Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters to announce WRC 2019!!

Comments

• BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    bogani said:
    bogani said:
    Thierry97 said:
    Yes, but as a sound there is no comparison with dirt 4 ;) ;)
    To be honest I think Dirt Rally sounds better than Dirt 4.
    Engines sound way better and more detailed in Dirt rally than Dirt 4..
    I feel the exact opposite. They also added the proper 2001 Impreza WRC sound in DiRT 4, along with the proper Integrale sound, which is basically all I need. :P
    Yep, the use correct engine samples on more cars in D4, but they reduced the reverb inside the cars so the raw aggressive feeling from DR got lost along the way.

And the gravel spray effect is almost completely gone :(
    Don't forget all the little rattles in the interior! They're more prominent in DR, makes it feel like I'm in an actual car rather than a game.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
    Kyloton to release V-Rally 4. Xtina creating hype in 3,2,1... as I said a long time ago WRC8 (will change name) is on Codemasters hands.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Kyloton to release V-Rally 4. Xtina creating hype in 3,2,1... as I said a long time ago WRC8 (will change name) is on Codemasters hands.
    This actually seems more and more likely yes.

Did you just take a wild guess or do you know someone who've been involved in all this?

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    I keep seeing this thread pop up & get really excited - and then I realise.... :(
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    Expect only the official announcement of the game, I hope made by codemasters, I can not see the time :o
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    I honestly never thought this could happen but if it really does I'll be more than glad to eat my words...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    We hope that in these months we know something more about who will play the game and when it comes out, but I really hope in codemasters, It would be the best game ever. :o
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    I'll just drop this link here:
    https://www.facebook.com/DanielElenaOfficiel/videos/1882244085159799/

That is Daniel Elena (Loeb's co-driver), live-streaming from Rally Mexico, this year. At around 3:10 he mentions, in French, that he's going to take photos for the WRC game. Pretty much confirms a 2018 WRC game is on the way, wouldn't you say?

The big question is: who's developing it?

I would really love for Codies to tackle WRC but they'll have to get it ready for around October/November, at the latest. It's awfully tight. That said, I'd much rather have an experienced studio take a shot at the official game then some upstarter. Granted, a tight schedule may mean anyone will release a product a bit rough around the edges. However, with someone experienced, there's less of a chance it'll be bad. I don't want to wait, again, untill the 3rd game, like Milestone and Kylotton, for them to get things properly.

So something is already known about the release of the game, but you have to know with certainty from those who have been developed.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Race Steward
    I'll just drop this link here:
    https://www.facebook.com/DanielElenaOfficiel/videos/1882244085159799/

That is Daniel Elena (Loeb's co-driver), live-streaming from Rally Mexico, this year. At around 3:10 he mentions, in French, that he's going to take photos for the WRC game. Pretty much confirms a 2018 WRC game is on the way, wouldn't you say?

The big question is: who's developing it?

I would really love for Codies to tackle WRC but they'll have to get it ready for around October/November, at the latest. It's awfully tight. That said, I'd much rather have an experienced studio take a shot at the official game then some upstarter. Granted, a tight schedule may mean anyone will release a product a bit rough around the edges. However, with someone experienced, there's less of a chance it'll be bad. I don't want to wait, again, untill the 3rd game, like Milestone and Kylotton, for them to get things properly.

Codies have a good base, in terms of physics, cars, stage modelling, codriver, they have lot of R5's modelled, JWRC, Mitsubishi's, old WRC for WRC Trophy, it would be a bit rough but the base is really good
    I am excited at the thought that a game of genre developed by codemasters can come out, we hope it is really like that and not to be proved wrong. :o ;)

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    I came here to say that. With Kylotonn working on V-Rally 4, another studio has to tackle WRC 8, and it could be Codemasters. That may also be the reason why they haven't said anything about DiRT 4 for so long.
    Here's some food for thought:

DiRT 4 was also the official game of the FIA World RX Championship.

We have Assetto Corsa Competizione The Official Blancpain GT Series Game.

Why not DiRT Rally 2 The Official World Rally Championship Game?
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Because of kylotonn works on a new V-rally does not mean that codemasters are making a new WRC game..
    To happen this must the contract of WRC lisence and Big ben which is the publisher to be over already.. Any info about it?
    And dont forget slightly mad studios which created for first time offroad mode (RX)  in Pcars 2 ...
    My opinion is that better codemasters to have the freedom to make a Dirt rally 2 but in the other hand i would like to see for first time an offcial WRC game from the devs that have made the best rally games in the past..

Expect in recent months an official announcement from the studio that will make this game, But yes, since they made a game (Dirt 4) the official game rallycross could do the same with the wrc. :/
    Boys, many on social media talk about this topic, and it seems almost obvious the participation of codemasters to this game wrc, since other studies like milestone and kyloton and bigben are already engaged with other games at the time, for everyone  would be a dream to finally see the official wrc game made by codemasters. :o

Thierry97 said:
    Boys, many on social media talk about this topic, and it seems almost obvious the participation of codemasters to this game wrc, since other studies like milestone and kyloton and bigben are already engaged with other games at the time, for everyone  would be a dream to finally see the official wrc game made by codemasters. :o

Take it easy. Most of this social media talk is probably only happening here. Let's not accelerate the Hype Train to Bullet Train speeds, the derailment will only be more disastrous. They may be working on it, or there will be a year without a WRC game, like 2014 was.
    Already he is right, the weather will be the master and it is intuitable to talk about it if you are still not sure if it will come out. ;)
  • DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    edited March 15
    So the DiRT 4 was announced meaning that DiRT is made up of 4 letters plus the number 4 which adds up to 8 and since DiRT Rally is made up of 9 letters which is 3², therefore, we are getting WRC² 8 meaning whether we might be getting a new rally title called WRC from Codemasters or another lethargic title called WRC 8 from "Gygatonn" or "Megatonn" because these today WRC titles always blow our excitement out of proportion like a bloody nuclear bomb... We are now left with the two probabilities..

Anyways, that is only a theory, a Rally Game's Theory!
    Darhour said:
    So the DiRT 4 was announced meaning that DiRT is made up of 4 letters plus the number 4 which adds up to 8 and since DiRT Rally is made up of 9 letters which is 3², therefore, we are getting WRC² 8 meaning whether we might be getting a new rally title called WRC from Codemasters or another lethargic title called WRC 8 from "Gygatonn" or "Megatonn" because these today WRC titles always blow our excitement out of proportion like a bloody nuclear bomb... We are now left with the two probabilities..

Anyways, that is only a theory, a Rally Game's Theory!

If Codemasters make WRC 8, excitement in not going to be a "bloody nuclear bomb", more like a bloody Photon Torpedo!