Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FOM Copyright strike (no F1-Intro used)

This is very interesting. My F1 2017 Career Mode series is now in 16th race of the season. First 15 races + league racing videos haven't had any problems at all. Then when I tried to upload Japanese Grand Prix, automatic bot of FOM claimed that it's their material. I didn't show official F1 intro. YouTube told which part of  the video is the problem and it's my onboard Q3 lap. Nothing special, me driving my best Q3 lap with commentary. No music, nothing from real life... I guess CM can't change this, but I decided to tell what could be happening when you try to make YouTube content.

Should FOM come to the 21st century?

Comments

• UP100UP100 Member Pit Crew
     I guess CM can't change this
    Yeah and end of the story.

It's nothing they can change. The game looks too close to real life for the bot to understand it properly. Just dispute it and in a week or two they will get back to you. Also this has been discussed for something like 1.5 years already. Codies' have tried to change it, but have been unable to do it properly.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    UP100 said:

It's nothing they can change. The game looks too close to real life for the bot to understand it properly. Just dispute it and in a week or two they will get back to you. Also this has been discussed for something like 1.5 years already. Codies' have tried to change it, but have been unable to do it properly.
    Yeah the YT bot just thinks it’s live footage what with all the official tie ins, remember you gamers all wanted F1 graphics as well.

Closer it gets, first world problems....
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    F1 2017 Season 15 F8 Car: Haas Teammate: winchy33
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• SenaattoriSenaattori Member New Car Smell
    edited January 23
    UP100 said:

I disputed and now it can be published until they decide what to do. If someone is interested, here's the problem lap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dfWEadB_w8&t=3m28s

UP100 said:

I disputed and now it can be published until they decide what to do. If someone is interested, here's the problem lap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dfWEadB_w8&t=3m28s

Probably the grid sequence.
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• piboyepiboye Member New Car Smell
    UP100 said:

Hey, I'm curious what happened after you disputed it.  How long did it take?  Did you say it was fair use or another reason?  One of my videos just got tagged and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it.  They selected a random lap in the middle of a racing league grand prix where I'm following a Mercedes at Abu Dhabi.  Probably looked too much like one of their videos.
  • Far1anFar1an Member Unleaded
    piboye said:
    UP100 said:

Hey, I'm curious what happened after you disputed it.  How long did it take?  Did you say it was fair use or another reason?  One of my videos just got tagged and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it.  They selected a random lap in the middle of a racing league grand prix where I'm following a Mercedes at Abu Dhabi.  Probably looked too much like one of their videos.
    Had the same issue last friday...a random sequenz of my 1 hour Stream was flagged as content of FOM.

Also in Abu Dhabi and driving a Mercedes...so 2 issues same problem?

@jennyannem @F1Support ??

Far1an said:
    piboye said:
    UP100 said:

Had the same issue last friday...a random sequenz of my 1 hour Stream was flagged as content of FOM.

Also in Abu Dhabi and driving a Mercedes...so 2 issues same problem?

@jennyannem @F1Support ??

It's only bot blocked so appeal it on fair use and own footage. Took a couple of days for mine to be unblocked. Saves uploading a second time even after editing the sequences that might be an issue.