Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters to announce WRC 8!!

Comments

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Generally i prefer codemasters to make a Dirt Rally 2 or Dirt 5 under the condition that it will have Dirt Rally 1 physics and handling ... In the other hand i would like to see CM to get WRC license because this year the rally of my country Acropolis is back in calendar and also i stably believe that CM even they are not performing their best form , they can make way better rally game than Kylotonn or any other company out there.. B)

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Generally i prefer codemasters to make a Dirt Rally 2 or Dirt 5 under the condition that it will have Dirt Rally 1 physics and handling ... In the other hand i would like to see CM to get WRC license because this year the rally of my country Acropolis is back in calendar and also i stably believe that CM even they are not performing their best form , they can make way better rally game than Kylotonn or any other company out there.. B)

?

Acropolis is ERC, not WRC.

I'd be happy with Codemasters or Kyloten creating the next WRC title, just hope it's not another new development who needs three editions to create a good version.

Even better, announce the 2019 game this year with Early Access and add stages and support classes over the year. What Kunos are doing with ACC basically.

Thanks,
    -Rodger
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    edited April 16
    There's a chance we might hear something at the end of May. That's when the DiRT World Championships end and they won't announce anything before, in order not the steal the competition's thunder. Codemasters could have a surprise at the final livestream.

Just a thought.

Even better, announce the 2019 game this year with Early Access and add stages and support classes over the year. What Kunos are doing with ACC basically.
    I, for some reason, don't see them bunching up seasons. Either they launch something this year, for this season, or they don't and go straight to the 2019 season. Remember, not only did they skip a year in 2014, Kylotton was given an 8 month deadline to finish WRC 5 for that year. Blancpain may be okay mixing up the seasons in ACC, but the WRC Promoter is another story.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Aye, I don't think they will do, just something they should consider. It's fair to say I don't have much faith in WRC Promoter after their various decisions over the years...

WRC All Live is a step in the right direction though, hopefully they learn to step outside their comfort game and the benefits that a good quality game, even if not the highest bidder, could do to their sport.
    edited April 16
    Aye, I don't think they will do, just something they should consider. It's fair to say I don't have much faith in WRC Promoter after their various decisions over the years...

WRC All Live is a step in the right direction though, hopefully they learn to step outside their comfort game and the benefits that a good quality game, even if not the highest bidder, could do to their sport.
    I think they need to give WRC to a developer who actually has experience in the rally genre. Codemasters come to mind foremost, especially now that they own Evo, who made the great PS2 WRC games.

EDIT: Not only the chances of a better product will be higher, the association of a name like Codemasters to WRC will call people's attention. New developers have shown that they take a while to make something, even just decent.
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    Just fo fan the flames a bit: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/apri-2018/wrc-7-awards/page/5372--12-12-.html

Note how they do not in any way mention WRC8. 
    “This is in recognition of the work done by our entire team of rally fans and it encourages us for our work on our next projects.”
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

Dytut said:
    Just fo fan the flames a bit: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/apri-2018/wrc-7-awards/page/5372--12-12-.html

Note how they do not in any way mention WRC8. 
    “This is in recognition of the work done by our entire team of rally fans and it encourages us for our work on our next projects.”
    That is a chopped tree that could tilt either way, to be honest :)
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew

:( i thought it was..
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 19
    On the On rush Gameplay there is a strange name next to dirt 4,I do not know maybe it's just a sentence or otherwise a new game in the program
    edited April 19
    Thierry97 said:
    On the On rush Gameplay there is a strange name next to dirt 4,I do not know maybe it's just a sentence or otherwise a new game in the program
    You're talking about their recent OnRush livestream, right? I'd say that's a recruitment poster saying "We Love Racing", or something like that, hence the "Join us for the road..." underneath.
  • inkub69inkub69 Member New Car Smell
    Big mistery who will make wrc8, kyloton is making v-rally 4 (releser date is september 2018). In my opinion codemasters right now drop the ball, on rush is arcade racer, dirt rally and dirt 4 should be one game. 
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Suggestion for codies if they are making the new WRC game, in career mode it would be cool to have PET or Monday test if you are on lower classes like WRC2 or JWRC.
    WRC PET affecting the car development (just in career mode) and WRC2 or JWRC giving more options to setup the car for the rally.
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    nobody says anything about it, so it is useless to lose our head so much for a game that will not go out. :/
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Co-Driver
    If there is any truth in all this speculation I’m assuming the game won’t be released until around October or possibly September time like previous entries in the series? 
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    edited April 24
    I guess F1 would come first, so that already forces it into October or so.
    If there is a WRC coming, October should be the target release window. The only WRC which didn't lauch in October was 7 and that could have been because of license negotiation reasons.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I’ll buy it as an early birthday present for myself in that case.  Cool!!
  • CodingRacerCodingRacer Member New Car Smell
    Christina is almost back writing some hype notes. It's a shame this company lost the passion about games a while back, WRC 8 will make them look great again until they forget about their customers again. Remember always that when buying a Codemasters title again. May 25th coming soon!
    Christina is almost back writing some hype notes. It's a shame this company lost the passion about games a while back, WRC 8 will make them look great again until they forget about their customers again. Remember always that when buying a Codemasters title again. May 25th coming soon!
    So, you're betting the announcement on May 25th? We shall see. May 25th is when the Grand Final of the DiRT World Championships goes live. I guess they could end the livestream of the event with a special announcement regarding the future of the DiRT series. In my opinion, May 25th is the earliest an announcement could happen. Why? In order not the take the thunder away from the championships in progress.
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Pit Crew
    So, you're betting the announcement on May 25th? We shall see. May 25th is when the Grand Final of the DiRT World Championships goes live. I guess they could end the livestream of the event with a special announcement regarding the future of the DiRT series. In my opinion, May 25th is the earliest an announcement could happen. Why? In order not the take the thunder away from the championships in progress.
    That would bury the idea of Rally Portugal then, which is run from 17 to 20 May. I still believe we won't have any WRC game news until E3.