Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why is there a gap between me turning and the car actually turning in game.

Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
Hi everyone. Just bought f1 2017 and it is a great game, but I have one issue.

When turning my wheel the tyres and thereby the car turns afterwards.
When locking up the wheels, the wheels are locked even after I release the brake.

It actually looks as if the game is behind all my controller inputs. I have not experienced that before.

So my question is? How do I align controller inputs with the game response. In other words, how do i make sure that what i see in the game happens at the same time as i turn the wheel or apply the brake?
Post edited by Urun4fun on

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Urun4fun said:
    Hi everyone. Just bought f1 2017 and it is a great game, but I have one issue.

When turning my wheel the tyres and thereby the car turns afterwards.
    When locking up the wheels, the wheels are locked even after I release the brake.

It actually looks as if the game is behind all my controller inputs. I have not experienced that before.

So my question is? How do I align controller inputs with the game response. In other words, how do i make sure that what i see in the game happens at the same time as i turn the wheel or apply the brake?
    This is known as input lag but it sounds quite bad. What is your wheel and platform?
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    F1 2017 Season 15 F8 Car: Haas Teammate: winchy33
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
    I am using Fanatec csw 2.5 and csl elite pedals. I am playing on pc and I have played a lot of raceroom until now where I didn't feel any delay.
  • Urun4funUrun4fun Member New Car Smell
    looked at youtube videos from other people and it is the same delay. I just thougth it was some graphics setting, but that's just how it is. i think the game almost take 1 tenth of a second to react, but I will make a highspeed video with my phone to test it. I may be wrong :-)

I feel totally disconnected from the car, but I will give the game a chance anyway and see if my brain will eventually manage to compensate. there is something I like with this game, I just don't know what:-)
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Try with Vsync off or if you can run at 99fps.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    F1 2017 Season 15 F8 Car: Haas Teammate: winchy33
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|RX480 8GB|Win10x64|T300RS/F1 Rim/G25 GTEye/G230 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig