Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Updates for the future in 2018 career mode and gameplay overall (F1 Suggestions)

I think in the future for this game in career mode there needs to be a number of simple features added that will make a big difference to the whole experience of it.

First of all I think in the trophies section there needs to be an option where you can view the race directory of a previous race completed. This would show the qualifying line up, the finishing order and the fastest lap time. There should also be an option to see how many times you've qualified on pole or your best qualifying position as well as how many times you've finished first or your best finishing position, along with fastest lap times. We should also be able to keep records of inter-team battles allowing us to see who out scores who in different areas, such as qualifying, better race finishes and lap times.

I also am in support of other posts I've seen discussing team orders as it will definitely make the game more interesting, as well as being able to do more outside of the car just to enhance the experience of the game altogether. even simply walking around the garage before a session being able to access different forms of information and data from engineers would improve the game massively. When speaking of the data being obtained in this feature, I think it would be important to have a lot more telemetry for the sessions, simply having sector times isn't enough as that doesn't aid in enough detail to let us know where we are to slow which can have big effects in qualifying and race pace. Players should also be able to analyse their team mates car set up and imitate it as pleased when struggling for pace over a race weekend, this is a feature that i thought would have been added years ago but still hasn't been.

During the race itself i believe players should be able to access the time distance between themselves and any other driver on track, not just the driver in front and behind. You should also be able to find out if another driver is in a fast fuel mode or not which then can aid in reactions to you changing your pace where necessary to keep gaps to a certain distance if possible. This is due to the fact that in the big battle of a race distance these two drivers may not be the main rivals that may potentially win the race which has been annoying for quite some years. Furthermore the game should be able to identify potential dangers of being undercut and over cut which may ruin chances of a win if you are overtaken by certain drivers. The information on the steering wheel could be further improved as well, this could be done by having a way to select options on it, changing the information presented on the dash. The delta time, the break bias and the diff are a few pieces that should be on there, this could then be taken away from the MFD.

Consistent commentary from David Crofty and Martin Brundle (not Anthony Davidson) in a race would also be a nice addition supplying consistent entertainment and information over a race distance. This would definitely entertain players over a quiet race a lot more as you can sometimes find yourself having a lonely and boring race. Jeff should also provide more race information without players having to ask for it, every lap there are changing variables which could and should be mentioned without having to check the MFD; and other pieces of information that can be on screen.

Flat spots is also something that should be incorporated into the gameplay of the race as this can change the whole dynamics of the on track experience. Having flat spots occur during a session can cost drivers a set of tyres and can have a big knock on effect when it comes to having a number of tyres available for qualifying and the race. The vibrations should get worse on board along with the level of damage there is on a tyre due to the flat spot making errors a lot more punishing. This would in turn cause drivers to handle the car with a lot more care. 

Moreover, mechanical issues are quite scares which is quite annoying considering the AI will have retirements due to engine issues or what not, yet you as a player doesn't suffer from those things, just a simple loss of power due to competent wear or temporarily losing a gear which sooner or later starts working again, even the odd occasions of a puncture or DRS not working isn't always enough to change the dynamics of your race. I believe the odd engine blowouts over a season will make the overall championship very interesting as you can lose quite a lot of points to the competition either widening the gap or closing it.

The game could also do with more cinematic features throughout a race weekend, especially at the end of qualifying and race. this gives a bigger sense of feel and pride to accomplishments and failures as its not easy going through a full race weekend as it is. i believe this would be a highly valued and appreciated feature if put into the game with enough detail.

Finally team contracts should be more dynamic not just consisting of the 3 top teams offering you a drive, just because you perform well. Players could potentially want to go for a team towards the end of the field and build them up to the top after being dominate with a top team for a number of sessions. 

Tagged:

Comments

• martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    Agree with most but not the info of what fuel mix a driver is in nor full race commentary. IRL, you don't know what fuel mix another driver (outside of your team) is in and I'm happy with just the engineer in my ear. Listening to Ant reading from a script and not speaking naturally all race would annoy the hell out of me. Engineer just needs to be able to give more info.
  • TonyHamTonyHam Member New Car Smell
    Making a game that isn't bug ridden would be even better don't you think?
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    Will Vettel finally get his black gloves in this years game?
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    TonyHam said:
    Making a game that isn't bug ridden would be even better don't you think?
    I agree that 1st and foremost is that the game bugs from F1 2017 need to be fixed so the game is bug free. However, if they just release a bug bug free F1 2017 with updated cars/drivers and nothing extra for F1 2018, I shall not be buying it. This should've been the game I got last year and I'm certainly not paying an extra £50 for the same game.

It has to be a fixed AND improved game for F1 2018 imo otherwise we are just suckers and Codies should just charge £100 for each game as long as it's bug free.
  • Ivánluna91Ivánluna91 Member New Car Smell
    Hola bbueno días  me gustaría saber cómo puedo cambiar honda mclaren , a mclaren Renault x favor una allida lo e visto en tutoriales de PS4 

• inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Petrol Head
    Being able to do a quick pit stop in qualy. Also speed the god damn pit crew up. I've seen trees grow quicker. 

PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut

I think in the future for this game in career mode there needs to be a number of simple features added that will make a big difference to the whole experience of it.

First of all I think in the trophies section there needs to be an option where you can view the race directory of a previous race completed. This would show the qualifying line up, the finishing order and the fastest lap time. There should also be an option to see how many times you've qualified on pole or your best qualifying position as well as how many times you've finished first or your best finishing position, along with fastest lap times. We should also be able to keep records of inter-team battles allowing us to see who out scores who in different areas, such as qualifying, better race finishes and lap times.

I also am in support of other posts I've seen discussing team orders as it will definitely make the game more interesting, as well as being able to do more outside of the car just to enhance the experience of the game altogether. even simply walking around the garage before a session being able to access different forms of information and data from engineers would improve the game massively. When speaking of the data being obtained in this feature, I think it would be important to have a lot more telemetry for the sessions, simply having sector times isn't enough as that doesn't aid in enough detail to let us know where we are to slow which can have big effects in qualifying and race pace. Players should also be able to analyse their team mates car set up and imitate it as pleased when struggling for pace over a race weekend, this is a feature that i thought would have been added years ago but still hasn't been.

During the race itself i believe players should be able to access the time distance between themselves and any other driver on track, not just the driver in front and behind. You should also be able to find out if another driver is in a fast fuel mode or not which then can aid in reactions to you changing your pace where necessary to keep gaps to a certain distance if possible. This is due to the fact that in the big battle of a race distance these two drivers may not be the main rivals that may potentially win the race which has been annoying for quite some years. Furthermore the game should be able to identify potential dangers of being undercut and over cut which may ruin chances of a win if you are overtaken by certain drivers. The information on the steering wheel could be further improved as well, this could be done by having a way to select options on it, changing the information presented on the dash. The delta time, the break bias and the diff are a few pieces that should be on there, this could then be taken away from the MFD.

Consistent commentary from David Crofty and Martin Brundle (not Anthony Davidson) in a race would also be a nice addition supplying consistent entertainment and information over a race distance. This would definitely entertain players over a quiet race a lot more as you can sometimes find yourself having a lonely and boring race. Jeff should also provide more race information without players having to ask for it, every lap there are changing variables which could and should be mentioned without having to check the MFD; and other pieces of information that can be on screen.

Flat spots is also something that should be incorporated into the gameplay of the race as this can change the whole dynamics of the on track experience. Having flat spots occur during a session can cost drivers a set of tyres and can have a big knock on effect when it comes to having a number of tyres available for qualifying and the race. The vibrations should get worse on board along with the level of damage there is on a tyre due to the flat spot making errors a lot more punishing. This would in turn cause drivers to handle the car with a lot more care. 

Moreover, mechanical issues are quite scares which is quite annoying considering the AI will have retirements due to engine issues or what not, yet you as a player doesn't suffer from those things, just a simple loss of power due to competent wear or temporarily losing a gear which sooner or later starts working again, even the odd occasions of a puncture or DRS not working isn't always enough to change the dynamics of your race. I believe the odd engine blowouts over a season will make the overall championship very interesting as you can lose quite a lot of points to the competition either widening the gap or closing it.

The game could also do with more cinematic features throughout a race weekend, especially at the end of qualifying and race. this gives a bigger sense of feel and pride to accomplishments and failures as its not easy going through a full race weekend as it is. i believe this would be a highly valued and appreciated feature if put into the game with enough detail.

Finally team contracts should be more dynamic not just consisting of the 3 top teams offering you a drive, just because you perform well. Players could potentially want to go for a team towards the end of the field and build them up to the top after being dominate with a top team for a number of sessions. 

Couldn't agree more in terms of the comments made about telemetry.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Will Vettel finally get his black gloves in this years game?
    The only real reason to check the forums these days.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.