Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch 1.12 - Discussion Thread

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

As per our thread here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/130819/patch-1-12-xbox-only/p1?new=1, a patch is coming out to address the crashes reported on Xbox One at approximately 1pm GMT today (04/01/2018).

Something not working as it should with this patch? Let us know here.

Comments

• slayingdaveslayingdave Member New Car Smell
    Never had any issues with crashing before update, since the update the graphics are really jumpy in the garage and on track and it feels as if the picture quality has got worse, any way I can remove the update 
  • mlbc1mlbc1 Member New Car Smell
    My thrustmaster tx no longer has any ffb whilst playing F1 2017. 3 of my friends who also have the same wheel are having similar issues. This has happened over the Christmas period. We are all running on Xbox one. And we have all tried re installing the game checked firmware updates and everything else you might think we haven’t done believe me we’ve tried it all to no avail. Please help as his seasons league starts on Sunday and half of us can’t race!  Many thanks
  • BBIAJBBIAJ Member New Car Smell
    Over 4 months after release, numerous patches later, and the DLC car which you are charging consumers £2.79 for on Xbox One STILL does not work!  Will this EVER be fixed, or have you taken our money and run?
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Never had any issues with crashing before update, since the update the graphics are really jumpy in the garage and on track and it feels as if the picture quality has got worse, any way I can remove the update 
    Hi @slayingdave, sorry you're experiencing this - is this on Xbox One and has it improved with 1.12?
    mlbc1 said:
    My thrustmaster tx no longer has any ffb whilst playing F1 2017. 3 of my friends who also have the same wheel are having similar issues. This has happened over the Christmas period. We are all running on Xbox one. And we have all tried re installing the game checked firmware updates and everything else you might think we haven’t done believe me we’ve tried it all to no avail. Please help as his seasons league starts on Sunday and half of us can’t race!  Many thanks
    Thanks for this - is this still the case with 1.12?
    BBIAJ said:
    Over 4 months after release, numerous patches later, and the DLC car which you are charging consumers £2.79 for on Xbox One STILL does not work!  Will this EVER be fixed, or have you taken our money and run?

Hey, sorry your DLC car isn't working. If you give [email protected] an email they'll send you a new code!
  • slayingdaveslayingdave Member New Car Smell
    edited January 4
    Hi @slayingdave, sorry you're experiencing this - is this on Xbox One and has it improved with 1.12

this has been since the update, I’ve not had any issues before this.
    Im using a Xbox one S 
  • bastek2504bastek2504 Member Unleaded
    What have you done to the framerate?
    Since the patch it feels like I have 20 fps all the time. I am playing on the normal xbox one and this is just undrivable. Pls do something for the framerate for this game.
  • TheAngryGamerTheAngryGamer Member New Car Smell
    I personally have suffered no problems; my only request is that if there is a 1.13 patch I’d quite like to see our own custom names on the sides of the cars, like on the Force India or toro rosso; and custom flags like on the sides of the Mercedes or the McLaren, so please codemasters if possible please make it happen
  • xeroxed88xeroxed88 Member New Car Smell
    Since the patch it feels like I have 20 fps all the time. I am playing on the normal xbox one and this is just undrivable. Pls do something for the framerate for this game.
    Exactly the same issue on my end too. The update auto-installed and now the game is barely playable.
    xeroxed88 said:
    Exactly the same issue on my end too. The update auto-installed and now the game is barely playable.
    Thanks for letting us know. Could you let us know where you're experiencing this - what track, conditions etc.?
    edited January 4
    xeroxed88 said:
    Thanks for letting us know. Could you let us know where you're experiencing this - what track, conditions etc.?
    I have tried it only in dry conditions. But i know its on almost every gamemode and every track I tested yet.(Baku, Austria, Spa)
    Edit: After starting the game the second time I have no problems at all with the framerate!!!
  • BangBiscuit1970BangBiscuit1970 Member New Car Smell
    Hi all,

As per our thread here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/130819/patch-1-12-xbox-only/p1?new=1, a patch is coming out to address the crashes reported on Xbox One at approximately 1pm GMT today (04/01/2018).

Soooooo, Were any other of the issues with game sorted in this patch? FFB?
  • xeroxed88xeroxed88 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 4
    In regards to frame-rate issues, just relaunch the game and it should solve it. Worked for me anyway.
    xeroxed88 said:
    I have tried it only in dry conditions. But i know its on almost every gamemode and every track I tested yet.(Baku, Austria, Spa)
    Edit: Career mode Australia (dry) - no problems
    Thanks - does this persist after the game's been restarted?
    xeroxed88 said:
    After starting the game the second time there are no problems!
  • peekabooicu123peekabooicu123 Member New Car Smell
    Could you explain to me how when the game came out the force feedback was very strong.
    You then decided to patch a few issues which i understand had to be done but you have somehow ruined the force feedback when you did this.
    My wheel now has little to no force feedback and the game has become horrible to play.
    Is there anything in this patch that will sort this issue.
    Or are we going to have to put this down to another broken f1 game and hope 2018 will be better.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Pit Crew
    Guessing a patch that fixes one single Xbox bug means no more PS4 updates are to be expected, then...
    xeroxed88 said:
    Great - thanks for that! :)
    Could you explain to me how when the game came out the force feedback was very strong.
    You then decided to patch a few issues which i understand had to be done but you have somehow ruined the force feedback when you did this.
    My wheel now has little to no force feedback and the game has become horrible to play.
    Or are we going to have to put this down to another broken f1 game and hope 2018 will be better.

Hey, @peekabooicu123 - thanks for your feedback. Just a couple if questions: what wheel do you have @peekabooicu123, and what settings are you using?
  • steve00oa515steve00oa515 Member New Car Smell
    I think i may need to email ref the 1988 mclaren as well. Seemed to lose it around 1.05 or 1.06 and assumed patches would rectify.

Also why is the ffb so poor now compared to launch? My thrustmaster tx wheel has little or no resistance anymore.
  • peekabooicu123peekabooicu123 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 4
    xeroxed88 said:
    Great - thanks for that! :)

Hey, @peekabooicu123 - thanks for your feedback. Just a couple if questions: what wheel do you have @peekabooicu123, and what settings are you using?
    Im using a thrustmaster tx with f1 add on.
    Im running the force feedback at 150 and wheel weight at 100.
    When the game came out i was only using the default as it was perfect.
    I have tried everything played on a dirt 4 and the force feedback is perfect.

• Driver74Driver74 Member Wheel Nut
    Hi all,

Hi Jenny,
    Happy new Year.

Please tell me, how long we must wait for the Setup fix ?
    Its a big problem when a custom change to default setup. 

Please give me a answer.