Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MORE CLASSIC CARS PLEASE CODEMASTERS :) - ADD MOST OF THEM IN AS DLC OR LOOT BOXES

I don't know about the community but I have been an F1 fan since 2000 and grew up watching F1 as it is in my vein and blood, I love the cars and drivers back in the day, BUT for me personally I would loooooove waaay more classic cars from different eras, I mean I pleaded for cars that were really popular back in the day like Jordan, Jaguar and BAR striking livery in 1999, sooo this is what I have in mind, 

FERRARI ERA
Ferrari 312 T5 - 1980
Ferrari 126C2 - 1982
Ferrari 641 - 1990
Ferrari F310 - 1996

MCLAREN ERA
McLaren M30 - 1980
McLaren MP4/10 - 1995
McLaren MP4/13 - 1999
McLaren MP4/19 - 2004
McLaren MP4/20 - 2005
McLaren MP4/24 - 2009

BAR ERA
BAR 01 - 1999
BAR 002 - 2000
BAR 004 - 2002
BAR 006 - 2004
BAR-HONDA RA107 - 2007
HONDA RA108 - 2008

RENAULT ERA
Renault RE20B - 1980
Renault R23 - 2000
Renault R202 - 2002
Renault R22 - 2004
Renault R27 - 2007
Renault R29 - 2009
Renault R30 - 2010

WILLIAMS ERA
Williams FW07B - 1980
Williams FW20 - 1998
Williams FW21 - 1999
Williams FW22 - 2000
Williams FW23 - 2001
Williams FW26 - 2004
Williams FW28 - 2006
Williams FW32 - 2010

SAUBER ERA
Sauber C13 - 1994
Sauber C14 - 1995
Sauber C15 - 1996
Sauber C20 - 2001
BMW Sauber - 2006
BMW Sauber - 2009

JORDAN ERA
Jordan 919 - 1990
Jordan 194 - 1994
Jordan 196 - 1996
Jordan 197 - 1997
Jordan 198 - 1998
Jordan EJ11 - 2001

JAGUAR ERA
Jaguar R1 - 2000
Jaguar R3 - 2002
Jaguar R5 - 2004

SPECIAL ERA
Benetton B191/B191B - 1991/1992
Benetton B194 - 1994
Lotus 102 - Lamborghini - 1990

PLEASE MAKE MOST OF THESE ADDED INTO YOUR GAME FOR 2018, IF YOU BRING IN THE LOOT BOXES YOU CAN OF COURSE ADD IN DIFFERENT CARS OR DIFFERENT ERAS INTO THE LOOT BOXES, OR IF NOT THAT HAVE IT AS DLC FOR F1 2018 PLEEEEEASE CODEMASTERS THESE ARE MY FAVOURATE CARS OF ALL TIME IN FORMULA 1 

Comments

• speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    Just NO! Firstly I find the idea of paying codemasters anything abhorrent because they already rip us off year after year any way.Secondly they can't get the basics right as it is so chucking more layers of complexity on top is only going to make even more likely they serve up another broken game.Just get the basics and fundamentals right first codies before you start window dressing the game.
  • Senna755Senna755 Member Wheel Nut
    I'd love there to be a 77 JPS Lotus!

• Body is 4 characters too short.
  • IcemanrkIcemanrk Member Unleaded
    One no loot box if that happen I would boycott the game.
    Two they should make a functionning game first
    Hm... Yeah? Iceman rk 769 on Xbox One and Nickael on my You Tube but does anyone care? Oh well!
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Wheel Nut
    Seriously what is wrong with the new generation! Whats with all this loot box rubbish! This is no arcade game with special power up items on track lol! DLC I can handle if it needs an extra download due to loads of classic tracks like Magny-Cours, Zandvoort, Jerez etc. But it should all be included, would rather pay a little more for the full game than get ripped off buying masses for little packs.

But classics should be a big part of F1 as its the history of the sport and they are amazing to drive, especially the 80s turbo beasts!! And this year bringing back the modern classics with McLaren, Ferrari and Renault was a master stroke! The short circuits I'm not so much a fan of though. If its not too costly I would love to see more classic full tracks to race on. With all the bugs in 2017 I find that the classic side is pretty perfect, not had any issues.Hat off to Codies for that.
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
     Why would anyone ask for loot boxes? Maybe showing my age a little, but I expect to have the whole game when I purchase it. Otherwise what's the point? I don't even agree with having DLC. If they're going to add these classic tracks/cars, then just include them with the game.
  • UP100UP100 Member Pit Crew
    I mean codies have done the DLC thing once in F1 games, so I wouldn't see DLC as that bad if it's done RIGHT and has a good price such as couple of euros for a DLC including an era of classic cars. Back in 2013 with 12 euros you would get 6 new cars and 2 tracks and I have no opinion right now is it a good price or not.

It's just something that might even motivate Codies to improve the game after the release? This is a complete guess, but it might be possible.
  • rabbitbAJrabbitbAJ Member Unleaded
    Let's get a fully functional game first please, then we can talk about adding an insane amount of classic cars.
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.  
  • DanHawk1nsDanHawk1ns Member, Codemasters admin
    SamReaN said:
    I don't know about the community but I have been an F1 fan since 2000 and grew up watching F1 as it is in my vein and blood, I love the cars and drivers back in the day, BUT for me personally I would loooooove waaay more classic cars from different eras, I mean I pleaded for cars that were really popular back in the day like Jordan, Jaguar and BAR striking livery in 1999, sooo this is what I have in mind, 

FERRARI ERA
    Ferrari 312 T5 - 1980
    Ferrari 126C2 - 1982
    Ferrari 641 - 1990
    Ferrari F310 - 1996

MCLAREN ERA
    McLaren M30 - 1980
    McLaren MP4/10 - 1995
    McLaren MP4/13 - 1999
    McLaren MP4/19 - 2004
    McLaren MP4/20 - 2005
    McLaren MP4/24 - 2009

BAR ERA
    BAR 01 - 1999
    BAR 002 - 2000
    BAR 004 - 2002
    BAR 006 - 2004
    BAR-HONDA RA107 - 2007
    HONDA RA108 - 2008

RENAULT ERA
    Renault RE20B - 1980
    Renault R23 - 2000
    Renault R202 - 2002
    Renault R22 - 2004
    Renault R27 - 2007
    Renault R29 - 2009
    Renault R30 - 2010

WILLIAMS ERA
    Williams FW07B - 1980
    Williams FW20 - 1998
    Williams FW21 - 1999
    Williams FW22 - 2000
    Williams FW23 - 2001
    Williams FW26 - 2004
    Williams FW28 - 2006
    Williams FW32 - 2010

SAUBER ERA
    Sauber C13 - 1994
    Sauber C14 - 1995
    Sauber C15 - 1996
    Sauber C20 - 2001
    BMW Sauber - 2006
    BMW Sauber - 2009

JORDAN ERA
    Jordan 919 - 1990
    Jordan 194 - 1994
    Jordan 196 - 1996
    Jordan 197 - 1997
    Jordan 198 - 1998
    Jordan EJ11 - 2001

JAGUAR ERA
    Jaguar R1 - 2000
    Jaguar R3 - 2002
    Jaguar R5 - 2004

SPECIAL ERA
    Benetton B191/B191B - 1991/1992
    Benetton B194 - 1994
    Lotus 102 - Lamborghini - 1990

PLEASE MAKE MOST OF THESE ADDED INTO YOUR GAME FOR 2018, IF YOU BRING IN THE LOOT BOXES YOU CAN OF COURSE ADD IN DIFFERENT CARS OR DIFFERENT ERAS INTO THE LOOT BOXES, OR IF NOT THAT HAVE IT AS DLC FOR F1 2018 PLEEEEEASE CODEMASTERS THESE ARE MY FAVOURATE CARS OF ALL TIME IN FORMULA 1 

Nice list of cars! Quite a few of my personal favourites in there too - kudos :) 
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    I would hope that the current set of classic cars are included in this year's game! They can add more if they like, but we need to have the current set rolled over to the next game! 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    I'd be quite happy to have extra classics to purchase. I'd rather have the option than non at all. Same with circuits. Those who don't want them don't have to pay for them.

Does make me wonder what they have planned for 2018. Car is pretty similar apart from halo.Circuit changes, just Paul Ricard. Hockenheim maybe.

If they don't add in some extra classics or circuits I don't see myself buying 2018.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    peyt0n89 said:
    What is this insanity about loot boxes? If gamers begin to actually REQUEST that loot boxes be in games, then this industry is doomed (from a consumer standpoint).

Maybe Codies should just focus on getting the core game working first before thinking about distractions like classic cars? I'd much rather see a stable multiplayer component before more classic cars that are -let's be honest- a novelty.
    I like loot boxes. Depends on how they work. Purely cosmetic stuff, sure why not. If I enjoy the game, like the items you can get, and support developers with it, why not open a few here and there. But for some games they're pretty stupid, like Fifa for example.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    Gambling with real money (even when then turned into virtual gaming currencies) has no place in games and should be banned across the world.
    Children should learn to respect others while playing, not crash into them on purpose and shouting into the mic how they **** our moms rather than how to throw away hundreds of their parents money to get one or two cars they like. People who suggest the idea of gambling in video games are one of the main reasons why this industry has lost the quality it had pre 2010.
    These kinda kids always existed in video games. I think the first games I played were 007 Nightfire, CS 1.6 and KalOnline, none of these were a lot better. And I remember wasting rather much money on things like trading card packs when I was younger, which are the basically the same ****. You buy a pack, not knowing what you will get, you trade with kids at school, pretty equal.

If you don't like it, simply don't support it. Do not buy any boxes, keys, preferably anything at all from those developers. It's unlikely that they'll go away anytime soon, after all, they bring money, which is what game companies are all about. They don't develop games for fun, you know.
    As long as they're optional and don't give you any advantage, that's fine with me.

If kids open boxes and expect to at the very least get items worth of the same amount of what they paid or preferably more, they're gonna get mad, obviously, but that's rarely on any developer, as the community makes the values for items. Surprisingly lots of people seem to think that you should be able to actually earn money by opening boxes. That's where it becomes real gambling for me.
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 19
    And I remember wasting rather much money on things like trading card packs when I was younger, which are the basically the same ****. You buy a pack, not knowing what you will get, you trade with kids at school, pretty equal.
    Trading cards are a physical thing, which often have real world value long term as collectibles.

There was a lot of argument about this in the past few months ("oh but loot boxes/ultimate team cards etc must be okay because premier league sticker books" but it was decided they are very different things.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward
    FRACTURED said:
    And I remember wasting rather much money on things like trading card packs when I was younger, which are the basically the same ****. You buy a pack, not knowing what you will get, you trade with kids at school, pretty equal.
    Trading cards are a physical thing, which often have real world value long term as collectibles.

There was a lot of argument about this in the past few months ("oh but loot boxes/ultimate team cards etc must be okay because premier league sticker books" but it was decided they are very different things.
    Don't see how it's possible to "decide" that something is different just because it is digital or it cannot be resold.

A piece of digital code has value to me, even if the thing is less tangible than a sticker. I attach value to being allowed to drive the Ferrari X round track y. More so than owning any sticker.

You could argue that an entire game is a loot box, because when you pay money you don't ultimately know what you are going to get, whether it will be what you want or whether it has bugs etc.

There are no definitive answers to these questions but to me it is possible to be consistent in your outlook. So for me if someone said loot boxes are gambling, then in my opinion sticker collections are gambling too. And vice versa. The fact that sticker collections exist does not imply they are not gambling.