Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

T-Cam will die in 2018

Liberty promised that the new experience of F1 broadcast will be more dynamic in 2018 
This include that will have a new camera 360 to show the onboard view because of Halo 
Halo is ugly much more because affect directly we view when watch (and play game) 
So, I cannot see more utility to Codemasters keep T-Cam in 2018... is dead...

Comments

• DD22KHzDD22KHz Member Wheel Nut

Literally just move it to the right 2 inches and itll be fine. t cam isnt dead.
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    DD22KHz said:

It's still horrible!

Watch on YouTube 
    It does not replace T-cam, it's a whole new experience!
  • DD22KHzDD22KHz Member Wheel Nut
    CavSTiago said:
    DD22KHz said:

It's still horrible!
    There's nothing horrible about it, it doesn't bother me at all, you're just nitpicking
    edited January 9
    DD22KHz said:
    CavSTiago said:
    DD22KHz said:

It's still horrible!
    There's nothing horrible about it, it doesn't bother me at all, you're just nitpicking
    Glad you have the ability to enjoy it ... your mind is not limited, I'm also striving to look good, or see the solution that FOM will bring to the viewer. :) 
    Awesome video!
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Race Engineer
    Nothing about the halo in real life or the game calls for you jumping off the deep end like that because you simply dont like the looks. The world isnt going to burst into flames the moment they mount it on the car.  It doesnt effect tcam on tv or in the game that stops you from playing and watching it other than you just being mad its coming and its going to be there. 
    Xbox one, controller
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    It doesn't look good, if anybody could choose, we'd all say no to it.

But for the purpose it's going to serve, it's more than justified.
  • GavGav983527GavGav983527 Member New Car Smell
    No it won't, it will just look different.

Drama queen.
  • ale85bgale85bg Member Unleaded
    CavSTiago said:
    This include that will have a new camera 360 to show the onboard view because of Halo  [...] So, I cannot see more utility to Codemasters keep T-Cam in 2018... is dead...
    Well, I believe T-cam will stay anyway.
    If you consider that F1 TV footage doesn't have "swingman" cameras yet we're provided with not one but two of them (with different zoom), then I can't really see a reason for Codies to remove the T-cam.
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    It will be big problem in the game..specially who drives cockpit cam , if codies don't support vr! @jennyannem
    GP1_HAMILTON

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    It will be big problem in the game..specially who drives cockpit cam , if codies don't support vr! @jennyannem
    Supporting VR won't help much, current VR systems can't tell what your eyes are focusing on, only which direction you're looking. So you still won't really be able to "see past" the halo like you can in real life.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Petrol Head
    T-Cam has to stay, otherwise 90% of people can't play anymore.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    Not true @lolschrauber because let me tell u something cockpit cam is not really realistic..this is not how real f1 drivers see..u have limited view to apex...if u drive asseto corsa with vr then u could drive cockpit cam because u can move ur head and focus on the apex ...but in f1 2017 u stand still barely see the apex which is annoying 
    GP1_HAMILTON

Not true @lolschrauber because let me tell u something cockpit cam is not really realistic..this is not how real f1 drivers see..u have limited view to apex...if u drive asseto corsa with vr then u could drive cockpit cam because u can move ur head and focus on the apex ...but in f1 2017 u stand still barely see the apex which is annoying 
    You can see many of them just fine. We all know people just use t-cam because it's easier. There are TONS of people using cockpit cam in literally every game, except F1, or other games when driving F1 or similar open wheel cars.

T-Cam is even less realistic for the driving experience, even if the cockpit cam isn't well done as you say, so that's not a logical argument.

Although I was joking, if T-Cam was removed, many people literally can't play anymore, because that's the only camera setting that they're good at.
  • mlbc1mlbc1 Member New Car Smell
    DD22KHz said:
    CavSTiago said:
    DD22KHz said:

It's still horrible!
    It it’s horrible because it’s not a natural driving position moving it slightly to the left?
    no it wont if you use the correct low driving position. The top ring post will just be at the top of your tv and the middle post will be looked past like we do already with the anntennas and everything else mount in the center of our view. Still won't be any worse than driving lmp cars in cockpit view in every other game we play. 
    Xbox one, controller
    You realize there is a look to apex setting in the camera options right? 

Xbox one, controller
    edited January 9
    sorry double post                                                                                      

Xbox one, controller
    kevinkirk said:
    You realize there is a look to apex setting in the camera options right? 

I use it with a pretty high setting, but I can see that it may not be suitable for some people.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    Yeah, cockpit cam isn't particularly realistic anyway. As for camera settings, people tend to choose which one they like best. I prefer the TV cam, but I'm sure I could easily drive without it. I don't think the camera angle makes you faster, it's just more convenient. But if I'd only ever used cockpit cam, I'm sure I'd find that easier too.

There are lots of things people do to make it easier. Most of the hot laps on the TT leaderboards are achieved driving a Mercedes. I wonder why they don't choose a Sauber? :)