Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Online-lobbies freeze (PC)

GPKingGPKing Member Wheel Nut
Hi Codies!

From time to time when playing online the lobby suddenly freezes on the "Waiting for players"-screen and all you are left to do is closing the game by Alt-F4. In public lobbies it sometimes freezes during the vote for the next track and the countdown doesn't count down but up! It's very annoying having to close the game all the time. It happens very frequently and most of the time when the lobby is more populated with about 15-20 people. This has been a problem from day one and I can't believe you haven't addressed this yet. Every version from 1.3 to 1.11 had this issue.
Please do something about it for the 1.12 update if you're planning to release it at some point.

EDIT: Here's some proof. Literally the first lobby I joined and this happend after the second race.
https://youtu.be/Got69x0WsEI

Post edited by GPKing on

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    GPKing said:
    Hi Codies!

From time to time when playing online the lobby suddenly freezes on the "Waiting for players"-screen and all you are left to do is closing the game by Alt-F4. In public lobbies it sometimes freezes during the vote for the next track and the countdown doesn't count down but up! It's very annoying having to close the game all the time. It happens very frequently and most of the time when the lobby is more populated with about 15-20 people. This has been a problem from day one and I can't believe you haven't addressed this yet. Every version from 1.3 to 1.11 had this issue.
    Please do something about it for the 1.12 update if you're planning to release it at some point.

That last line had me in stitches. But they have surprised me before.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• GPKingGPKing Member Wheel Nut
    GPKing said:
    Hi Codies!

That last line had me in stitches. But they have surprised me before.
    I'm not too optimistic either but we can at least try. Staying quiet and mumbling "oh those damn ***** won't bother anyway!" doesn't help at all.
  • TeenierNeilb69TeenierNeilb69 Member Unleaded
    Agree, but the really funny line is

"I can't believe you haven't addressed this yet."

The fact is, history shows that you should "expect this"
  • GPKingGPKing Member Wheel Nut
    Anything?                                               
  • UberGPUberGP Member New Car Smell
    edited February 1
    I know the game multiplayers can glitch out time to time but i think must of lag issues ingame is because the host is trying to manipulate the connection i know few top players who use lag switches when they are host to set extremely stupid times. if you dont believe me try it youself you can lose half you lap time evan more if done correctly! only soultion would be for CM to use secure servers!

One of my friends uses lag switch to troll our private lobbies. sometimes my game freezes for period he actives the switch me and other players can sometimes lag out or if im behind my delta will glitch sometimes reset or gain time! 

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    UberGP said:
    I know the game multiplayers can glitch out time to time but i think must of lag issues ingame is because the host is trying to manipulate the connection i know few top players who use lag switches when they are host to set extremely stupid times. if you dont believe me try it youself you can lose half you lap time evan more if done correctly! only soultion would be for CM to use secure servers!

One of my friends uses lag switch to troll our private lobbies. sometimes my game freezes for period he actives the switch me and other players can sometimes lag out or if im behind my delta will glitch sometimes reset or gain time! 

Exactly why the 'resume connection' feature of ghost/AI cars should be stopped in MP.

If people lag due to poor connection the game should remove them; if you want to play MP then you sort your connection. People blame the game when it's players and people that are problematic.

If people are using lag switches then they should be disconnected because they suffer a poor connection.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig