Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is there anyone that still enjoys the game, even with the bugs?

Yes, well...
I'm playing F1 games since this year holidays, and i bought F1 2017 6 months ago. 105 AI, T300 wheel, starting in AOR F4 now, still enjoy the game, even tho there are bugs. I mean. Stop complaining and enjoy! We can be happy that anyone (codemasters) have made official F1 game which is that good! Codemasters are small company, so dont expect games like EA's ones. Im waiting for answers, why are you complaining and not looking at goods of a game? Why??
AOR Season 15 Split 3 Driver + AOR 2x Race Winner

Comments

• Ste060686Ste060686 Member New Car Smell
    path1337 said:
    Yes, well...
    I'm playing F1 games since this year holidays, and i bought F1 2017 6 months ago. 105 AI, T300 wheel, starting in AOR F4 now, still enjoy the game, even tho there are bugs. I mean. Stop complaining and enjoy! We can be happy that anyone (codemasters) have made official F1 game which is that good! Codemasters are small company, so dont expect games like EA's ones. Im waiting for answers, why are you complaining and not looking at goods of a game? Why??
    Oh come on! Any forum, ANY, is composed by 95% of people that are there just to complain. You cannot take that from them.
    If the game was perfect, they would start complain about the cover, about the price.
    Go on a forum of Ferrari's owners...they complain too.

I play offline and I enjoy the game; yea, sometimes I get passed during sc...and so? None of us is an F1 driver, who cares....I have more fun passing guys instead of setting up fast laps on a game played by also 12 years old kids

Development is hard,it's difficult. You can have the best developers, the best team, and a lot of budget. But nothing is bug free and no patch is perfect.

Look at Ubisoft, EA.. And also Apple...IOs sucks and it's buggy. Get over it
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    I actually enjoy playing it, but that's because I've given up on online entirely because i don't have enough time to race in a league... single player is quite good and I don't see many safety cars so I haven't had problems with them. I think I'm starting to notice the teammate bug a bit though
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    I thoroughly enjoy the game and play it regularly. I encountered one safety car bug, but otherwise haven't had any in my play time. 
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    FRACTURED said:
    When did we decide that "**** Quality is okay as long as everyone else is doing it"

when people dont see the bugs thats causing you problems with your gameplay. That doesnt translate into **** quality for everyone just because it does for you. 
    Xbox one, controller
  • kingmjjkingmjj Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    path1337 said:
    Yes, well...
    Enjoy a game that doesn’t work? Mate pull your head out. We spent the full price $60 which is what you pay for a triple A title on this pile of rubbish. I’m sorry when you spend money on a product you should at least expect it to work right? The multiplayer is so broken I’ve seen every league announce they’re turning off the SC and now some leagues are even closing down now. It’s a mess this game and you have no right to tel people to not complain 
  • EUfkdupEUfkdup Member New Car Smell
    FRACTURED said:
    When did we decide that "**** Quality is okay as long as everyone else is doing it"

February 8th 2018 apparently
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    FRACTURED said:
    kevinkirk said:
    FRACTURED said:

when people dont see the bugs thats causing you problems with your gameplay. That doesnt translate into **** quality for everyone just because it does for you. 

I was speaking generally. I don't have any problems with the gameplay as I don't have the game. The subpar quality modes of the game are still there for you. You've still given them your money.

I have problems with Codies giving up on their games after 3/4 months.
    I have problems with people who defend games companies saying "Its okay because other games have bugs". That's not really an excuse.

When we had the horse-meat scandal, its not like every other producer started to add cheaper horse meat because "Hey its okay Iceland and Birdseye are doing it" :)

Often times the bugs are there, people just aren't playing the game modes that are troublesome. Fair enough. If they hacked the Online and Career mode stuff off couldn't they sell the bare basics Quick Race mode to these people for a tenner rather than full price for use of one mode that's not buggy as hell, and then multiple wasted modes that won't ever be played? Regardless of the fact some people just skip the buggy modes, that doesn't stop the bugs from existing in those modes for others.

So you are getting a sub-par game, are happy to pay for that, and well done codemasters for making this one, really good, but limited part of their game for you.

Where did all this entitlement come from? And I mean this feeling that people are entitled to get **** on by Corporations.
    i agree with all that and you guys certainly have issues in the game that effect your gameplay and it ruins your gameplay and alot of others. In all the racing games i have played I just always played in the single race mode.  That being the only game mode i play  gives me tunnel vision about many bugs the game has across all of the modes.
    Xbox one, controller
  • Ste060686Ste060686 Member New Car Smell
    kingmjj said:
    path1337 said:
    Yes, well...
    Enjoy a game that doesn’t work? Mate pull your head out. We spent the full price $60 which is what you pay for a triple A title on this pile of rubbish. I’m sorry when you spend money on a product you should at least expect it to work right? The multiplayer is so broken I’ve seen every league announce they’re turning off the SC and now some leagues are even closing down now. It’s a mess this game and you have no right to tel people to not complain 
    Ah please. Nothing costing just 60bugs can be called triple A. 
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Co-Driver
    Nope! Recently the bugged wet races taking any last bit of enjoyment out of my career! I have safety car off, avoid engine development and I do not touch online anymore.

So no too much **** to put up with and I will npt buy 2018.
  • martblokemartbloke Member Pit Crew
    kingmjj said:
    path1337 said:
    Yes, well...
    Well this is a sad state of affairs especially considering Liberty Media wanting gaming to be involved in the sport more and Codies wanting to push ESports more. Not a very good advertisment for them but tbh they're getting away with it. I don't think I've seen a bad review by anyone big about the state of the game which is annoying. Without this critique publicised for all to see, it will never give these gaming companies the incentive to actually release a fully working game. 
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited February 10

martbloke said:
    ...they're getting away with it. I don't think I've seen a bad review by anyone big about the state of the game...

"Mainstream gaming media" has a mutually beneficial relationship with game companies: they give favorable coverage in exchange for "exclusive behind-the-scenes access," interviews, early/free copies, etc. because all those things help drive traffic & ad revenue to their own sites/channels, and they won't bite the hand that feeds them by publishing bad reviews that risk losing their "exclusive access" (game companies deny interviews & early/free copies to media outlets that they expect unfavorable coverage from). We can't make informed buying decisions from media review scores because they're basically the extended/outsourced marketing department for games.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it sells enough, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than reviews, requests, & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited February 11

@path1337

Is there anyone that still enjoys the game, even with the bugs?

Sure, there are some people that still enjoy the game and they have the full right to do so, even if it is questionable on how someone could turn a blind eye whilst only playing a small portion of the games content.

Anyway, remember how there is actually still a growing fanbase for the likes of COD, Battlefield, or FIFA?

It's the same principle, "bad" games being produced on a annual basis, easy gameplay, lots of fancy stuff, minimal efforts, big name / licence, focus on e-sports events etc. etc. etc., so of course the huge playerbase of casuals are going to be interested and will pay as much money as they can to get hands on their beloved franchises first hand despite all the issues.

But thankfully it seems that finally after many years of getting "scammed" some people in this community are either (fully) against Codemasters and or are sitting on the fence of jumping ships if F1 2018 doesn't deliver, a necessary development that should have taken part in 2014 already imho.

#VoteWithYourWallet

Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • SmoothstudSmoothstud Member New Car Smell

I love this game and cannot stop playing it. Im on difficulty 94....but as soon as I go to 95 I cant pass any Practise programmes....but that's just cos im not great at the game.

Yes I do get the SC bug now and then.....but apart from that, I havnt had any other bug.

I use a Thrustmaster TX racing wheel and I cant wait to get home most nights and play this game with it.