Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Commentary

can someone please enlighten me as to why they have Anthony Davidson doing commentary instead of Martin Brundle? Martin’s knowledge and the way he speaks surely would be better than Ant? (No offence to Ant). 
Just curious. 

Comments

• peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Co-Driver
    Anthony has been working with Codemasters since F1 2010. They have a good relationship so might as well.
    I smell like a new car.
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    JoeLee said:
    can someone please enlighten me as to why they have Anthony Davidson doing commentary instead of Martin Brundle? Martin’s knowledge and the way he speaks surely would be better than Ant? (No offence to Ant). 
    Just curious. 

say what?? He is doing the commentary also on the F1 games. Every year again......
    It's alwas Martin & Anthony as a duo
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T300 (F1 Ferrari Rim) - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    larryl said:
    JoeLee said:
    Just curious. 

say what?? He is doing the commentary also on the F1 games. Every year again......

That not Martin Brundle.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    FRACTURED said:
    larryl said:
    JoeLee said:
    Just curious. 

That not Martin Brundle.
    you are right its always been: David Croft & Anthony Davidson
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T300 (F1 Ferrari Rim) - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • JoeLeeJoeLee Member New Car Smell
    But come on, Martin is the actual commentator with David Croft so if there trying to make it so official then surely get the real commentator in? Also the fact he is brilliant to listen to and knows the sport inside out.
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Martin did the Sony games.

To be honest AD can commentate and has stood in for MB a few times so I don't mind.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    JoeLee said:
    But come on, Martin is the actual commentator with David Croft so if there trying to make it so official then surely get the real commentator in? 
    "Real" by what criteria? There are no "official" F1 commentators, Croft and Brundle are just two guys that happen to work for the same TV company in one country. And it's not even the only company that shows live F1 on British TV. (Yet.)
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.