Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why is there a gap between me turning and the car actually turning in game.

Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
Hi everyone. Just bought f1 2017 and it is a great game, but I have one issue.

When turning my wheel the tyres and thereby the car turns afterwards.
When locking up the wheels, the wheels are locked even after I release the brake.

It actually looks as if the game is behind all my controller inputs. I have not experienced that before.

So my question is? How do I align controller inputs with the game response. In other words, how do i make sure that what i see in the game happens at the same time as i turn the wheel or apply the brake?
Post edited by Urun4fun on

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Urun4fun said:
    Hi everyone. Just bought f1 2017 and it is a great game, but I have one issue.

When turning my wheel the tyres and thereby the car turns afterwards.
    When locking up the wheels, the wheels are locked even after I release the brake.

It actually looks as if the game is behind all my controller inputs. I have not experienced that before.

So my question is? How do I align controller inputs with the game response. In other words, how do i make sure that what i see in the game happens at the same time as i turn the wheel or apply the brake?
    This is known as input lag but it sounds quite bad. What is your wheel and platform?

• Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
    I am using Fanatec csw 2.5 and csl elite pedals. I am playing on pc and I have played a lot of raceroom until now where I didn't feel any delay.
  • Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
    looked at youtube videos from other people and it is the same delay. I just thougth it was some graphics setting, but that's just how it is. i think the game almost take 1 tenth of a second to react, but I will make a highspeed video with my phone to test it. I may be wrong :-)

I feel totally disconnected from the car, but I will give the game a chance anyway and see if my brain will eventually manage to compensate. there is something I like with this game, I just don't know what:-)
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Try with Vsync off or if you can run at 99fps.