Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

New game for F1 2018 or a polished version of F1 2017?

13»

Comments

• Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Don't get offended but this post is useless, we all know we'll get a new game each year so what's the point of talking about an update?

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Don't Ask, Don't Get.

Its far from the only pointless thread round here. Look at last years Beta thread :smiley:
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • MilkinsMilkins Member New Car Smell
    Polished F1 2017
    For me 2017 has been the best by a mile. Still needs work like improvements to the damage model but other than that im still loving it and codemasters are at last heading in the right direction
  • thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Co-Driver
    New Game
    Why would we want a polished 2017 game? What is the point of a new game then? If they can’t deliver a polished NEW game then they shouldn’t release a game this year in my opinion, just work on 2019 then. However I’m convinced the guys at codemasters can deliver yet a new feature-rich game and work on those bugs that will naturally occur with a launch of a game. I mean, 2017 was a great improvement from 2016 right? And especially from 2015 :lol:
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel with F1 wheel add-on
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended Events: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP / Barcelona Winter Testing 2018
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    just a tip for pcars 2 dreamers.. I have come from there having given up on codemasters after 2016.
    tip: pcars 2 open wheelers don't show the rear tyres.
    I am assured by commenters who don't know anything about it that this is for graphics performance reasons. even though there are rear view mirrors and everything else is shown there.
    also there are only around 4 official  F1 season tracks there.
    maybe it was the older cars they had, compared to 2017, but I could never get grip.
    I am enjoying F1 2017 a lot, but then again I purchased at a big discount a month ago and had those patches all at once. still had to struggle with wheel and game settings to get a decent feel.
    nothing beats the F1 ambiance of the game.

how about they pay all us commenters who do free feedback for them, then we can afford to buy buggy games and give more feedback.
    (sidenote China had grid people, boy girl boy girl up to the podium this week, I thought they'd gotten rid of grid girls. )
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    New Game
    Why would we want a polished 2017 game? What is the point of a new game then? If they can’t deliver a polished NEW game then they shouldn’t release a game this year in my opinion, just work on 2019 then. However I’m convinced the guys at codemasters can deliver yet a new feature-rich game and work on those bugs that will naturally occur with a launch of a game. I mean, 2017 was a great improvement from 2016 right? And especially from 2015 :lol:
    Naturally??? Bugs dont occur naturally, they're part of poorly executed/thought out coding and/or lack of thorough testing!

Gotta say that I hate this acceptance of a product is guaranteed to have bugs these days. Whatever happened to not releasing a product until it was actually complete and fully operational. The industry is run by money and target deadlines these days rather than a fully polished product. It's sad.
  • ManamalGamesManamalGames Member New Car Smell
    Polished F1 2017
    So should I but this game now or wait for a newer better version? I am on the fence. PC user here.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
     Buy a different game.

Wait for '18 reviews from other racers (not the games companies who'll give fake high scores having tested only a tiny fraction of the game). 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    So should I but this game now or wait for a newer better version? I am on the fence. PC user here.
    If you want good single player racing I'd say go for it as 2017 is great in that area what with career mode and various championship modes you can play. If you're looking for a good MP racer then you might be better looking elsewhere given this is really it's biggest flaw.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

13»