Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 Graphics Glitch/Graphics Flicker Glitch + More Bug/Bugs...

So on XB1 I been getting a lot of graphics issues.. I get flickers of colors on the screen in the midst of sessions mostly purple and or pink (Almost the whole screen but mostly on the top left of the screen down to the middle of the screen along the entire top of the screen as well) and sometimes throws me off along with replay mode sometimes putting black rounded graphics/fog around the cars making them nearly just floating/sitting black fog racing around the track... I also seem to have a issue of traction being less on the PC version of the game than on XB1... I can race as Force India on XB1 just fine with rarely loosing traction but on PC I loose it all the time along with it feeling harder to turn the corners on PC since the cars seem to be more "stiff". I also seem to get WAY to many rainy sessions than clear/foggy sessions and its really annoying cause about 30-50 percent of the races are in the rain and the rest are clear to semi clear conditions.. I also still have the issue where Alonso gets WAY less pace than me when its in the later seasons (Still seems like his car does not get the performance increases through the upgrades). 

Comments

  • peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Pit Crew
    Set DVR captures to 720p from 1080p to fix the color flickers. Rainy sessions is just something we have to live with, this game isn't getting more patches. Can't help you with the Xbox/PC thing because I only play on Xbox. Also move away from McLaren.
    I smell like a new car.
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    Shoot moving from McLaren sucks cause thats the team I enjoy the most :neutral: 

    Hopefully 2018 fixes the McLaren issues.
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    Well going from 1080p to 720p helps the graphics issue although it makes it blurry to all hell... Probably cause I have a 42 inch TV :neutral:
  • rbfan09rbfan09 Member New Car Smell
    flicking framerate drop and screen freezing happens in most lobbies with 10 more players turning off dvr or changing the settings to 720p does not fix this issue! changing host can sometimes help.  
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    Vileplume said:
    Guys I found a solution to fixing F1 2017, and it's free! Enjoy.


    Nah im good, lols. I still enjoy this game more than any other I play :smile:
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Zieonn said:
    Well going from 1080p to 720p helps the graphics issue although it makes it blurry to all hell... Probably cause I have a 42 inch TV :neutral:
    just change the capture setting to capture in 720 in the xbox capture options. Leave the actual gameplay setting in 1080
    Xbox one, controller
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    I changed it in Xbox One settings but how to in-game?
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Zieonn said:
    I changed it in Xbox One settings but how to in-game?
    you dont change it in game, just on your xbox in the capture settings options page. Just to be clear leave your xbox display set to 1080 so you can still play the game in 1080. Just change what your xbox dvr captures in to 720. You should still be playing the game in 1080 with 1080 graphics.
    Xbox one, controller
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    kevinkirk said:
    Zieonn said:
    I changed it in Xbox One settings but how to in-game?
    you dont change it in game, just on your xbox in the capture settings options page. Just to be clear leave your xbox display set to 1080 so you can still play the game in 1080. Just change what your xbox dvr captures in to 720. You should still be playing the game in 1080 with 1080 graphics.
    Okay thought so, although it seems the issue was not related to that since I now have it all in 1080p and the Allow 50Hz and Allow 24Hz unchecked. (As soon as I unchecked both those options and have everything else on 1080p I stopped getting the flickering)
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    edited March 18
    Zieonn said:
    kevinkirk said:
    Zieonn said:
    I changed it in Xbox One settings but how to in-game?
    you dont change it in game, just on your xbox in the capture settings options page. Just to be clear leave your xbox display set to 1080 so you can still play the game in 1080. Just change what your xbox dvr captures in to 720. You should still be playing the game in 1080 with 1080 graphics.
    Okay thought so, although it seems the issue was not related to that since I now have it all in 1080p and the Allow 50Hz and Allow 24Hz unchecked. (As soon as I unchecked both those options and have everything else on 1080p I stopped getting the flickering)

    glad it stopped but not those settings options, your capture settings options was what i was trying to say. Put the setting in blue in this photo to 720 instead of 1080.        See the source image
    Xbox one, controller
  • ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    kevinkirk said:
    Zieonn said:
    kevinkirk said:
    Zieonn said:
    I changed it in Xbox One settings but how to in-game?
    you dont change it in game, just on your xbox in the capture settings options page. Just to be clear leave your xbox display set to 1080 so you can still play the game in 1080. Just change what your xbox dvr captures in to 720. You should still be playing the game in 1080 with 1080 graphics.
    Okay thought so, although it seems the issue was not related to that since I now have it all in 1080p and the Allow 50Hz and Allow 24Hz unchecked. (As soon as I unchecked both those options and have everything else on 1080p I stopped getting the flickering)

    glad it stopped but not those settings options, your capture settings options was what i was trying to say. Put the setting in blue in this photo to 720 instead of 1080.        See the source image
    Yeah I already did that I just saw someone saying there is a way in-game and I was second guessing that cause I never saw a option showing such thing and console only has that feature on very very few games.. 
Sign In or Register to comment.