Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

My F1 2018 Cover Concept

TheSevillista87TheSevillista87 Member Unleaded
After 3 years with a very similar style, I thought this idea remembering the F1 2010 cover. The image is of the 4th title of Lewis Hamilton in Mexico. I think it  a distinctive cover and that in my opinion I like it. After the new logo, I have also changed the source of the numbers, trying to make it as similar and aggressive as possible.

All constructive criticism and opinions are appreciated. In February I will return for V2 with the new cars.

Comments

• dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    When I saw that I wondered what the hell that thing was above his head. It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out - it's a flag.

I think due to that it breaks a fundamental design rule.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    Not too bad.

New F1 logo sucks though, sadly.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • rabbitbAJrabbitbAJ Member Unleaded
    Amazing. To me though the flag waving above his head looks a bit like a bin bag blowing in the air but other than that as I said amazing.
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.  
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    edited January 5
    That's way better than the covers we've been having for the last three years. Awesome job, well done!

I'd actually make the 'F1 2018' logo a little bit bigger though
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    Nice work, I like it a lot! 010101000111001
  • DD22KHzDD22KHz Member Wheel Nut
    Not too bad.

New F1 logo sucks though, sadly.
    Nah, it's dope. Futuristic and slick looking, just like the cars. 
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    edited January 6
    @TheSevillista87

Great job there mate.

Only (subjective) critique point i could give is that the number "1" in the year "2018" isn't designed in the same way as the "1" in the new F1 logo and that the flag looks a bit irritating at first glance, other than that this is some awesome stuff you have posted there indeed it's much better than what Codemasters have done over the years.
  • adakshindasadakshindas Member New Car Smell
    @TheSevillista87

Great job there mate.

Only (subjective) critique point i could give is that the number "1" in the year "2018" isn't designed in the same way as the "1" in the new F1 logo and that the flag looks a bit irritating at first glance, other than that this is some awesome stuff you have posted there indeed it's much better than what Codemasters have done over the years.
    That's because the 2018 text is in a different font than the 1 in the 'F1' logo 
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Looking good. My point would be to have 2018 in the same angle as the logo. Picture is very inspiring. Well done.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

@TheSevillista87

Great job there mate.

That's because the 2018 text is in a different font than the 1 in the 'F1' logo 

This should be the actual official font for the 2018 F1 season
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Unleaded
    Looks good bar the flag, without colour just looks like a blank bit of cloth. But wouldn't do well on a game having just one driver on the cover especially with a few staying in the Drivers Championship late or one specific circuit, politically at least lol! Plus Lewis might not win the 2018 Championship and if he does it may look a little fixed having a game with only him on the front before the mid season point.
    Looks good bar the flag, without colour just looks like a blank bit of cloth. But wouldn't do well on a game having just one driver on the cover especially with a few staying in the Drivers Championship late or one specific circuit, politically at least lol! Plus Lewis might not win the 2018 Championship and if he does it may look a little fixed having a game with only him on the front before the mid season point.
    Both F1 2010 and F1 2011 had only one driver on the cover, although it wasn't a specific driver but a generic one.

And I think the these two were the best covers F1 games from Codies ever had.

Also F1 2013 was very good imho

- Gilles Villeneuve
  • UP100UP100 Member Wheel Nut
    @carpa
    Yeah the F1 2010 and 2011 covers looked really good. In fact the 2011 wallpaper is my phone's background and I love it!
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Unleaded
    edited January 14
    @carpa It was blank, plain and basic. I much prefer the busier 2016 - 2017 style titles with a few of the best names in it.

Mix multiple drivers with a nice background like shown but with colour.
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Really like that, thanks for posting that @TheSevillista87! :)