Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

new dirt rally league

Hey all, so I've started playing dirt rally quite a bit more recently and I've noticed there are barely any active leagues anymore. I'm considering starting one up if enough people would still be interested. I figure if more than 4 or 5 others want to I'll create a league and link it here. Just post and if there is interest I'll get it going over the weekend.
The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards

Comments

• ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver
    edited February 10
    So I just decided to create the league anyway. I'm going to start it out with similar rules to the original dirt rally championship here with all events in the season with 7 stages each with 6 being long stages. The first season will be group a and winner of the season selects the next class.
    https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/131052/dec-redux

• DytutDytut Member Champion
    Haven't played DR in ages, but what the hell. Let's go!
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

Meeeh, ran off the road to a DNF on stage 2. 

Completed Sweden, felt like a competent time but we will see.
    Meh, I missed Sweden. Got the flu so haven't been able to pretty much anything for a week. Still not well but I think I'll give Greece a go.

I have a feeling you'll beat me. Had like 3 spins and a reset to stage in there.
    Scyy said:
    I have a feeling you'll beat me. Had like 3 spins and a reset to stage in there.
    Heh, well I started off by going off track on SS1, small stuff after that. But just to keep it exciting I decided to pick up a puncture on SS6 to even out the times a bit before the power stage ;-)

Managed to sneak in a run in Sweden last night, was surprised that I actually won all stages but the penultimate, where I managed to misjudge the braking when it snowed and very slowly nudged one of those lovely spectators that stand on the outside of corners. The Ibiza is just so much fun in Sweden.

Overall clean run through Greece. Not the best pace, but I didn't dare go faster.

I had fairly messy run in Sweden. Wasn't necessarily slow but had a stupid spin or stop in pretty much every stage. Don't know what was wrong as f2 cars in Sweden are usually one of my best combos.
    We would have been within a second or two had I not had two terrible mistakes on ss3. Got hung up on a ledge and stupidly tried to get off it for like 10 seconds and then had to take a reset to stage. Went off right at the end as well for another 10 seconds or lost getting back on the road.
    Finland went OK, except for stage 5 where I forgot how weird the suspension is in Finland when it starts to get worn down. Strange compression sent the car airborne into a tree and had to do half the stage without the left rear. Backed off a bit on the last two stages due to that incident.

That was one infuriating end to Finland. Got to the last stage with the exhaust, suspension, engine and radiator basically at 0. get 3/4 through the last stage and go off one of the bigger jumps at full tilt. Land and got an engine failure retirement.

Stupid moon gravity, I didn't have a single  accident, basically my car was destroyed from the jumps.
    I did a horrible Germany. Didn't get any feeling for the grip and was all over the place. Managed to smash my headlights and right fron wheel in the haybales on the last stage aswell.

Wales was nice, I just love driving the Ibiza there. Hade just one big moment where I got flung off the road by touching the bank lightly on a high speed area. Didn't roll or crasch, just had to get back which lost me 10 seconds or so in total. The rest were clean runs at decent pace :-)