Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

THE FIRST GAMEPLAY VIDEOS (VVV TEAM)

To say you the truth .??I am really disappointent about it , the only thing i like is the action camera position like the one of Motorstorm and nothing else.. Skip and wait for any new Grid - Toca game

Comments

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Man this game would be so much fun with Split-Screen. Really sad to not see it make an appearance. I think the game overall will be pretty fun though as long as they have different game modes and stuff to keep us hooked.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited March 22

At best, this looks like an indie mobile game. More realistically, it looks like a HD remake of a 1990's bargain-bin battle-racer. I don't see how this innovates on a decades-old formula or introduces anything new & compelling.

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Wow the game looks so bad in terms of graphics, was going to pick it up but not anymore.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Yeah i think the gameplay videos make bad than good at this game ... Everyone was expecting something more and  not only graphically but about gameplay too... I hope the next CM game which should be either Grid or Toca  to use a new graphics engine using dx12 and to looks like a really modern game otherwise i am afraid that we have to be compromised that codemasters became just a decent indie's company (considering how looks Dirt 4 , and games like toy box , micromachines, etc )... Unfortunately!
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    This explains the concept, which is unusual:

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    This explains the concept, which is unusual:

He sounds like a Codemasters employee trying to sell the game. I think it will flop in my opinion.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    At this video the game looks even worse to me , the location map seems to be the same , no variety just mountains , trees , forests , rivers , and thats all! Nothing to do with the dark post apocalypse environet of motorstorm with thet beautiful destructions.. Only i liked the free photo camera , i hope CM to get this features to their next games (Grid , Dirt)
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited March 22

7 Ways OnRush Is Totally Not A Racing Game

Take-down opponents, earn boost, get points to win, & unlock cosmetics in loot crates = "totally, completely, & radically different from anything you've ever seen??" (...assuming you haven't seen much.)

Did the studio's marketing department hand that (p)reviewer this script?

I can see how this could be a bit of whimsical fun for a couple hours as a rental or at a low bargain price.

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet