Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally - Game won't boot, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Processor.

Busdriver101Busdriver101 Member New Car Smell
I've recently made an upgrade in my computer and now this game crashes, I've tried to validate files. 
I've noticed some other posts about having to many cores? 

Is this still the case? 

I was thinking about buying Dirt 4 but not anymore.

Comments

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Petrol Head
    DiRT 4 works with processors like this without modification, DiRT Rally will only work by turning down the cores as you said.
  • LevikparLevikpar Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    DiRT 4 works with processors like this without modification, DiRT Rally will only work by turning down the cores as you said.
    This is ridiculous, the apps or games or software and developers decides how many physical or logical cores can use or can not use, independent of the number of cores that your computer may have, why should I disable something? older games of lesser-known companies work without problem ... I have a game that I like but the processor that I have is too powerful to play. Is that what you mean? So.. example, if you told me that if I have 16GB of RAM, and the game requires 8Gb, I must extract or disable the other 8Gb so I can run the game or software without problems? This is ridiculous...
  • LevikparLevikpar Member New Car Smell
    This means that in the not too distant future, the game will never work again, because the processors have too many cores... bahhhh