Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Throttle Issues Out of Nowhere

JonnyHoonitJonnyHoonit Member New Car Smell
I've been playing F1 2017 for a while now without issues, but now all of a sudden the game is failing to register the correct inputs from my Logi G920.

The throttle is stuck wide open and cannot be unstuck, FFB has disappeared, and if I try to reset the throttle binding, I get a "-z" icon instead of the throttle pedal.  The pedals and wheel are working 100% (checked via device manager, and in iRacing and PC2).

Reinstalled drivers for the wheel and Logitech profiler, restarted the PC multiple times, and still the same issue.

The only thing I did differently recently was try multiplayer (130 hours and I now felt confident to give it a whirl).  Was some little toad cheating or doing something nasty that could have caused this?  I'll be peeved to lose 2 seasons worth of career.

Also, I modded in a custom helmet for myself, could that have caused it by entering multiplayer?

Any ideas before I just take off and nuke it from orbit just to be sure?

Edit: I just deleted it and reinstalled. Same issue.

edit 2: there is something else, I only just bought Project Cars 2. I did a quick search and found people who have had identical issues with Codemasters games since downloading PC2.

This seems way more likely. Any solutions would be very appreciated.
Post edited by JonnyHoonit on

Comments

• JonnyHoonitJonnyHoonit Member New Car Smell
    The thick plottens.

So I decided to take the shotgun method and reinstalled windows 10.

Without PC2 installed F1 2017 no longer has this issue. I’m now too scared to reinstall PC2.

PC’s are weird man.
    Any response from Codemasters on this issue or am I just peeing into the wind on this forum?
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Any response from Codemasters on this issue or am I just peeing into the wind on this forum?
    The latter. They're already focusing on Formula Ripoff 2018, whilst the game-breaking bugs in 2017 continue undeterred.
    It’s hardly a ripoff. There’s a few bugs and I’m just looking for an answer, not drama llamas descending on my thread.
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    You most likely wont get a response from them since they have F1 2018 to worry about now..
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    It’s hardly a ripoff. There’s a few bugs and I’m just looking for an answer, not drama llamas descending on my thread.

@ho3n3r is right. He's no llama.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.