Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

McLaren Aero upgrades

So I started a new career mode and because of the know engine upgrades bugs I chose to go for aero upgrades. I'm in the second season right now and only got 3 ultimate, 2 major and 1 minor upgrades left. The car is 4th performance wise. I can see Alonso doing a good job matching the Red Bulls but now I find it really difficult for me to match Alonso. I used to play 88 - 92 difficulty track dependent however its a struggle right now for me to even score green when I was doing all purples so far in practice programes. I had to massively lower the difficulty.

Could the aero upgrades be bugged in some reversed way the engine upgrades are bugged (your team mate to get much more performance and the player less)?

Does anyone else encountered this issue ao far?

I started another new career and did the quali mode program to compare the lap times, the difference between the new career mode and the one where I'm in the second season was 1.1 seconds. 

Comments

• WickedBasturdWickedBasturd Member Unleaded
    The laps were pretty similar.             
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Isn't that part of how they botched the fix for the teammate engine problems with Honda?  
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    @FRACTURED I thought they just improved the Honda engine to minimise the effect of the bug.
  • Tomekk92Tomekk92 Member New Car Smell
    FRACTURED said:
    Isn't that part of how they botched the fix for the teammate engine problems with Honda?  

First time i hear this.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    @FRACTURED I thought they just improved the Honda engine to minimise the effect of the bug.
    I can't be bothered to find the thread. They had some long winded excuse about how it wasn't easy to fix, something about training the AI drivers across all specs.
    But the 'fix' wasn't ideal and if you Sorted all the Aero and chassis out and left the engine mostly alone I think someone had previously stated it would make it quite difficult against team-mate.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Pit Crew
    edited February 13
    Why don't you just get a few engine upgrades to balance it out between you and Alonso?
    I smell like a new car.
    Will do but wasn't sure if I'm right or not. Still not 100% convinced.