Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters to announce WRC 2019!!

Comments

• ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Thierry97 said:
    on a group in facebook you talk a lot about this game and one person said that you should know something on May 26, I tell you what he said hoping it to be true. :/
    You mean, a group chat?  :/
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    a group chat related to this topic is provided. ;)
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    edited April 5
    Thierry97 said:
    on a group in facebook you talk a lot about this game and one person said that you should know something on May 26, I tell you what he said hoping it to be true. :/
    Ok. So, someone, in a Facebook group said we should know something by May 26. Sounds like he may just have said that because he follows the speculation that goes on here. Just saying.

Having said that (and always only assuming a WRC game by Codies is in the works), the Rally of Portugal, the most popular WRC event, is from May 17 to May 20. Rally in general, and the Rally of Portugal, have a huge following, especially in the north of the country, where the WRC event is based currently. Rally games also enjoy a lot of popularity amongst portuguese gamers. It might be a good idea to announce the game during the event, for added hype.
  • lskilllskill Member New Car Smell
    edited April 5
    What's the name of the facebook group?

I think we can see a game (WRC game) this year from codemasters. But at this time, it's still too early to announce something

For those who want the group is called DIRT WRC ITALIA
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    Thierry97 said:
    Ok. So, someone, in a Facebook group said we should know something by May 26. Sounds like he may just have said that because he follows the speculation that goes on here. Just saying.

Having said that (and always only assuming a WRC game by Codies is in the works), the Rally of Portugal, the most popular WRC event, is from May 17 to May 20. Rally in general, and the Rally of Portugal, have a huge following, especially in the north of the country, where the WRC event is based currently. Rally games also enjoy a lot of popularity amongst portuguese gamers. It might be a good idea to announce the game during the event, for added hype.
    That would make sense. Usually Codemasters release information about their upcoming F1 game on Thursday or Friday of a race weekend, so given that WRC would be an official licence of a racing championship just as F1 it would make sense for them to use the same procedure. Just hoping this doesn't mean zero communication with the fanbase as they usually do with F1...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    Sorry for the question that has nothing to do with this, but you access the forum only through the internet or maybe there is also the app tapatalk ?? :/
    Still no news ???                            
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Thierry97 said:
    Still no news ???                            
    No
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Is this definitely happening then? I see the question mark has disappeared from the thread title! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I think the original poster re-edited the title or something
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    What would happen in reality . they release Dirt 4 code, as WRC 8 - and include some WRC events, or?

Does studios, or publishers own the code, kind of?
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
    What would happen in reality . they release Dirt 4 code, as WRC 8 - and include some WRC events, or?

Does studios, or publishers own the code, kind of?
    Studios own code, such as game engines and technologies. Publishers own IPs. Generally speaking.

If Codemasters makes a WRC game it will, most likely, be a spinoff title of the DiRT franchise, rather than a direct sequel to any previous project.

It would have to include all WRC rallies, cars, teams etc, it's a requirement of the license.
    I heard bigben and probably the license keeps them. :/
    Thierry97 said:
    I heard bigben and probably the license keeps them. :/
    Thierry, watch your English, please. I know it may not be your first language but look at that sentence structuring: it sounds like the license has BigBen instead of the other way around.

Also, we don't know for sure. The championships organized by BigBen are ending sooner than expected. This seems to point to them not having the license anymore. We must wait for additional news.
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Petrol Head
    Nah just use google translate, ain’t nothing better to make your day!  :D
    Sorry I am not English, I will try to write more comprehensively
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    I much prefer DiRT 5, to get released.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • TallinkTallink Member New Car Smell
    WRC 8 must have 5-6 stages per rally( one epic like 15-... km, 4 normal 5-12 km and one SSS like Arena Panzerplate) and i hope much more size game for this than eariler 20gb game, but if Codies want WRC game to make, they should stop making reverse stages, this is so boring.
    I hope that everyone who plays the wrc game far exceeds all our asoectives and is better than previous versions of this game :/