Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - v1.8 [all platforms] - found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
Hi all,

We've just pushed live the latest patch for DiRT 4! You can expect to find the below updated:

- Clubs leaderboards crashing is fixed

- Point awarded in Clubs are now shown correctly

- Community Event rewards will now always correctly be awarded

- Flavour of the Week achievement/trophy works again

As usual, please let us know if you've seen anything that has slipped through the cracks. :) 

Thanks,
Christina

Comments

• mirk1983mirk1983 Member New Car Smell
    Hi
    Both my issues in acr-invitational clubs still exist.

My bugreport from the other bug report thread.
    Hi CM.
    Last night when i was driving in the Actrollvision Community DiRT4 League -Season 1 (ACR INVITAIONAL Clubs) my stage time was not registered corecly on the second stage. On the clubs website the time is not displayed at all, but if i check in game it show DNF in the overview, but show the time if i enter the stage details.
    Additionaly i got more than 11 minutes time penelty on the 3rd stage becuse of this. 
    Please check this and if possibe correct the time.
    This bug will most likely cost me the overall win in the Actrollvision Community DiRT4 League -Season 1 otherwise. 

Pictures of the issue on the link below.

And i still do not have any points in the overal standings, even that i have won all events excerpt the first.

• kuRBulskuRBuls Member New Car Smell
    edited February 19
    Hi,
    Lately i'm on regular basis getting either game or graphics crashes. It's like I'm checking the leaderboards or doing some tuning in workshop and then i notice the graphics are frozen. FPS counters sits still, i hear sounds while pushing some buttons, even mouse cursor is moving and interacting(according to sounds) with onscreen buttons, but the screen is still. Nothing but altF4 helps. That's double as frustrating if i'm in the middle of club champ or weekly/monthly comm challenge, as crash or altF4 results in DNF. OR, this nice WRC qualifiers, in which i did not get past garage. DNF before having a chance for an attempt was epic. It's not that i would have come in top 10% anyway, but at least an attempt would seem fair.
    Br, kuRBuls
    p.s. Win10pro 64b, i7-7700K, 2x GTX980 sli, 1080x2560 g-sync monitor.
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    edited February 20
    Joined a club I run with 20+ competitors. Ends wednesday 11:45pm.
    Did the first 3 stages to the first service park. Repaired my car and quit the game as I always do. Restarted the game some minutes later and wanted to continue the club but he said I had DNF for all stages!!!! I had noticed after each of the first 3 stages that my times weren't uploaded but I didn't worry about that - sometimes the game looses connection to the internet and the times are uploaded as soon as he re-connects with racenet.

We run a championship/club with over 20 people in the sign-up-lists and it's killing my motivation completely when the game does such things on the first event. See an example for my roadbooks to get an impression how much time I spend on this championships before we even started driving:

The club id is 115534, my RACENET-id is "Walter Röhrl" and my stage times were 3:44 (stage 1), 6:17 (stage 2) and 3:16 (stage 3)  - a quick help would be very nice!!! Thanks in advance!!

Post edited by LutzM on
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    Clubs are borked.

I ran in Lutz's club tonight and many of my stage times didn't save (including the first stage). I don't show up in the stage results for the first stage and on the second stage I have a time of my second stage time plus 20 minutes. This continues like this all thru the 12 stage rally.

https://www.dirt4game.com/us/clubs/club/115534/d4-modern-lm
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Race Engineer
    Has the following been fixed on PC? (Can't test this because I've unlocked it already)
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/268718/#Comment_268718

The 'Real turbulent juice' achievement popped up right after the welcome event.
    I'm pretty sure I haven't cleanly landed a 65m jump during that stage.
    According to the Steam global achievement stats, everyone got it.

When fixed, please remove this achievement, and add it again so the stats are reset for everyone.

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • andre12norteandre12norte Member New Car Smell
    Hi all,

We've just pushed live the latest patch for DiRT 4! You can expect to find the below updated:

As usual, please let us know if you've seen anything that has slipped through the cracks. :) 

Thanks,
    Christina
    Hello, I'm sure that patch 1.08 of game dirt4, which came out two days after I received it by email, is not available for the ps4 platform, I'd like to know when it will be available for the Sony platform.
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Petrol Head
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Christina
    Hello, I'm sure that patch 1.08 of game dirt4, which came out two days after I received it by email, is not available for the ps4 platform, I'd like to know when it will be available for the Sony platform.
    It is system version 1.06 on PS4 and is available for all versions of the game.
    enamel said:
    Clubs are borked.

I ran in Lutz's club tonight and many of my stage times didn't save (including the first stage). I don't show up in the stage results for the first stage and on the second stage I have a time of my second stage time plus 20 minutes. This continues like this all thru the 12 stage rally.

Are you using any modified liveries or cameras?
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    edited February 22
    CMMcBabe said:
    enamel said:
    Clubs are borked.

Are you using any modified liveries or cameras?
    I am not, haven't modded the game at all.

One thing I noticed is while I was having this issue it seemed like racenet was running very slow, I was having timeouts downloading leader boards in the game and the club site was also very slow to populate data as well as occasional time outs. While running the stages, I was not showing up in the leaderboards on some of the stages. While I was looking at the stage times on the club site, I received an error 500 screen, so I left it for a few minutes and did something else. When I came back the club site was very fast, and I was having no issues viewing stage times.
    So it makes me wonder if a server fell over and rebooted during that time, or there was a high traffic event while I was running my rally.

My clubmates have not experienced this, other than Lutz saying his first 3 stage times were not uploaded, so I will verify the game files in Steam and try again this week.
  • mrhavremrhavre Member New Car Smell
    The game crashes randomly if you have a Microsoft Sidewinder x3 mouse connected to the computer. Crash in dinput8.dll. When unplugging the mouse, the game no longer crashes.
    This is on a fresh Windows 10 install.

This issue happens in Dirt Rally as well as Dirt 4.
  • andre12norteandre12norte Member New Car Smell
    Again the game with bug, does not mark my time on the board of leaders in the community events and nothing of the conquest taste of the week, any correction regarding the patch 1.06?
  • ITicIITicI Member New Car Smell
    edited February 27
    Hi,

A week after the patch on PS4, the trophy "Flavour of the Week" still does not work.
    Please fix this achievement/trophy on PS4.

Thanks
    Post edited by ITicI on
  • borkkalleborkkalle Member New Car Smell
    hi i have a problem where my game freezes and then crashes and then gives me this error code Access violation at address 0xe7993906 in module 'dirt4.exe' + 0xe03906.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\dirt4.exe
  • RagematicRagematic Member New Car Smell
    edited February 28

Bonjour
      Le trophée  (saveur de la semaine) ne fonctionne toujours sur ps4 pas malgré la dernière mise a jour, ça devient vraiment frustrant merci de faire quelque chose.

Cordialement 
  • ChristyoChristyo Member New Car Smell
    bonjour,                    BUG,            Pourquoi dites vous que le TROPHY FLAVOUR OF THE WEEK (BUG) est reparé alors qu il est impossible a otenir ?? un peu marre de passer des heures sur vos evenements hebdomadaires pour rien. dirt rally , ça sera sans nous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kuRBulskuRBuls Member New Car Smell
    My game crash "access violation bla bla bla" and just screen freezing problems got solved by rolling back to pre 19x,xx nvidia drivers. Currently on 188,71. Not just stability, but also performance issues are now gone. Sad thing is two WRC qualifiers and numerous club champs, weekly and monthly challenges got DNF-ed before this solution was found.

There's one thing general gameplay/UI point which I cannot figure out - switching off wipers. Once Wiper button is triggered, there's no way to switch wipers off. It just switches between ON modes. Can anyone give me a hint?
  • SepponaattoriSepponaattori Member Unleaded
    @kuRBuls press the viper button long to toggle them off.
  • JellyJellykinsJellyJellykins Member New Car Smell
    I'm having a problem where the final Rallycross event will not load. When I try to start the first event (Portugal), it just sits there at the loading screen. I let it sit for ~10 minutes once to make sure it wasn't just me being impatient, but it seems that it's just stuck. Help?
  • simonsezblahsimonsezblah Member New Car Smell
    flavour of the week trophy still broken pn ps4. this is getting seriously depressing. I've done the weeklys for months now. was happy to hear it was patched, but it still doesn't give me the trophy I have so long been waiting to get. I don't know if it's even worth doing the weeklys anymore with hope of waiting another week to just be disappointed again. can this please get fixed for real.
    For people not getting the achievement/trophy popping, can I get your PSN id/Steam name/Gamertag please?  Please say which platform.  We will see if we can see a reason why.

Have any of you seen a weekly reward screen recently?