Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters to announce WRC 8!!

Comments

• Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    if that were the case, he could only say it, that is at least we do not make bad ideas about the possible exit of the game :/
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Well it's either @Rallycameraman or @CodingRacer who are teasing us! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

if they make fun of us they can only say it instead of making us wait for a game that will not even come out. " :( :(
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    edited April 4
    If the studio for WRC 7 did such a good job - really making it better than any WRC before and over all good reviews - why would publishers look for another studio at all?

I find WRC 7 really worth playing, up there with anything CM did.

I mean, I find CM did a worse job with Dirt 3 than Dirt 2 already. And Dirt Rally is not better than Dirt 2 either in how I was sucked into playing it. Really struggle with DR and did not touch it more than once every 6 months.

A mixed reivews on Dirt 4 if anything better than predecessors.

Dirt 2 - what is so brilliant about it
    ---------------------------------------------------
    a) world map to look around, and grayed alternatives what is to be discovered eventually.
    b) XP is presented how much is to gain for playing it.
    As you repeat playing same event - the amount of XP goes down - so other are starting to look interesting to level up.

This is basically what is needed - as feel and physics is good enough. And various interesting events to try.

Dirt 3 destroyed this by a boring menu system and no feel that you are to discover anything.

So many complicating matters, not explained enough, are introduced in various racing games.
    Tuning is fun - but maybe not explained enough for everybody.
    Team building is fun - but maybe not explained enough.
    Upgrading cars is fun - but understanding racing classes is what I miss.

Project Cars 1 - excellent physics and feel of cars - but no real progress system.
    I got the GOTY - so maybe there was from start - but everything just there - boring.

I just now got Project Cars 2 - and will be seing how I feel about it. It takes a couple of hours to just get settings right to handle cars. Same issue with boh PC1 and PC2.

Post edited by LariosoDog on
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
    because both bigben, Kyloton and milestone are making more games at the moment and if they would do it this year we would already know something :/
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    Thierry97 said:
    because both bigben, Kyloton and milestone are making more games at the moment and if they would do it this year we would already know something :/
    So they will make WRC 8 next year or whatever.

Not everybody do it like CM - release the same game every year with just a few more events inside and a new name.

I don't do online gaming, so not sure if WRC 7 is dead in that sense and need a WRC 8 soon for some reason.
    But I have 50 games installed and racing is done just in between when I feel like it - so more casual, kind of.

I guess it's a different story for those that have race gaming as main interest.

And CM is for PC gamers only, as I discovered more and more. There aren't any improvements over time for console.
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
    it is likely that it will come out again next year from the same developer :/
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    If we didn't know anything, sure, the WRC franchise could skip a year, like they did in 2014...

But, thanks to Daniel Elena, we know Loeb's going to be back in the official WRC game and, as far as it is known, Loeb only has a contract with Citroen for 2018. This means that, if they're adding him to the list of selectable drivers, that means it's a 2018 season game. You don't release a 2018 season game, in 2019. The game will have lost relevance by then and you might as well go straight for a current year game, like Kylotton did with WRC 5. WRC 5 wasn't a 2014 season game, it jumped straight to 2015.

I'll also reiterate: Kylotton are not making this WRC game because of V-Rally 4, that is already slotted for this September. You do not make 2 games, that compete against each other, and release them close together because it'll cause a revenue split and it's a dumb financial move, akin to shooting your own foot.
    I do not think even milestone can do that since she has done other games so the only option is the codemasters :/
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Your avatar and choice of smileys gives me the impression you are a really anxious and nervous type of guy Thierry.

Don't worry! We will know what the future brings soon enough ;)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion

I'll also reiterate: Kylotton are not making this WRC game because of V-Rally 4, that is already slotted for this September. You do not make 2 games, that compete against each other, and release them close together because it'll cause a revenue split and it's a dumb financial move, akin to shooting your own foot.

And the same stands for BigBen. Arguably even moreso. If BigBen are publishing VR4 this September, I'd wager that they're not doing WRC8 this year either, regardless of who the developer is.

Doesn't mean it's Codemasters - could be a new licence holding publisher, could be that BigBen still have the licence and they're going to alternate release years - but BigBen surely aren't releasing WRC8 this summer/autumn?

BTW, please can we change the exclamation point in the thread title to a question mark?
    edited April 4

And the same stands for BigBen. Arguably even moreso. If BigBen are publishing VR4 this September, I'd wager that they're not doing WRC8 this year either, regardless of who the developer is.

Doesn't mean it's Codemasters - could be a new licence holding publisher, could be that BigBen still have the licence and they're going to alternate release years - but BigBen surely aren't releasing WRC8 this summer/autumn?

When I say Kylotton isn't making the game, I also say their partners BigBen. The license is in someone else's hands, new dev and publisher, I'm almost certain of that, at this point. The fact that they are speeding up their e-sports championship to end early also points to a change in hands.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Race Steward
    It must be codemasters, why Elena's movements were the exact same movements of drivers in F1 games by Codemasters, that is a fact, and also the silence of DiRT4 must be because of a new project, and the ooonly thing they released for DiRT4 was the club's update which allowed them to test e-sports platform....
    already this can be a clue, and in my opinion codemasters could be already at work and launch the game for year-end or early 2019
    Many rumors speak that something is known before the e3 of this year, towards the end of May :/
    edited April 5
    Thierry97 said:
    Many rumors speak that something is known before the e3 of this year, towards the end of May :/

If they're rumours from outside this board, please can you link them?
    Thierry97 said:

If they're rumours from outside this board, please can you link them?
    I'd like to see them too...
    on a group in facebook you talk a lot about this game and one person said that you should know something on May 26, I tell you what he said hoping it to be true. :/