Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt4 v dirt rally

I play NO AIDS on thrustmaster rs 500 only on clutch and 7 speed h shifter and ive done bit of rallying on network q stage.  Ive loved  both games games but a fusion would be ideal.  I found that dirt4 had a slightly more technical approach and bit more effort was needed but was worth it with weight transfer and sharper edge of car control to unleash full potential( great ).  However where are the spectacular jumps gone from rally?
Personally i prefer the more technical driving in dirt4 and also the graphics are not as bland as rally but still I miss that fun from launching to the air which real rally cars do.
Keep up the great work codemasters STICK WITH RALLYING LADS 

Comments

• PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion

"it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • daveccdavecc Member New Car Smell
    Repetiveness defines who u r seen this b4zzzzzzzz
  • 88stix8888stix88 Member New Car Smell
    The two games need mixing, use the dirt 4 format but with the dirt rally stages.
    But give us more country’s and more stages

Irish road events would be perfect
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    Dirt4 already is a mix of dirt3 arcade and dirt rally sim.
    And it is just a big mistake they tried it.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    I'd say fixing the "flying so far in the air" is one of the main improvements in D4, was the only gripe I had with DR, but each to their own.
    Dirt4 already is a mix of dirt3 arcade and dirt rally sim.
    Dirt Rally's V2 physics were used as a basis.
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    I'd say fixing the "flying so far in the air" is one of the main improvements in D4, was the only gripe I had with DR, but each to their own.
    While I prefer the overall gravel feeling of DR, Dirt 4's greatest improvement is when the speed increases. That is why I think Michigan in D4 feels more like Finland than Finland does in DR. You feel the weight of the car coming over blind crests and you have confidence in the car.

I still think gravel is too grippy in D4 in low and mid speed corners, and the RWD's make me cry compared to DR.

In flat areas like Dirt Fish the cars feel predictable and convincing but when you hit the stages it changes a bit so I'm just speculating it might be the road surfaces and odd charachteristics of the roads that can make D4 feel strange at times.

I kinda wish we could import a stage from DR to D4 and compare.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    i think inertia and mass is still way off in both titles.The cars need more weight and tire choices to be implemented ,and then  ,maybe then the weight and feel would come back.
    Right now in both titles ,cars come to halt and slide too little and you can not sustain a "weighty" slide at all. Tarmac is far behind too.You can just "snap" correct any car and they wont push with weight.
    That said ,i enjoy both titles and own 4 copies ,but physics need quite a bit still.Cant get RFPE physics working ,so i cant comment on that yet.
    edited February 12
    Im not feeling this about cars are not weighted right and its too grippy. If the car isnt power sliding for u then Idont think your pushing enough. Also the weight im feeling from the rs 500 wheel is very realistic 1080 lock also is great also dab on the brakes before locking into corners creates great oversteer with clutch kicking.
    Turn the aids off
    1 thing idont miss from dirt rally is the stalling whilst braking over small bumps may be a reason why dirt4 keeps to the ground more?????
    davecc said:
    Turn the aids off
    I'm quite positive that the vast majority here is running without driving aids. :P
    Porkhammer we need more tracks and lessmagnets m8 my friend defo agreed
    wat                                                                                                                                           
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Race Steward
    and while you are at it Porkhammer, could we have all dem toyos as well? The cool ones, not the Prius or Lexuses?
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    @davecc Do you think Porkhammer is a dev? The way you type is extremely hard to read.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • FizzlenogFizzlenog Member New Car Smell
    I don't think powersliding and dirt 4 should be in the same sentence. It's impossible with at least half of the cars to powerslide and that's with tuning with extreme oversteer in mind. Still didn't help. Rallycross is great though..