Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Fastest lap ever in F1 2017 (PC)?

Hello Guys, 
It is my WORLD RECORD lap in Monza with my setup included which I hope helps you! :)
This is the fastest track of the calendar, and I have the World Record in Time Trial (PC) which must be the fastest lap with "non-upgraded" cars :) 
Enjoy! 

Comments

• RiggyRiggy Member, Drivers Unleaded
    edited February 6
    You cut the first part of the second chicane. Still a damn good lap though.

100% Distance PS4 league: www.wheel2wheelracing.co.uk
    PC Specs
    : i7 4790 3.60Ghz | 16Gb HyperX FURY Black | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini-ITX OC | MSI H97I AC | Windows 7 x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS | Oculus Rift
    F1 2016 Beta Tester F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • TAKIINOUETAKIINOUE Member Pit Crew
     Nice one. I'd be happy if I could break 1:22 lol.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Co-Driver
    Riggy said:
    You cut the first part of the second chicane. Still a damn good lap though.

It's legal to do that for everyone in the game though, so not an unfair advantage. You can do the same thing.
  • RiggyRiggy Member, Drivers Unleaded
    edited February 9
    The game also gives you penalties for putting wheels on curbs you're allowed to use. Awful programming doesn't change the fact that it's technically an illegal lap. Any decent league would dsq a lap like that in qualifying.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    100% Distance PS4 league: www.wheel2wheelracing.co.uk
    PC Specs
    : i7 4790 3.60Ghz | 16Gb HyperX FURY Black | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini-ITX OC | MSI H97I AC | Windows 7 x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS | Oculus Rift
    F1 2016 Beta Tester F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • DaniBereznayDaniBereznay Member Unleaded
    @Riggy
    We can call it illegal, yes, but it's not a huge cut. Sometimes even in real life pilots go wide (ex. Silverstone qualy) and they dont get DSQ instantly. I did not really win time with that, because again, I had to lower my speed to not get a penalty... if I carry the max I can, it would have been invalid. 
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Co-Driver
    Riggy said:
    The game also gives you penalties for putting wheels on curbs you're allowed to use. Awful programming doesn't change the fact that it's technically an illegal lap. Any decent league would dsq a lap like that in qualifying.

According to the game it isn't, which is all that matters. And it's still the same for everyone.

You make it sound like he's the only one on the leaderboard who took it like that, which would be far from the truth.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Engineer
    edited February 10
    Riggy said:

If you wanted some nazi cutting rules, try Project CARS 2
    Does your life have a TV-Cam? No, it doesn't.