Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Race Driver: Grid Remastered/10 years anniversary

It has been said many times in this forum but now its the right moment for this remastered..
Look at Burnout Paradise Remastered that is gonna be released on May for consoles and later for PC.. Its an epic racing game of 2008 like Grid 1.. And people are waiting it like hungry dogs... I am sure it will sell very well , why not to do the same Codemasters now you have not other game in plans (exepting the too arcade On Rush that has different target group) and your latest Dirt 4 is abandoned almost since release date? And no any announcement for any new Grid - Toca game..
Thats the right time for this Codies! :D :p B)

Comments

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    I guess the issue would be licenses like Toyota not being so readily available.

I'd like a new ToCA Race Driver more than another GRID, needs some heart/plot to go with the whizzy graphics.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited February 22

I'm not a fan of re-releases & re-makes & re-masters & recycled games. Innovation & quality have been stagnant or sinking for too long. I'm ready to move forward with new gaming experiences instead of repeating the same old stale rehashed & remixed leftovers. I'm not looking to pay again for old games I already bought & played.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's preposterous that consumers have to BEG game companies to simply make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of a paid professional tester. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly at launch just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." A game's "success" is measured by how much it sells, not by how much it's played & enjoyed, so they listen to money more than requests & complaints, and they'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. #VoteWithYourWallet

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Operator1 said:

I'm not a fan of re-releases & re-makes & re-masters & recycled games. Innovation & quality have been stagnant or sinking for too long. I'm ready to move forward with new gaming experiences instead of repeating the same old stale rehashed & remixed leftovers. I'm not looking to pay again for old games I already bought & played.

I am not fun too but in Grid 1 i could make a exeption..  Also i dont see that Codemasters are gonna offer us a new Grid or Toca game like old ones or at least like Grid Autosport so i would like a remastered Grid 1..
  • yussufyussuf Member New Car Smell
    I am absolutely for it.. a remastered GRID will make us forget all the disappointment of the modern racing video games.. Unfortunately, it is kinda difficult because of the licenses..
    Personally, and after a lot of experience around racing video games, I can confidentially say that Race Driver : Grid is best racing game ever developed and probably will remain! It is true its handling is a bit arcady, it's true its graphic is outdated, but the charm it has is unique!
  • Qwark77Qwark77 Member New Car Smell
    I totaly agree with the author of this topic. Race driver Grid (1) was amazing. You should resell it to a new public. The new generation of young players is not aware of the wealth from this firt opus.
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby Member Wheel Nut
    ^^ I'm with you guys (as you know) although I'm not sure how likely it is.  It might be just as feasible to develop a whole new game, with updated graphics, tracks and cars, yet as true to GRID as possible.  Also, there are GRID fans who want changes contradictory to what other groups want.  Like tuning.  To me that's nearly a deal breaker, simplicity being key and plenty of other racing games being available for that aspect of racing.  It's all about the race.  Let the Race Driver do his thing, and the engineers and wrenches do theirs.  And the handling.  Should it be more realistic, or retain the original game's niche in the zone closer to sim, but more accessible  (My keyboard seems to have let some keys go on spring break.  Sorry)  There's more, but my tine seems to be up.
  • oceanmovesoceanmoves Member New Car Smell
    we need a new 4k Gen title in the spirit of "racing driver/grid 1" which includes the best of those offerings : proper off line career. grid 1 style online with free collisions, chat. subscriber model so servers are paid for.
    decent range of real world tracks and cars. 
    pick up and play code masters handling. no tuning.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Engineer
    edited April 11
    Operator1 said:

I agree with that. I never by remasters anyway because they're never really the same. I've always liked the grid series and rather controversially preferred it over the dirt series really. So I'd love to atleast see one more addition to the series. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02