Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Tyre wear management

Hi there
Is there anyone here on keyboard having a hard time trying to get a perfect result on the tyre wear managment program using a keyboard. If you are nailing it please can you help me out with what I need to do to get it right
really having a hard time

thanx
viking

Comments

• DayvJonezDayvJonez Member New Car Smell
    I'm playing on PS4, but are you actually steering with a keyboard? That sounds ridiculous! I can't imagine staying on the racing line let alone doing it with any kind of tire wear efficiency. If it's a button you can't control how much force you're using...

I think you ought to buy a wheel...
  • mufc9000mufc9000 Member New Car Smell
    Just connect a controller(ps4 or xbox) to your pc and play with that
  • EricTheRedEricTheRed Member New Car Smell
    I have tried and couldnt get it too work
  • EricTheRedEricTheRed Member New Car Smell
    I tried a controller and well it didnt tune out as planned
  • Uday9479Uday9479 Member Unleaded
    In this tyre management programme, I've not once gotten a good lap. When driving around the turns, the slier slips to Red unless it's expected You take the corner slow but that's not possible as there's a certain time that we need to best & it's not possible to succeed in it if driving slow.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Hi there
    Is there anyone here on keyboard having a hard time trying to get a perfect result on the tyre wear managment program using a keyboard. If you are nailing it please can you help me out with what I need to do to get it right

thanx
    viking

It can be tricky asnd you won't always pass but one thing that does help me have a better chance is try to do allthe braking you need to do before the turn in then turn and once you're out accelerate again. Generally the most difficult parts aer the long sweeping corners such as Suzuka's S curves  at the start of the lapand those long turns in China but other than that if you follow what I've said that usually works. I play on keyboard as well and this is how I've managed to do it best. It's still tricky but it's the best way to do it on keyboard I think. It's just a case of taking things a little easier to ease the stress and strain on the tyres

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Uday9479Uday9479 Member Unleaded
    Hi there

thanx
    viking

It can be tricky asnd you won't always pass but one thing that does help me have a better chance is try to do allthe braking you need to do before the turn in then turn and once you're out accelerate again. Generally the most difficult parts aer the long sweeping corners such as Suzuka's S curves  at the start of the lapand those long turns in China but other than that if you follow what I've said that usually works. I play on keyboard as well and this is how I've managed to do it best. It's still tricky but it's the best way to do it on keyboard I think. It's just a case of taking things a little easier to ease the stress and strain on the tyres
    The kerbs in the game play a very unusual part. In the tyre management programme when going over them, the slider goes towards Red. It also really baffles me that the car's acceleration slows down when driving over a kerb. I think it's not factual.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    Actual kerbs (not painted ones used in very few circuits) used in most tracks are like sawtooth patterned flaps. They aren’t just painted tarmac. There is significantly less grip on them. Usually drivers use them to run wide so they can carry more speed trough the previous corner but they usually don’t go full throttle on the kerb itself. The game models tire wear based on wheel slip/spin. So when you go on a kerb and the wheels spin, that increases tire wear.