Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Weather transition tyre change bug (PS4)

ZachrulezZachrulez Member New Car Smell
This one tends to hit in races where there are multiple periods of rain. Essentially what happens is that the AI change tyres correctly the first time there is rain. If there is a 2nd rain period though the AI will not change back to intermediate tyres from dries. They'll still pit because they recognize that they need to pit off the dry tyres but they keep putting the same compound dries on their car. I believe one of the recent patches may have introduced this because it hasn't been a problem for me until recently and I am sure that multi rain sessions were fine until recently. Anyway I am experiencing this bug on the PS4 version of the game with 100% races. I am imagining this bug is not confined to only the PS4 version of the game and it's possible that the bug isn't even that well known considering people's luck with the weather may not be as bad as this.

Comments

• ZachrulezZachrulez Member New Car Smell
    When I am offered a pit strategy under this bug often it shows a pit lap with the tyre compound blank. This is probably what happens to the AI and is why the player side is unaffected because the player can manually change the compound but the AI can't. Not sure if that's worth pointing out, but hopefully it's helpful.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Zachrulez said:
    When I am offered a pit strategy under this bug often it shows a pit lap with the tyre compound blank. This is probably what happens to the AI and is why the player side is unaffected because the player can manually change the compound but the AI can't. Not sure if that's worth pointing out, but hopefully it's helpful.
    @F1Support @CmRachel @jennyannem think this is the first time I’ve seen this info, pardon me if I missed it.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Zachrulez said:
    @F1Support @CmRachel @jennyannem think this is the first time I’ve seen this info, pardon me if I missed it.

Zachrulez for QA lead. He finds them AND he diagnoses them. Good Shout.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member New Car Smell
    This happened again racing at Belgium in my 4th season of career mode. This time it was transitioning from intermediate to wet conditions. Strategy change had the compound blank for me on this occasion. (That is 3 of the 4 times it's happened which is in line with the rate at which the AI is affected by the bug. Usually about 3 in 4 of them are.)

I mean going from inters to wets the AI would be better off not pitting at all rather than continuing to try to take wets, it's just ridiculous. Also the bug wouldn't be as game breaking if the rain frequency wasn't hovering somewhere around 50% of the time. I mean there are tracks that are going to have more rain than others, but to have had rain in just about every race I've had this season aside from Bahrain is just... well *sigh.* I mean I'd be fine dealing with it if the AI transitioned correctly, but at this point it's just ruining the races.

I actually went back and looked and up to Belgium in my 4th season of career mode, the only races I have taken part in that have had no rain are Australia, Bahrain, Spain, and Monaco. I don't want to be the guy that complains about too much rain being present in the game but Australia and Bahrain are tracks that don't get a lot of rain in the first place, and Monaco is kind of in that category too. Really it should be the other way around. Should only be seeing rain in maybe that many races if not 1 or 2 fewer... but yeah I don't want to get too complainy about the weather and that's a different discussion to have anyway aside from the fact that the rain being less frequent would mitigate the effects of the bug at this point.