Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Steam Cloud Save

Hey, anyone listening at Codemasters?

Been having repeated issues with game feel, so I bit the bullet and tinkered around with the game save files to force a Steam resync and obliterated the Steam Cloud backup.

Haven't had an issue since, although probably only four or five hours gameplay. No stutter, I can host OK, Discord works fine, GFE records. Kind of like F1 101.

So, what is in the save game files? I see a Stats file (which seems pretty obvious), Ghost laps in the Ghost folder (genius, I know), some kind of monolithic career / game save with a backup file that looks identical (except for filename). And a much smaller file with a similar name.

Possible some variables or corruption or game patch cruft that means the save is useless once the game is patched? And then Steam just reintroduces it for you no matter how many times you reinstall the game, drivers or in my case, change every bit of hardware chasing a ghost in the machine? Until you obliterate it, it would seem. That's my ten cents. Now it's up to you bods.

@Hoo @F1Support @CmRachel @jennyannem @DanHawk1ns
You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Race Steward
    I can upload my old saves (I backed them up before obliterating) you can have as much dxdiag as you like.

Think there's also a crashdump in there as well.

You can also have my new save files too. 

Game is still working fine.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com 
  • DanHawk1nsDanHawk1ns Member, Codemasters admin
    I can upload my old saves (I backed them up before obliterating) you can have as much dxdiag as you like.

Think there's also a crashdump in there as well.

You can also have my new save files too. 

Game is still working fine.
    Hey Stevie, 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issues you are having too! 

Thank you for providing all the info on how you resolved it too. Can you DM me about your dxdiag, when you get a few minutes? 

Many thanks,
    Dan