Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will F1 2017 players be able to try F1 2018 before release? (Beta/Alpha)

ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
So since I bought F1 2017 early in its release and have played 300 hours of the game (Also bought on PC and XB1), I am curious as to if us the people who bought the game early on will be able to test/try F1 2018?? I am very interested in buying and playing all upcoming F1 games from Codies till they stop making the games (Hopefully they dont I dont care what any haters say)..

I have just recently got into F1 again (August 28'th of last year) and last time I watched F1 was in 2006 when Fernando Alonso won the second championship in a row for Renault. 

FYI my favorite team is Renault alongside Haas since its my home country team.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Co-Driver
    Accepted Answer
    Hopefully this year we’ll have an open beta as last years sort of already was an open beta with all the leaks coming out. Sadly I never get chosen as a beta tester.. :/
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T150 Wheel (Ferrari edition)
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended Events: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP / Barcelona Winter Testing 2018
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Accepted Answer
    Last years beta was promising, allthough I was under the impression that quite a few chosen for the beta weren't realy focused on actual testing, esspecially when the multiplayer became available for testing. At a certain point Codemasters had to let more people in to get some results instead of friends playing private games.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

Answers

• ZieonnZieonn Member New Car Smell
    Just in case someone takes it the wrong way im not meaning it as in "Oh I bought the game and played a good bit of it so I deserve it" im asking more in a question so that im not exactly blind on the changes to the game and or the bugs that will be in it since I know the budget of the game is not triple a status..
    Hopefully this year we’ll have an open beta as last years sort of already was an open beta with all the leaks coming out. Sadly I never get chosen as a beta tester.. :/
    Hopefully you get chosen this year if the beta happens :smile:
    Last years beta was promising, allthough I was under the impression that quite a few chosen for the beta weren't realy focused on actual testing, esspecially when the multiplayer became available for testing. At a certain point Codemasters had to let more people in to get some results instead of friends playing private games.
    Yeah lets just hope that the people selected this year (If there is a beta) are more passionate about finding issues that need resolved and not just wanting in to strictly play the game.
  • Zviko0Zviko0 Member New Car Smell
    Zieonn said:
    Yeah lets just hope that the people selected this year (If there is a beta) are more passionate about finding issues that need resolved and not just wanting in to strictly play the game.
    Isn't the main focus in beta improving handling, physics etc? I think they did pretty good job last year. Finding and reporting bugs is just a bonus. Fixing those is Codemasters' job but sadly, they cant fix them without creating tons more. So whats really the point of having beta?
    Zviko0 said:
    Zieonn said:
    Isn't the main focus in beta improving handling, physics etc? I think they did pretty good job last year. Finding and reporting bugs is just a bonus. Fixing those is Codemasters' job but sadly, they cant fix them without creating tons more. So whats really the point of having beta?
    Well the issue Codemasters has is not really their lack of skills/knowledge of making games but more of budget, if you have no budget you cant do what you want to do (Along with Licensing and such). I think they did a okay job with F1 2017 beta yes but the point of the beta for them at this point (Since budget is not that of a Triple A game) is to improve upon what needs improved upon and fixing what they can that they can actually fix within 1: the time frame and 2: the budget. If they had the budget of a Triple A game it would for sure be more bug free than it is now (Not completely because not even Triple A titles are bug free which makes since cause making a game is not a simple task).
    Vileplume said:
    I don't think they'll let us players try it. Remember they did this for 2016 and unfortunately some twits released footage of it when they were strictly told not to. Also, one person could not give feedback because he didn't know how to open the email.
    If you cant send feedback cause you dont know how to open a email that person should just give up on gaming and using any technology in general :lol:
  • Zviko0Zviko0 Member New Car Smell
    Ofcourse its lack of skill. The code is there, its written, it just doesn't work as it should and they dont know how to fix it without breaking something else.
    Zviko0 said:
    Ofcourse its lack of skill. The code is there, its written, it just doesn't work as it should and they dont know how to fix it without breaking something else.
    Yes but thats not exactly lack of skill it can fall under the lines of not enough budget to pay for the time to fix it perfectly or do it half fast cause not enough budget it dont always mean skill it also has things to do with pay.. They do get paid hourly not set income (Which set income would be better).
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Team Principal
    These are all assumptions, allthough the result kinda proofs it. And because of the lack of communications, once more even though they hired more staff, we are left in the dark. That's were assumptions are born.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

These are all assumptions, allthough the result kinda proofs it. And because of the lack of communications, once more even though they hired more staff, we are left in the dark. That's were assumptions are born.
    I totally agree but its just hard for me to say its lack of knowledge of coding since they are "capable" of making the games and "fixing" certain things without breaking others.. It just kinda leads to me thinking its either budget or lack of communication/company related issues that could and should be resolved.