Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Problem with AI pitting and not changing tyres, during weather transitions.

ihaycheeseihaycheese Member New Car Smell
So I think i've seen someone else have a similar problem, but there's now a glitch where the AI won't go onto wet tyres when the track becomes wet due to rain, they will pit over and over again but will keep going onto dry tyres. This happened to me in a career mode race, i'm not sure if it happens outside career mode but you really need to look into this codemasters. Completely ruined a really great race I was having. I haven't been on the game over christmas but it didnt happen before then so i'm not sure if this is due to one of the updates you've recently brought in which has caused an error in the game.

Please do something about this, despite some bugs overall this game is really good to play but this has changed it completely 

Post edited by DanHawk1ns on

Comments

• DanHawk1nsDanHawk1ns Member, Codemasters admin
    Hey @ihaycheese

Could you confirm if this was just a dry > wet race? Or was it wet > dry > wet? 

I believe you're on XB1 too, is that correct? 

Apologies for all the questions - Just trying to get as much information as possible :)

Many thanks,
    Dan
  • ihaycheeseihaycheese Member New Car Smell
    edited January 9
    Hi Dan,

Good to hear from you.

I was playing on the normal Xbox One and it was Wet > Dry > Wet race.

I mean I guess I got a win out of it  :D  , but was a shame as I was having a great race and I'm now hesitant to do a race in career mode in case this happens again. Hope you guys can fix it.

Many thanks,
    Harrison (ihaycheese)

• nobbymilonobbymilo Member New Car Smell
    edited January 9
    Hey @ihaycheese

Could you confirm if this was just a dry > wet race? Or was it wet > dry > wet? 

I believe you're on XB1 too, is that correct? 

Apologies for all the questions - Just trying to get as much information as possible :)

Many thanks,

lots of people are having this problem, myself on pc when light rain changes to heavy rain and ai just keeps pitting each lap for new inters.
    Thanks for confirming @ihaycheese.

@nobbymilo - does the race start dry? Or is that starting at Light Rain then progressing to Heavy Rain? 
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Co-Driver

@nobbymilo - does the race start dry? Or is that starting at Light Rain then progressing to Heavy Rain? 
    There are so many threads about this. CM can't seriously be reading about this bug for the first time...  :|
  • nobbymilonobbymilo Member New Car Smell

started off dry, then light rain into heavy rain, once track started to dry ai come in and put correct dry tyres on but race is ruined by then as they have about 20 pit stops each.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Pit Crew
    Ho3n3r said:

There are so many threads about this. CM can't seriously be reading about this bug for the first time...  :|
    This.  Why the sudden interest now when people have been complaining about this for months???
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    The response is quite obvious now. CM promised to get more staff involved because they realized they had to improve their communications and so they did. That's one step. Now start fixing things.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• Rayg1979Rayg1979 Member Unleaded
    edited January 10
    Ho3n3r said:

Now you have pointed that out CM run away and hide again...... This is why I didnt buy the game this year, support is so god dam bad!!
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    Also happens in Grand Prix mode. How do you know if, at all, CM will do anything about it.
    Hey Dan Hawk1ns, how about an answer, will this be getting looked into and remedied or do I need to get a refund on this broken game?
  • martblokemartbloke Member Pit Crew

@DanHawk1ns Most likely a linked issue too is 1 I had recently:

Xbox One Career Mode, Canada, 50% race. 

Started light rain and was a wet track but there was no option to select wets/inters in Race Strategy at race start. The whole field started on dry tyres. 

Looking at both issues, it's as if there is something saying the weather is not raining when it is and so the AI and options are not allowing wet weather tyres (apart from the human racer being able to change to wet weather tyres when pitting mid race).
  • WSNBM1989WSNBM1989 Member New Car Smell
    Have also experienced this ai-problem this week on PS4 - Career. China, 50%

Race started in dry conditions, then after four laps, light rain, everyone just went to the pits for inters. Then the problems started. It was raining hard at a certain moment. Some of the AI and myself went to the pits for full wets. From that moment, 7 or 8  ai-cars decided to go to the pits EVERY LAP without changing to full wets. At the end of the race, they made a total of 10 pit stops. Crazy.

CM must solve this problem.
  • LeoCardosoLeoCardoso Member Wheel Nut
    And decrease the amount of the sessions with rain..
  • Hawkeye407Hawkeye407 Member Wheel Nut
    You guys are all very mistaken if you think Codemasters have any interest in this thread, or any bug thread. Give up.
     Hi Guys, 

Thanks for the additional replies. I've noted all this extra information down. Thanks to all who have supplied extra information such as race length etc - this really helps. 

BTW - I'm new to the Codemasters team and hadn't reached the other threads about it yet :) 
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Pit Crew
    edited January 10
    To be honest, this ranting and raving and demanding refunds is all getting a bit yawnsome.  I know the game has its issues but this **** has been droning on and on for months now.  It's time to move on with your lives.

Don't like the game?  Fine.  Go get your refund from the place you bought it from.  Simples.  We get you don't like it and I'd wager that no matter what Codemasters did you would never be satisfied.  So quit the song and dance already.
    No you don't get it. People ain't saying they don't like it. People don't like rushed out unfinished games and paying top prices, and what's wrong with that? And I'm afraid you'd lose your 'wager' coz if Codemasters fixed even most of these bugs I and I'm sure a lot of others would be satisfied. Guess I'll keep on singing and dancing bro.

• TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
    This. 100%. I thought maybe I was just unlucky in my last season, but after the latest patch I started a  new career mode and again at least half the races have been affected by rain. This is not realistic.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Unleaded
       TAKIINOUE said:
    This. 100%. I thought maybe I was just unlucky in my last season, but after the latest patch I started a  new career mode and again at least half the races have been affected by rain. This is not realistic.

Not a Problem for me at the time. I've played my first year in career mode until Monaco now (had three weeks paused, because i feared the track) and up to now in Monaco was my first race with light rain the first 15 laps and then the track become dry.

Maybe it's a bit of luck. I don't know. Have to wait for the next seasons to get a real feeling about the amount, but for now it's all ok.