codemasters did now actually burn to the ground, you've just put yourself in the frame?

I do wish people would stop with the **** talk on forums.  Take some responsibility for what you say and do online.
    I think someone has forgotten to take their sense of humour deficiency pills.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    I would boycott the game
    Senna755 said:
    FRACTURED said:

No, because the arsonist probably wouldn't announce that he's going to burn Codemasters to the ground. Or is it a double bluff? Don't take it too seriously.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    I would boycott the game
     As for the OP, why on earth would I want to pay extra for a feature that should come with the game. There is no way in hell I'd buy that.
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    This would be good if you could buy your way to victory, much like real life F1.

So for example, my idea would be to add 1bhp to the car speed in multiplayer for £10, or increase the braking efficiency by 1% for £10. Once say 10% improvement is achieved then you should be able to force random failures on the competition. So for example you can make a competitors gearbox fail for £5. They get the option on screen to fire back - £10 to make your gearbox fail instead - £15 to trump them and reverse. This could go on until your credit card limit is reached/you face financial ruin. All proceeds should go to employee bonus. Apart from 5% which should go to me for having such a great idea.
    dirt3joe said:
    This would be good if you could buy your way to victory, much like real life F1.

So for example, my idea would be to add 1bhp to the car speed in multiplayer for £10, or increase the braking efficiency by 1% for £10. Once say 10% improvement is achieved then you should be able to force random failures on the competition. So for example you can make a competitors gearbox fail for £5. They get the option on screen to fire back - £10 to make your gearbox fail instead - £15 to trump them and reverse. This could go on until your credit card limit is reached/you face financial ruin. All proceeds should go to employee bonus. Apart from 5% which should go to me for having such a great idea.
    Reads like Mario Kart, with money. Chuckled.
    I would boycott the game
    FRACTURED said:
    dirt3joe said:

If there is time trial on the original snes rainbow road I'm in.
    FRACTURED said:
    dirt3joe said:

If there is time trial on the original snes rainbow road I'm in.

I'm still out. Mario wears different colored gloves. Game breaking for me.